Thursday, December 23, 2010

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy No.6) by Richelle Mead - A Book Review

Title: Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy No.6)
Author: Richelle Mead
Pages: 594
Published: December 6th, 2010
Read: December 18th, 2010
Synopsis: She broke the law when she ran away from St. Vladimir’s Academy with her best friend and last surviving Dragomir Princess, Lissa. She broke the law when she fell in love with her gorgeous, off-limits instructor, Dimitri. And she dared to defy Queen Tatiana, leader of the Moroi world, risking her life and reputation to protect generations of dhampir guardian to come.

Now the law has finally caught up with Rose- for a crime she didn’t even commit. She’s in prison for the highest offense imaginable: the assassination of a monarch. She’ll need help from both Dimitri and Adrian to find the one living person who can stall her execution and force the Moroi elite to acknowledge a shocking new candidate for the royal throne: Vasilisa Dragomir.

But the clock on Rose’s life is running out. Rose knows in her heart the world of the dead wants her back… and this time she is truly out of second chances. The big question is, when your life is about saving others, who will save you?


This review is going to be short and sweet, because one, what can I say that hasn't already been said, and two, those who've read the series, know it's yumminess. (If not, you can read my description by checking out my series review HERE)

This book was amazing. I absolutely love Richelle Mead and her writing and how she can take me into a story and show me it's goodness. I was in a kind of reading slump just before I picked up this book. I think it's because all the books I was reading were kind of boring me for some reason. But, then I picked up this book, this book that I had been waiting for forever. And, like that, I was whipped into a world where things are so much different than this one, but I could feel the difference, like I was there with all the characters.

I love Rose, she is such an amazing and brilliant character. I love her strengths and her weaknesses and I love how they showed so strongly in this last of the series. I love how she says what she thinks and can keep up with the best of them, no matter what.

Dimitri. Gosh, what could I say about Dimitri other than he is drop dead sexy and I would follow him wherever he wanted me to go. Preferably half dressed, but I'd take him in his duster too.

Adrian was still delicious and his sarcasm and wit never cease to make me laugh and lick my lips a bit.

This book was full of twists and turns and happiness and remorse. I came close to tears a couple times too. I was especially sad after I finished the book because I didn't want it to be over. I just love Rose as a main character so much, telling the story and sharing what she thinks. I love seeing her physical strengths and how she never lets anyone push her aside. She is who she is and she rocks. I will miss her most of all. So, if you are looking for a series that will rock your world and take you on a roller coaster ride of emotions with love triangles, things blowing up, evil vampires that enjoy the hunt and some scenes that had me sweating, you'll want to pick up this book. If you haven't read this series yet, what on Earth are you waiting for? Go, run, buy it, because Richelle Mead rocks!

Rating: 5/5 1 Small Red Hibiscus1 Small Red Hibiscus1 Small Red Hibiscus1 Small Red Hibiscus1 Small Red Hibiscus

Everyone be on the look out for my future post for a giveaway of this book SIGNED! It will be posting soon and it will be international, so keep coming back so you can enter and here the story behind the signature.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. *sigh* Every time I think of Last Sacrifice, I get sad. Because, like you, I'm going to miss Rose's perspective. Over the course of the series, she became somewhat of a friend to me. I loved watching her grow and mature into the person she is. I'm going to miss her snark and stubbornness. I mean, sure, there's another spin-off series, but it won't be in Rose's perspective. :(

    Anywho, I totally agree with everything you said. :P Also, I seriously hope the spin-off has something to do with Adrian because dear god, that boy needs some love. :/

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails