Friday, August 20, 2010

Today's Answer in the Closet (No. 7)

Today's Answer in the Closet is based upon the meme from Khadija over at Black Fingernailed Reviews. I've decided that since I am constantly being asked what my favorite book is or what my favorite song is and I can never actually tell anyone because it's always changing that this meme would be a good idea. I will do it weekly and my answer will depend on how I feel that week. My hopes in doing this will be to let my followers get a glimpse of my off-the-wall self and hopefully finally answer those 2 looming questions always posed to me. :D Here we go!

My Favorite Book This Week Is (couldn't even pick between these 2):
(1) Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse No.4) by Charlaine Harris

When cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse sees a naked man on the side of the road, she doesn't just drive on by. Turns out the poor thing hasn't a clue who he is, but Sookie does. It's Eric the vampire--but now he's a kinder, gentler Eric. And a scared Eric, because whoever took his memory now wants his life.(from goodreads.com)





(2) Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse No.9) by Charlaine Harris

Except for Sookie Stackhouse, folks in Bon Temps, Louisiana, know little about vamps-and nothing about weres.

Until now. The weres and shifters have finally decided to reveal their existence to the ordinary world. At first all goes well. Then the mutilated body of a were-panther is found near the bar where Sookie works-and she feels compelled to discover who, human or otherwise, did it.

But there's a far greater danger threatening Bon Temps. A race of unhuman beings-older, more powerful, and more secretive than vampires or werewolves-is preparing for war. And Sookie finds herself an all-too human pawn in their battle. (from goodreads.com)



Okay, so I have been dying to read this series for sometime. Especially with all the hupla about it on HBO and all the die hard True Blood fans and such. Actually, my want stemmed before that. One of my baby sister's really good friends bought the series and lent them to my sister. Well, my sister has had them for probably over a year and never got past book 3 so I was like, I need vamps, so I'm going to steal borrow them. So, I read the whole series in about 11 days. I wasn't such a fan of the first 2.5 books. Yes, 2.5. I didn't think the series started to get good til the middle of book 3. Then book 4 came along and GRRRR....Eric came a whole lot more into the picture. Now, as I've been conversing with my blogging buddies, I really do like Quinn, he just seamed sexy in his own way, but Eric has always had my heart... well, and if he wants to sink his teeth into me, I'm game!

I couldn't make my mind up between these 2 so I just put both. Those of you who have read the series, I don't know if you can tell me why I loved them. Take in mind I love Eric and I love when him a Sookie hook it up. So, anyone.... anyone.....?? :D I will tell you when I review the series next week, but til then its your best guess!

My Favorite Song for This Week Is:
Take it off by Kesha

So, there is something you must know about me.... I don't like Kesha. Most of her songs annoy the hell out of me and I usually always change the radio station when they come on. So this is really saying something that I absolutely love this song. I mean, I just want to get up a shake it. There isn't a music video for it yet, so you get to just listen to the song. I've spoken to my youngest sister and have decided to remove my hate for Kesha for this song only. She says I'm doing the right thing. :D So EVERYBODY TAKE IT OFF!!


Freaky huh?!!

Whats your favorite book and song of the week?

Jen the Bibliophile


2 comments:

  1. Kinda with you on the Kesha thing, so I tried the song, and ummmm...worked better for you than me. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally I'd be inclined to agree with you, because in all reality the lyrics to the song absolutely suck. I think really it's just the beat that really gets me moving.

    Kind of reminds me of that Lady Gaga song about Alejandro. The lyrics are horrific, but it almost has an Ace of Base sound. I really like the beat.

    I do not get where they come up with these lyrics. *shakes head* They are just dumb.

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails