Saturday, July 17, 2010

Today's Answer In the Closet (No.3)

Today's Answer in the Closet is based upon the meme from Khadija over at Black Fingernailed Reviews. I've decided that since I am constantly being asked what my favorite book is or what my favorite song is and I can never actually tell anyone because it's always changing that this meme would be a good idea. I will do it weekly and my answer will depend on how I feel that week. My hopes in doing this will be to let my followers get a glimpse of my off-the-wall self and hopefully finally answer those 2 looming questions always posed to me. :D Here we go!

My Favorite Book This Week Is:
Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires No.6) by Rachel Caine

From the author of the popular Weather Warden series comes the debut of an exciting new series set in Morganville, Texas, where you would be well advised to avoid being out after dark.

In the small college town of Morganville, vampires and humans lived in (relative) peace-until all the rules got rewritten when the evil vampire Bishop arrived, looking for the lost book of vampire secrets. He's kept a death grip on the town ever since. Now an underground resistance is brewing, and in order to contain it, Bishop must go to even greater lengths. He vows to obliterate the town and all its inhabitants-the living and the undead. Claire Danvers and her friends are the only ones who stand in his way. But even if they defeat Bishop, will the vampires ever be content to go back to the old rules, after having such a taste of power? (synopsis from Goodreads.com)

So as you all know from my review this week, I've been slightly obsessed with The Morganville Vampire series. I just can't seem to get it out of my head...not that I really want to. Book number six, as you can see above, is my favorite in the series. Rachel Caine is such a wonderful author in the way she brings her characters to life. I'm just so addicted to this series I want to reread it now instead of later. Guess I'm going to have to buy it first though as I returned the copies I had to the library already.

Until then, at least I can imagine Shane, the delicious specimen of man flesh. He really does deserve to be licked from head to toe. I mean, my goodness, I would be more than happy to rip his close off and --*clears throat* . --Sorry, my mind has run away again.

My Favorite Song for This Week Is:
Life After You by Daughtry

Isn't Chris Daughtry looking quite yummy??!!!

I know my tastes are so extreme in the sense that you couldn't really settle on a specific genre. I go from Eminem to Miley Cyrus to Daughtry. What can I say, music is so awesome and stress relieving. The words and the melody can just drag you along with it and make you feel so many emotions.

Whats your favorite book and song of the week?

Jen the Bibliophile

As promised, here are a couple pics of me in the closet. I will have you know it is not easy to take pictures of yourself in a closet, so these will have to do. :D
So here is my actual closet with no one in it. Yes, that giant pile of laundry are my girls clothes that will not fit in the dresser. They are all hand-me-downs from my sisters kids. Someday I'll be able to fit everything into a dresser, but not today.
And this is me. Yes, I am headless. But, you had to expect that right?! The white basket (on the right) is the laundry basket and the white mass on the left that goes from ceiling to floor are actually shelves. The boxes stacked on the right are all my old client files. I usually read propped up against that dresser in the back of the closet. (This shot was taken from just outside the door of the closet.

3 comments:

  1. Headless! Wow. I'd say that is how I like my Johnny Depp movies...

    You should of let the girls take some pictures :) that would of took up some of the day :)

    It looks like a tight fit but you are making it work. (time for more space!)

    Twisted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twisted, if my girlies took it you prolly would have only seen my feet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corpe Corpus is my favorite Morganville book :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails