Sunday, July 11, 2010

Closet Dilemmas

So, earlier this week I had a very bad closet problem, a burnt out light bulb. Okay, so maybe it's not the worst problem ever, I could just replace the bulb, but I wasn't tall enough (even on a chair). You also have to understand something about my household, when a light burns out, I usually have to annoy my husband for a week to replace it because I'm just not tall enough with these stupid ceilings. A month ago the light in where the toilet and shower are burnt out and it took him 4 days to fix it. I had to shower in the dark. Although, that was rather enjoyable and spooky.

So, as I read in the closet (yes, I really really do), I was a bit depressed about the prospect of giving up my reading time for the next week. And as you can see in this pic, there is no light in the closet (the black abyss is my closet), it's not like it has windows. Which wouldn't matter anyway because I usually read in the middle of the night.

So, I came up with a very quick solution which actually works better than the closet light. A BOOK LIGHT!! Yeah!

I ran over to the Barnes & Noble and picked up a lime green book light. It's one of my favorite colors which you would know if you could see my kitchen aid.

I was very excited at the prospect of a lime green light and the fact that I didn't have to stop reading. That would have sucked because I'm in the middle of a very yummy series that I just can't put down.

So, here is a pic of the light I bought. As a side note though, I don't think I would recommend this particular light because I bought the thing like 4 days ago and the light is already faded. Even if it did cost only $12 it still should last longer than 4 days. I've been using it for about 3-4 hours a night for 3 nights (one of the 4 nights I fell asleep). So, probably not the best quality. I think I will return it and get a better one.

(Its the travel light from Barnes & Noble).

As of now, the light in the closet is fixed, but I still use the book light to read because it never wakes up the hubby and that means no one bothers me and I can read til all hours. SWEET!

Have any of you had reading dilemmas? They aren't the most fun when your a bibliophile, I read to escape and cope with the world around me. A week without reading would have been hell!

Jen the Bibliophile
Now I'm off to Borders to buy me some vamp books!
Flourish

21 Pages is having a contest!

Here’s your chance to win ARCs of CLOCKWORK ANGEL, PARANORMALCY, DELIRIUM, LINGER, FIRELIGHT, THE IVY and LINGER! Some of this summer/fall’s most highly anticipated releases, I’m sure. These are not pre-orders, but actual advance reader copies.

    To celebrate 400+ followers, as well, and here are some guidelines:
  • International.
  • Closes August 20th, 2010.
  • If you enter now and complete more extra entries later, you may enter again (I’ll add them to your first entries).
  • If I get enough followers (get referring!) I may add more winners/books!
(Click HERE to check it out)


Here’s exactly what’s up for grabs: Your choice of:
Clockwork Angel
by Cassandra Clare
Delirium
by Lauren Oliver
Linger
by Maggie Stiefvater
Firelight
by Sophie Jordan
The Ivy
by Lauren Kunze, Rina Onur
Paranormalcy
by Kiersten White

4 comments:

  1. My husband got me a Petzl headlamp for the holidays and I use it an hour most days. It has a hi and low settings. I often put the elastic around my kindle cover opposite my kindle - works great.Plug in LED lights last a really long time
    Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a funny story when you told me about it and it is more so now. Men... can't even help with a light bulb.

    Although, it is sad that the book-light isn't holding up it's end of the bargain. I hope that the next is better to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a giftcard... That had money on it!! Lots of money, I mean more then $1.78. I headed off to best buy. Sometimes they have books and accessories. I was looking around. No books that I wanted. (Mostly out of order series or books I owned already). Next stop was to check out the booklights. They had one. ONE. Whoa, what a selection. I didn't get it. I like to compare. I just couldn't believe it. Bookcover for my Nook. Two tacky no name brand covers that I hope no own will buy.

    Anyway, it's been an off day. I did end up with the Chip N Dale Recuse Ranger DVD's and a CSI NY season set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same dilemma when i got my kindle about 2 months ago. I was so used to reading in the dark with only my laptop light on that when I got the kindle and it sunk in that it has no backlight I was troubled. I got a specific kindle light at amazon, called Kandle, but it wasn't bright enough. I ended up getting the exact same one you just bought at the airport just because I was dying to get a better kindle light and because it was only 12 buck. Mine is the exact same one in black and I love it. The light is pretty bright for a travel book light and mine hasn't faded at all. Maybe you just got a defective one? I dunno, but I vouch for that one. It's the best one I found so far to read with the lights off in my room (I do like to do so). But, if you find a better one, let me know!

    VampAngel
    VampAngel's Reviews: To Read or Not To Read It? That is The Question

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails