Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Qestions & Answers from Maggie Stiefvater










I think all of you, dear bloggers, are aware of my love for Maggie Stiefvater's work. I've read all 4 of her published novels (and reviewed them for that matter) and enjoyed them wholeheartedly. Well, a little bit ago I had a book war with my friend Lyss over on our group blog, For the Love of Reading, for Shiver. Well, I'd sent some questions to Maggie that I was curious about and hadn't heard back from her. I figured she was super busy and probably just didn't have time.

However, yesterday I was so SO excited to see that I had an email from her. So if you would like to check out her answers to my 3 questions, scroll down and keep a readin'! Thanks Maggie!!

Photobucket
Q&A:

Me: Did you have any word about the cover art for any of your novels, e.i. Lament, Ballad, Shiver, Linger, Forever

Maggie: The cover I had the most say in was Ballad's; it was based off a concept I came up with when Flux decided to change the look of the series. More than anything I wanted to evoke the idea that PEOPLE PROBABLY GET BURNED ALIVE IN THIS BOOK. Everything else was secondary. The others, I have gotten the right of Wigging Out on. In other words, the publisher came up with the cover, showed it to me, and if I wigged out, they would consider changing it.

Me: Do you have any new major writing projects coming up that we should watch out for (other than the Shiver series)?

Maggie: Oh yes indeedy. I have a standalone paranormal YA involving blood, beaches, and kissing. It will be coming out not too long after FOREVER.

Me: Where is your favorite travel spot and why?

Maggie: Apparently I keep visiting cliffs these days. But my favorite destinations invariably involve rocks, raining, and preferably anything you could describe as "moors."

Thanks again Maggie for taking the time to answer my questions! You really are a wonderful author and it was so fabulous to hear from you! :D

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Hey there! How awesome to score a Q-n-A with her!

    Paula
    Tomes Devotee

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Paula - I know! I do love Maggie Stiefvater (platonic-ly speaking that is)! She is such a fabulous author and her blog posts crack me up on a regular basis. I wish more authors made time for their readers like she does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie Stiefvater is my favorite author and this interview, though short, was definitely informative. And I agree about her funny blog posts. I read her blog religiously. I am dying to learn more about the super secret standalone novel!

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails