Monday, November 29, 2010

Tracking the Tempest (Jane True No.2) by Nicole Peeler - A Book Review

Title: Tracking the Tempest (Jane True No.2)
Author
: Nicole Peeler
Pages
: 320
Published
: July 1st, 2010 by Orbit
Read
: October 20th, 2010
Synopsis: Valentine's Day is fast approaching, and Ryu - Jane's bloodsucking boyfriend - can't let a major holiday go by without getting all gratuitous. An overwhelming dose of boyfriend interference and a last-minute ticket to Boston later, and Jane's life is thrown off course.

Ryu's well-intentioned plans create mayhem, and Jane winds up embroiled in an investigation involving a spree of gruesome killings. All the evidence points towards another Halfling, much to Jane's surprise...

So I actually read this book back in October, and I was going to post it just after I posted the 1st book's review (which you can read HERE), but alas my plans went awry.


So, here I am a couple months later finally getting it up and posted.


I don't know how many of you have read this series, but it freaking rocks!!! Nicole Peeler, what a brilliant author. And man, there were times I'd be reading and seriously I would just crack up from this book. I thought it was even better than the first, and that is saying something.


Our dear Jane True really brings it in this second book, Tempest Rising. In the first book, she had spent so much of her life feeling like she was just wasn't worth much, that it was nice to see her turn the bend and get on her feet. I always love a heroin who doesn't take crap from anyone, including men. And let me just say that ultimatums are for the vampires! I would say dogs, since that is the normal saying, but I LOVE me some barghest so vampires it is!


I know, I know, I'm confusing to all. Let me try to explain.


This book starts off with our dearest Jane and her boyfriend/sex toy Ryu...the vampire...need I say more. Well, as you all know from reading my review of book one (again, HERE) that I've never been the hugest fan of Ryu. I mean, he just seems so....ummm...self involved (selfish?). I've never been really into that persona, or the persona of "things" making a person look cool. You know, like the sexy Porsche or the granite counter tops or the unused blender...huh?


I've always loved a man who makes himself cool...or rather H.O.T.!! LOL, yeah, I'm a nerd. Still, that is what my boy Anyan, the freaking smexy, sex on a stick, lickable barghest has going for him. He's a whiz in the kitchen and can bring it when he needs to. Now, I won't tell you where I think the whole story is going, cause what would the fun be in that? Nonetheless, I will say:


I LOVE Jane


I don't so much like Ryu


I LOVE Anyan


I definitely LOVE Iris (the succubus *big grin*)


Now, all that being said. This book has amazing twists and turns that will have you holding onto the sofa with a kung fu grip. The writing is wonderful and funny and will make you never want to put the glorious book down. I mean, come one, with crazy bipolar men on fire, motorcycle riding dogs, adorable brownies, homicidal ifrits and a don't-you-think-you-can-talk-to-me-like-that ending, you will never want to part with this book. I simply cannot wait for the third in the series Tempest's Legacy!

Rating: 5/5 PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Quotes:

"...But I don't want you to be afraid to take risks. If it's worth it...If the person in his eyes is the person you want to be, the person you know you could be...then don't be scared..."

"Can I have this?" Iris asked in her honeydew voice, holding up one of the novels I'd brought her so that Amy could see the cover.
"Sorry, hot man is all out at the moment. We have some corpulent taxi driver and a slice of crazy cat-lady left, but we ran out of hot man hours ago."


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Just thought I would comment and say great theme, did you code it for yourself? Really looks excellent!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anon - Thank you! I didn't do the header part, but a lot of it I did. Most of the code was from Lorelei and I picked it up on a site. I did a lot of the little things. Thanks a ton though, makes me feel good someone noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a Newbie, I am always searching online for articles that can help me. Thank you Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails