Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost

Title: Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World No.2)
Author: Jeaniene Frost
Pages: 361
Published: July 27th, 2010
Rating: PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket(3.5)
Synopsis: An immortal war has been brewing in the darkness…and now one woman has stumbled into the shadows.

Chicago private investigator Kira Graceling should have just kept on walking. But her sense of duty refused to let her ignore the moans of pain coming from inside a warehouse just before dawn. Suddenly she finds herself in a world she’s only imagined in her worst nightmares.

At the center is Mencheres, a breathtaking Master Vampire who thought he’d seen it all. Then Kira appears—this fearless, beautiful…human who braved death to rescue him. Though he burns for her, keeping Kira in his world means risking her life, yet sending her away is unthinkable.

But with danger closing in, Mencheres must choose between the woman he craves, or embracing the darkest magic to defeat an enemy bent on his eternal destruction.


Photobucket
So for this particular "tome" I'm not going to do a review (for now anyway). I am actually participating in the book reading hosted by Paula over at Tome's Devotee. I'm a little behind on posting this, but it seems this is my catchup week. So, here are the questions for the group reading for Eternal Kiss of Darkness:
  1. Which character did you like the most and why? The least and why?
  2. If you could change something about the book what would it be and why?
  3. Name a favorite thing overall about the book. Your least favorite?
  4. A favorite quote?
  5. Describe what you liked or disliked about the writers style

My Answers:
*************
1. Which character did you like the most and why? The least and why?
Character I liked the most... I would say Kira because she was a powerful female in her own right. I don't so much like the wimpy weak females who are prone to crying. Which isn't really fair of me because I cry too much. :D My least...hmmm...I think I'd go with Radjedef, of course, being the bad guy (and not a very good villain at that), I pretty much hated him. I also think that Kira's brother sucked and deserved to be punched in the head. Coming from a family of people who've walked the same path, maybe being punched in the head isn't a strong enough sentiment.

2. If you could change something about the book what would it be and why?
I keep thinking this particular one through and I think my answer would be to first change the ending. The book just suddenly ends. I wish there would have been more at the end with Mencheres and Kira instead of all of the sudden dropping off after that final scene. I think I also would have gone into more of why Mencheres and Kira have a thing for each other. It felt like their love just happened because the story said it did. Really, that doesn't bother me all that much, but Frost spent so long saying that it was so odd that I began to think so. Don't get me wrong though, I still fully enjoyed all of their scenes together! *wipes sweat from forehead*

I also would have added more of Vlad. I really do love that guy! Well, I love him in these books, the actual Vladamir Tepes was an evil beheading murder. But in these books, I'd like to think of him as a hunk of hotness, metaphorically and literally speaking! :D

3. Name a favorite thing overall about the book. Your least favorite?
Favorite thing overall...I really did have a love and affection for Kira. She was a strong female character who wasn't prone to crying and whining and I definitely appreciated that. My least favorite... I guess would be everyone assuming she was as bad as Patra. I don't usually think people born in this day and age are as bad as a 3,000 year old vampire, but that is just me.

4. A favorite quote?
(Kira)..."Dead or not, you must be bored with women telling you how you look like the hottest, most exotic wet dream they've ever had. No wonder the thought of you, grapes, and some scented massage oils crossed my mind--and if you drop that towel again, I'm going to need a cold shower."

&

(Kira)"Don't worry. I think Mount Everest is gorgeous, too, but that doesn't mean I have any intention of trying to climb it."

5. Describe what you liked or disliked about the writers style
.
I always have a love and affection for Frost's love scenes and the vampires' methods of seduction. I absolutely loved that Mencheres was naked most of the time, it cracked me up because it didn't bother him that much. Crafty vamp! (Although, it doesn't measure up to Spade's shower seduction scene in Last Drop of Crimson!!!)

Dislikes... sometimes I think Frost jumps into some things too quickly without enough development. BUT, I take it in stride because all I'm really expecting from these books is entertainment and steamy love. I always get just that so thank you Frost!!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Those were very funny quotes!! And yes Radj was a crappy bad guy. I like a bad guy that makes you crap your pants. Her brother was such a loser!

    Spades shower scene, mama mia!

    Paula
    Tomes Devotee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, a read along! Those are fun. I enjoy reading w other people and discussing. Assigned pages also keep me reading when I'm drained of all energy.

    Black Disaster Fairy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails