Saturday, July 10, 2010

Today's Answer In the Closet (No.2)

Today's Answer in the Closet is based upon the meme from Khadija over at Black Fingernailed Reviews. I've decided that since I am constantly being asked what my favorite book is or what my favorite song is and I can never actually tell anyone because it's always changing that this meme would be a good idea. I will do it weekly and my answer will depend on how I feel that week. My hopes in doing this will be to let my followers get a glimpse of my off-the-wall self and hopefully finally answer those 2 looming questions always posed to me. :D Here we go!

My Favorite Book This Week Is:
Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires No.1) by Rachel Caine

From the author of the popular Weather Warden series comes the debut of an exciting new series set in Morganville, Texas, where you would be well advised to avoid being out after dark.

College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life, but they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood. (synopsis from Goodreads.com)

I had a friend of mine actually recommend this book to me and all I can say really is WOW! I'd been avoiding vampire books in the past for reasons unexplainable, but recently I've decided to read them. And let me tell you, there are so many out there I don't think I will ever get a handle on them all. However, this particular book, although a YA book happened to be absolutely wonderful. Now, I've always had a very high love and affection for all things YA, but the vamp books aren't necessarily the best written. This however was scrumptiously well written and scintillating to an extreme degree. Plus one of the sweetly hot male characters, Shane, is a delicious specimen of man flesh. He really does deserve to be licked from head to toe. I mean, my goodness, I would be more than happy to rip his close off and --*clears throat* . --Sorry, my vivid imagination was impairing reality.

My Favorite Song for This Week Is:
Can't Be Tamed by Miley Cyrus

Yes, I know it's by Miley Cyrus... don't judge me!

You have to understand, this music video is HOT! I mean, listen to the beat and all those sweet moves. Seriously, I'd make out with Miley Cyrus after this one and I tend to prefer the male species.

Whats your favorite book and song of the week?

Jen the Bibliophile

Also, I've had many a request for pictures of me in my closet as most people cannot quite get an image for it. So, I've decided I will tidy it up for all of you and catch some shots of me in there to give you the roundabout size and proportions of my lovely closet of where I spend so much of my time. Although a giant cozy chair would be preferable, the closet is quite lovely. So, check back next week for a pic inside the closet!

6 comments:

  1. I love that song!! When I saw the video a few weeks ago, I was like, "WOW!" Miley has really grown up since the beginning of Hannah Montana.

    I will def have to look into that book. It looks like a good read. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to be honest. Never listened to it. Thankfully, it doesn't come up on my phone.

    This week. My favorite book would be.... Twenty Boy Summer. It was a pretty good book. Although sad :(

    And song... What do you want from me? ~ Adam Lambert (I think that is how you spell his name.)

    Hawk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I hopped over from you comment on Bewitched Bookworms. I really like your blog and I'm fascinated by the fact that you read in a closet! That's a story right there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen!

    I gave you a blog award! Go check out my latest post to see it! Hope you like it!

    Oh, and I do love The Morganville Vampires series, it's YA but it's creepy, isn't it?

    VampAngel
    VampAngel's Reviews: To Read or Not To Read It? That is The Question

    ReplyDelete
  5. @One Pushy Fox - its true, i read in the closet and sometimes I even blog from the closet. Thank heaven for the invention of the laptop. The closet has seriously grown on me.:D I know, horrid huh?

    @VampAngel - You are wonderful you know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great feature! I also find myself going through phases and changing my mind about books, songs, etc.

    My favorites this week... Changeless, by Gail Carriger, and "Sirens," from Jane Eyre: The Musical.

    Thanks for the blog hop visit! :)

    - Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails