Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'm Back! *Woo Hoo!!*

Alright, so I'm finally back in the country. Yeah! Not that I have anything against any other country, it's just good to be home for so many reasons (most of which my family and friends know the answers to *shhhh*).

So, here is my picture montage of my trip. And know, that I suck at taking pictures. That wasn't always the case, but it is as of late. But nonetheless, here I am:

This was the view off of the balcony of our condo. And yes, before you ask, I have real estate in a foreign country, but not in this one. That on the very top of the hill is the castle of Gjirokaster. I think. It's been a couple years since I've actually visited it, but it is the only castle in the city so....
Here I am (yes whole face and all) at what Hubby calls the riviera. It was this city on the coast by the Union Sea which I have forgotten the name of. We stopped and had fresh fish. And when I say fresh, I mean F.R.E.S.H.! Like we ordered 2 fish and I watched some guy jump in a boat and catch them, bring them into the kitchen and 15 min later there they sat in front of me. *big grin* It was pretty cool. (Also, please forgive the photo cause I took it myself. Hubby refused)

This is the same view minus me. That is the Union Sea and that roof below belongs to the restaurant we ate at. They had some super bomb feta cheese. But then again, most restaurants there do.

This is also the Union Sea, but from the road. I really like this pic. It's book worthy, I can see the story in my head (and one day I'll actually finish it.)


Also the Union Sea from the road.


And here are my girls a little bit after my 2 year old (in the pink on the left) threw up all over herself and the car. I actually fashioned my neck scarf into a dress and added her jacket. Then used wet wipes to clean everything. It totally sucked, but I felt bad for her. Motion sickness is horrible. But now I know that she takes after me in that department.

On the way home from Albania, we missed our flight in Munich and ended up spending the night. It was interesting because the Germans had to issue Hubby a 2 day visa so he could leave the airport and then Lufthansa put us up in the Sheraton and paid for our food. Then we left the next day for the states and on the last flight, my 2 year old cried for like half the flight. It sucked! But, I'm home and ready for the holidays. Woo Hoo, *does happy dance*.

That is the end of my pictures as I didn't take that many more. Yeah, I suck, but I didn't do much more than that. Although, I did bring home some pretty delicious chocolate home with me. Mmmmmm, yummy! So now you know why I had so much time for book reviews.

So, there is my trip in a nutshell (minus the dishes and mop bucket which yes I was usually using).


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. You're back, and I'm SO glad! It looks so pretty where you were! Oh, and for the record, your daughters are bloody adorable!

    Be sure to drop by and enter my international blogoversary giveaway going on now, too! :)

    http://tinyurl.com/2faa8j3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jen! You took great pictures. It looks so beautiful there, I bet you all had a great time, minus the motion sickness. :(
    Glad your back home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, simply wonderful. The pictures of the sea to add a bit of wonder and I'm sure your story will be wonderful. :)

    Your girls are darling. Even with bodily nast on them. Ewe. But I've had to deal with that a many times with my boys. *whispers to self* Thank goodness they are older now!

    Lovely pictures and happy to have you back. Hugs and many and plenty!

    Mad Scientist
    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really beautiful there! I'm kind of jealous! :) I'm having this travel itch that needs to be scratched, but I have no money to provide my travel itch. :(

    And really... International chocolate always tastes so much better than a Hershey's bar. I would go to somewhere like the UK or Switzerland just to buy chocolate. <<

    ANYWHOO. It's great to have you back! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pleasant day to you,

    I hope you have an extremely wonderful and thankful day no matter how you spend it.

    Please do stop by anytime for a spot of tea & currently I have a giveaway as well and sign up for a new 2011 reading challenge if you find it worthy.

    Happy Turkey Day,
    Mad Scientist
    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're back, Jen! Am sure that you had a fabulous time in Albania. Iw ould actually like to visit one day.

    Anyway, awesome pic montage! It looks like you enjoyed yourself. Pass on my sympathy for your two-year-old. I know that must have been terrible (for the both of you).

    Anyway again, happy reading my dear bibliophile!
    ~Zakiya

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails