Saturday, July 31, 2010

Today's Answer In the Closet (No.5)

Today's Answer in the Closet is based upon the meme from Khadija over at Black Fingernailed Reviews. I've decided that since I am constantly being asked what my favorite book is or what my favorite song is and I can never actually tell anyone because it's always changing that this meme would be a good idea. I will do it weekly and my answer will depend on how I feel that week. My hopes in doing this will be to let my followers get a glimpse of my off-the-wall self and hopefully finally answer those 2 looming questions always posed to me. :D Here we go!

My Favorite Book This Week Is:
Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson No. 5) by Patricia Briggs

When mechanic and shapeshifter Mercy Thompson attempts to return a powerful Fae book she'd previously borrowed in an act of desperation, she finds the bookstore locked up and closed down. It seems the book contains secret knowledge-and the Fae will do just about anything to keep it out of the wrong hands. And if that doesn't take enough of Mercy's attention, her friend Samuel is struggling with his wolf side-leaving Mercy to cover for him, lest his own father declare Sam's life forfeit. All in all, Mercy has had better days. And if she isn't careful, she might not have many more to live...(from Goodreads.com)


So one of my friends from Goodreads highly recommended that I read Patricia Briggs novels. So, I decided to pick up the Mercy Thompson Series. It's about a woman who is half Native American and is also a walker. It's kind of like a shape shifter, but not as extreme. This book is currently the last in the series although the next will be published next year (YEAH!!!). All I can say was that this series was absolutely fantastic! I mean, there were super sexy werewolves and Mercy is a kick ass kind of female character. I really recommend this series if anyone is looking for some good fantasy.

My Favorite Song for This Week Is:
Secrets by One Republic

I have a high affection for all things One Republic. This is their latest song out and I absolutely love it. It has such an excellent sound and beat, it makes me want to get up and gyrate. Yes, I totally just said gyrate. :-D

Move it baby!

Whats your favorite book and song of the week?

Jen the Bibliophile


3 comments:

  1. Awesome! :) I'm not a big fan of one republic but i do really like this song :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. fave song, I am loving Muse's Revolution, book, hmmmm would you believe it if I told you that I don't have one for this week even though I just finished one and loved it?

    Paula
    Tomes Devotee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've heard that song yet. I can't press play on this phone but it is just not ringing any bells. This weeks book... Breaking Dawn :)

    Twisted

    aworldofpersonality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails