Friday, December 31, 2010

My Year in Books - 2010 (It's Insanity!! *mwah ha ha*)

Okay readers, I thought it would be fun to do an end of year post to see where I stand with all my stats with books read and other "stuff".

So, here it goes *dun dun dun dun*





Books I Reread this Year:
  1. Soulless (Parasol Protectorate Series No.1) by Gail Carriger,
  2. Changeless (Parasol Protectorate Series No.2) by Gail Carriger,
  3. Moon Called (Mercy Thompson No.1) by Patricia Briggs
  4. Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson No.2) by Patricia Briggs
  5. Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson No.3) by Patricia Briggs
  6. Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson No.4) by Patricia Briggs
  7. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
  8. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter No.7) by J.K. Rowling
  9. City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments No.1) by Cassandra Clare
  10. City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments No.2) by Cassandra Clare
  11. City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments No.3) by Cassandra Clare
  12. A Countess Below Stairs by Eva Ibotson

Favorite Series Found and Read this Year:
  1. Jane True by Nicole Peeler
  2. Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs
  3. The Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill
  4. Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine
  5. Weather Warden by Rachel Caine
  6. Sookie Stackhouse by Charlaine Harris
  7. Georgina Kincaid by Richelle Mead
  8. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Favorite Fictional Boyfriend this Year:
(I have 2)

  1. David from the Weather Warden Series
  2. Anyan from the Jane True Series






Books I was Most Excited for This Year:

  1. Mockingjay (Hunger Games No.3) by Suzanne collins
  2. Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls No.2) by Maggie Steifvater
  3. Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices No.1) by Cassandra Clare
  4. Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy No.6) by Richelle Mead
  5. Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven No.5) by Brandon Mull

Favorite Book Cover:
Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves
I have a complete unadulterated obsession with the color purple. And although I only gave this book 3 flowers, I truly loved the cover. It's why I bought it...that and the synopsis.









Best Book from a Debut Author I Read This Year:
(It's a throw up for me between)
  1. Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy No.1) by Kiersten White
  2. Firelight (Firelight No.1) by Sophie Jordan





Book I Was Most Surprised by (and Loved)
:
  1. The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer No.1) by Jenny Han
Best Adult Book I Read This Year: (Couldn't pick just one, so I'd say)
  1. Tempest's Legacy (Jane True No.3) by Nicole Peeler
  2. Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson No.5) by Patricia Briggs

Best YA Book(s) I Read This Year:
  1. Firelight (Firelight No.1) by Sophie Jordan
  2. Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy No.1) by Kiersten White
  3. Carpe Corpus (Morganville Vampires no. 6) by Rachel Caine
  4. Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy No.6) by Richelle Mead

Worst Book I Read This Year: Halo by Alexandra Adornetto

Today's Favorite Song: Grenade by Bruno Mars


This Years Favorite Book Blogs:
(I have a lot, so I couldn't list them all. If you aren't listed here, it's not because I don't love you too! XOXOXO)

Book Love
Frazzled Book Nommer
I Swim For Oceans
Fluidity of Time
Mad Steampunkery
Books Are Like People
Butterfly Feet Walking on Books
Lu's Bloody Big Book Blog

Currently Reading (as of today):
  1. Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson No.5) by Patricia Briggs
  2. The Kiss Test by Shannon McKeldon
  3. Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane
If you want to view any more of my books/stats, you can look me up on my
JEN THE BOOKKEEPER'S (BIBLIOPHILE) GOODREADS.COM PROFILE

That kind of ties up the year for me. I may add more later, but for now, I'd like to wish everyone a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!! May it be fun and the books be amazing!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Wow... You read SO MUCH!!! And how do you keep track of all of your pages?? I really, really need to read Paranormalcy. Sometimes I look at all of the books I haven't read and think, "What am I doing??" There's always next year :) Plus, I am so freaking honored to be on your list of favorite book blogs!!!! In case you haven't noticed, I love In the Closet with a Bibliophile!!!!

    Happy New Year to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a read a lot that I want to read and hope to read this year.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am so excited to do the morbid challenge too. Do you know if she wants reviews wit what we read?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting list Jen!! N hey about the Iron Fey series, I read the first book and it was interesting!! I'll read the 2nd and 3rd soon. Give it a try and u'll love it!!

    CJ @ Coffee N Crackers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jen I like the way you did this post. congrats on the 142 books (maybe the hubby is right, just kidding) I love Firelight and see it is one of your favs can't wait for the next book in that series. I also haven't yet read Souless (a reread for you, but I got Christmas money hehe)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you had a hugely successful reading year! I thoroughly enjoyed Paranormalcy and Firelight as well, and I'm loving the Morganville Vampire books I've read so far! Can't wait to see what you think of Unholy Ghosts, I love Chess and Terrible something fierce:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! I really love Last Sacricice too .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy moley, you read a LOT of books this year! I've heard a lot of good things about the Parasol Protectorate series. I think I'm just going to have to pick it up now! ;) I'm also happy to have found VA this year... but I still haven't jumped on the Sookie/Morganville bandwagon. *ducks before you can throw things at me* It'll happen! :p

    I love all the "Best YA Books" you've read - besides the Morganville one since I obviously haven't read it. xD I adooooored Paranormalcy! Probably one of my absolute favorites, too. :)

    And yaaay, I love listening to Grenade. :D

    Awww, I almost freaked out when I saw my blog on your list! :D I'm so happy that you think my blog is interesting enough to keep coming back to! xD I absolutely love yours, and months later, I STILL giggle when I think about your blog title. :P

    Okay wow, spazzy, all-over-the-place comment. xD Enjoy~ Haha. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails