Saturday, August 14, 2010

Today's Answer In the Closet (No.6)

Today's Answer in the Closet is based upon the meme from Khadija over at Black Fingernailed Reviews. I've decided that since I am constantly being asked what my favorite book is or what my favorite song is and I can never actually tell anyone because it's always changing that this meme would be a good idea. I will do it weekly and my answer will depend on how I feel that week. My hopes in doing this will be to let my followers get a glimpse of my off-the-wall self and hopefully finally answer those 2 looming questions always posed to me. :D Here we go!

My Favorite Book This Week Is:
Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy No.5) By Richelle Mead

Rose Hathaway knows it is forbidden to love another guardian. Her best friend, Lissa-the last Dragomir princess-must always come first. Unfortunately, when it comes to gorgeous Dimitri Belikov, some rules are meant to be broken...

But since making her first Strigoi kills, Rose hasn't been feeling right. Something dark has begun to grow in her mind, and ghostly shadows warn of a terrible evil drawing nearer to the Academy's iron gates. And now that Lissa and Rose's sworn enemy, Victor Dashkov, is on trial for his freedom, tensions in the Moroi world are higher than ever.

Lying to Lissa about Dimitri is one thing but suddenly there's way more than friendship at stake. The immortal undead are on the prowl, and they want vengeance for the lives that Rose has stolen. In a heart-stopping battle to rival her worst nightmare, Rose will have to choose between life, love, and the two people who matter most..but will her choice mean that only one can survive? (from goodreads.com)


Recently I had been in a bleak situation where I wasn't sure what to read next. Not that I don't have a huge TBR pile. It was more along the lines of wanting a particular genre and not having anything available on my TBR to fit the description... well, anything I really wanted to read that is. So, one of my friends on GR recommended I try Vampire Academy. I can say I had seen this series some time ago and wasn't intrigued, but the library had them all so I thought I would give them a chance. Might I say, WOW!! I mean, I would give the whole series 4 stars and say that I was beyond pleasantly surprised. Rose was one of the best female characters I've read in a long time and Dimitri.... lets just say, I wouldn't mind making out with that Russian. A 24 year old piece of YUMMY!


My Favorite Song for This Week Is:
Misery by Maroon 5

So I've always had an affection for all things Maroon 5. Their lead singer, Adam Levine, is quite delicious. And I don't know what it is about this music video, but man is he SUPER sexy!




Whats your favorite book and song of the week?

Jen the Bibliophile


1 comment:

  1. I would have to adjust my answer to favorites of the week as well. Mine also change regularly.

    My favorite book this week is Chrysalis: The Awakening by M.L. Lacy. I just reviewed it & I love it!

    The song would have to be "Broken Dreams" by Shaman's Harvest. Theme song for the yummy Scottish wrestler..

    BTW, I have an award for you on my blog: http://onebookshy.blogspot.com/2010/08/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Thanks,
    Jules

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails