Thursday, December 2, 2010

Book Blogger Hop & Friday Follow(December 3-5)

Friday is finally here!

Book Blogger Hop

My answer to this weeks blog hop is:

"What very popular and hyped book in the blogosphere did you NOT enjoy and how did you feel about posting your review?"

I don't know if I would have called it popular for the reason that everyone had read it and loved it, but for this one I would say Halo by Alexandra Adornetto. It was all over the blogosphere for being the next big book. The cover was great and everyone wanted to read it. Needless to say, it was horrible. I don't post that many super negative reviews, so it was a little different for me. But I wanted my readers to know my true feelings about it. (My review is HERE). I thought I might offend some people, but it turns out that I actually got more comments from that post with agreements than a lot of my other posts.


What's your answer? Happy Hopping!




My answer to this weeks blog hop is:

What do you do besides reading / reviewing as a hobby??

Goodness me, sad to say that I have to think about this. I mean, I read most of the time. That is when I’m not working and taking care of the kiddos. So, I guess you could say I write fiction and I blog. Wow Jen, that is really sad. *shrugs shoulders* Oh well, guess that’s all I really have as far as hobbies go.

*big grin*


What's your answer? Happy Friday Follow!


17 comments:

  1. You aren't the firs person I have heard that has a negative review of Halo. I have yet to read it, and the more I hear about it the less likely I am to get around to it! I just read a couple of your reviews and loved them. I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I see Halo is getting slammed a lot on this book blogger hop question today :S I honestly thought it was okay, but not all that awesome :)

    Following you for FF :D

    http://miss-check-out.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I hate writing negative reviews, but while most people loved The Lonely Hearts Club, I hated it. I thought it was super obnoxious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about Halo. I thought it was going to be a great book. It is such a shame. I'll be giving it a miss now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Halo, but I've also kind of been avoiding a lot of the hyped YA--none of it is living up to my expectations nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that's a book I wanted to read! :\ I guess I'll have to read it and see if I like it any different.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Halo definitely wasn't as *great* as I was expecting it to be, but I still liked it (I think it was Gabriel's character that drew me in, ha!) Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! A question pertaining something other than books! Here's the
    short list of what I'm doing when I'm not reading:

    Cooking, gaming, gambling, drinking, smoking, golfing and sometimes even
    watching TV.

    I expound on all of the above at my blog. Follow me here -
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I write negative reviews at times, but try to soften the blow with at least one or two nice things. :) Hey...everyone can't like EVERY book, right? :)

    Stopping by from the hop.......Happy Hopping.

    Stop by my blog to see my answer to what book I thought wasn't worth all the hype.

    silversolara AT gmail DOT com

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read Halo yet, but plan on it. I'm one of those curious people who read books others didn't like to see for myself. I'm a new follower! My hop is at Coffee Table Press

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your header --- so jazzy! :) I saw a lot about Halo on blogs and just added it to the TBR list, thinking I'd get to it eventually. Will definitely get it from a library, though (that way, if I don't like it, I can just return it -- no$$) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, New follower, loved your about me blurb, you couldn't fit a person in our apt closet. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi There! I'm a new follower! Looks like you will be joining the "not too impressed by Halo" club. As I wander through the hop I've found lots of people in that club:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your holiday theme background, it's so pretty! I like that you post reviews even if they are negative- the truth is always best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a new follower, thanks to The Mad Scientist. cool blog. Hope you will come check out my 21 Day Blogoversary & Birthday Bash

    EatingYABooks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mad Scientist sent me here ! I'm daydreaming when i'm not reading :))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool blog =) I have to hide from my husband to sometimes. He hates how much I read but its so relaxing. I stopped by to say hi and that The Mad Scientist sent me your way for his contest =)That's a really cool blog also. Steampunk is new to me but man "Vampire Empire" was a great read so now I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails