Saturday, July 3, 2010

Today's Answer In the Closet (No.1)

Today's Answer in the Closet is based upon the meme from Khadija over at Black Fingernailed Reviews. I've decided that since I am constantly being asked what my favorite book is or what my favorite song is and I can never actually tell anyone because it's always changing that this meme would be a good idea. I will do it weekly and my answer will depend on how I feel that week. My hopes in doing this will be to let my followers get a glimpse of my off-the-wall self and hopefully finally answer those 2 looming questions always posed to me. :D Here we go!

My Favorite Book This Week Is:
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. (synopsis from Goodreads.com)

So, in highlight of the fact that Mockingjay is coming out very soon, this book has been on my mind constantly! It's funny because I really did like the first book The Hunger Games, but I didn't love it until I read Catching Fire. I once read that there are several different type of sequels. One, a sequel that you read and you feel the same about it that you did about the first. Two, a sequel you read and it makes you hate the previous books in the series. And three, a sequel that you read that is so wonderful it makes you love the first in the series even more. That last one is exactly how I felt about Catching Fire *clears throat* and I'd just like to say one last thing:

My Favorite Song for This Week Is:
Airplanes featuring Eminem and Hayley Williams (I couldn't find the music video for part II with Eminem, so here is the song and then the official music video with B.O.B. is below it)

I have an affection for Eminem when I'm in a fowl mood! It's like I can yell along with him and it really makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. :D

(here is the official music video with Haley Williams and B.O.B.... which is also TOTALLY AWESOME!)


Whats your favorite book and song of the week?

Jen the Bibliophile

1 comment:

  1. I love yelling with his music too. He sure has some raw lyrics that make you want to thank him for staying real. Great song choice. I have a what I'm listening to for my blog and it does change with how you feel. I can't wait to see more of what you listen.

    Haven't read those books yet:( but I have them.

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails