Saturday, July 24, 2010

Today's Answer In the Closet (No.4)

Today's Answer in the Closet is based upon the meme from Khadija over at Black Fingernailed Reviews. I've decided that since I am constantly being asked what my favorite book is or what my favorite song is and I can never actually tell anyone because it's always changing that this meme would be a good idea. I will do it weekly and my answer will depend on how I feel that week. My hopes in doing this will be to let my followers get a glimpse of my off-the-wall self and hopefully finally answer those 2 looming questions always posed to me. :D Here we go!

My Favorite Book This Week Is:
Twice Bitten (The Chicagoland Vampires No.3) by Chloe Neill

Merit, Chicago’s newest vampire, is learning how to play well with others. Other supernaturals, that is. Shapeshifters from across the country are convening in the Windy City, and as a gesture of peace, Master Vampire Ethan Sullivan has offered their leader a very special bodyguard: Merit. Merit is supposed to protect the Alpha, Gabriel Keene—and to spy for the vamps while she’s at it. Oh, and luckily Ethan’s offering some steamy, one-on-one combat training sessions to help her prepare for the mission.

Merit must accept the assignment, even though she knows that she’ll probably regret it. And she’s not wrong. Someone is gunning for Gabriel Keene, and Merit soon finds herself in the line of fire. She’ll need all the help she can get to track down the would-be assassin, but everywhere she turns, there are rising tensions between supernaturals—not least between her and a certain green-eyed, centuries old master vampire. (synopsis from Goodreads.com)


The first time I saw this series, It was on another book blog, so I added the 1st book to my TBR. Then, I saw it again several other places including in an interview with Chloe Neill herself on Bewitched Bookworms. After that, I had to pick it up from the library. Especially since I'm on a huge vamp kick right now.

All I can say is that it was absolutely fabulous!!! I mean, it was so unbelievably delicious that I downed the whole series in 2 and a half days. The third in the series is my favorite and such an amazing read. I am however a little depressed over the fact that the 4th in the series will not be out til next year. Who knows what I will do til then, but I have a feeling I'll be rereading this series to help me cope through the the next year.

My Favorite Song for This Week Is:
Whataya Want From Me by Adam Lambert

Adam Lambert is not really my fav as artists go, but his music just is so.... amazing.

I mean, it has this beat and meaning that just makes you want to belt it out. Like "what do you want" people. *screams lyrics* ..... It is really releasing some pent up energy I tell yah!

Whats your favorite book and song of the week?

Jen the Bibliophile


4 comments:

  1. Go with Adam! We all know I like that song. ;)

    I wish I could scream that quote to everyone some days!!!

    Happy Reading this weekend! I've got Hunger Games to finish!

    Twisted, only sometimes....

    literarydaydreams.blogspot.com
    Book Blog

    aworldofpersonality.blogspot.com
    Books & Travel & Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like this series, it's one of my absolute favorites. Love Merit. Love Ethan (though he makes it hard sometimes). Love it all:) I'm ready for book 4!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Twisted - its true, it is a wonderful song and I do scream out those lyrics...okay, so I scream them in my head, but at least I feel them. :D

    @ Jenny - I know, sometimes I didn't know what I was going to do with that man. Quite a bit of the time I wanted to hurt him, but sometimes he let himself shine through and I wanted to lick him up. Such an awesome series!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I love the song so much and your blog, but of course, you won an award from me!

    Head on over... you know where to go!

    Twisted

    literarydaydreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails