Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday - WoW

It's Wednesday, and we all know what time it is...time to wait. Okay, well, it's Waiting on Wednesday hosted by Breaking the Spine. We all get to share the titles we are most excited for in an effort to spread the word. So, my picks this week for WoW are:
Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires No.4) Chloe Neill Release Date: May 3rd, 2011
Times are hard for newly minted vampire Merit. Ever since shapeshifters announced their presence to the world, humans have been rallying against supernaturals--and they're camping outside of Cadogan House with protest signs that could turn to pitchforks at any moment. Inside its doors, things between Merit and her Master, green-eyed heartbreaker Ethan Sullivan are ... tense. But then the mayor of Chicago calls Merit and Ethan to a clandestine meeting and tells them about a violent vamp attack that has left three women missing. His message is simple: get your House in order. Or else.

Merit needs to get to the bottom of this crime, but it doesn't help that she can't tell who's on her side. So she secretly calls in a favor from someone who's tall, dark, and part of underground vamp group that may have some deep intel on the attack. Merit soon finds herself in the heady, dark heart of Chicago's supernatural society--a world full of vampires who seem too ready to fulfill the protesting human's worst fears, and a place where she'll learn that you can't be a vampire without getting a little blood on your hands...(from goodreads.com)

I simply love this series. Merit is just so kick a$$ and the storyline and plot are awesome. There is no shortage of fight scenes and love scenes and total conflict. Plus, I can't figure out exactly how I feel about Ethan except I'd like to lick him. He is a very complex character and I love that about him. This book has been on my mind for so long now. I cannot wait!



Bite Club (Morganville Vampires No.10) Rachel Caine Release Date: April 2011

And I don't have a synopsis for this one or even a summary as it hasn't been posted on Rachel Caine's blog or on goodreads, but I love everything Morganville. So, I simply cannot wait to see what happens after that last scene from Ghost Town. *squee*!!!









What's your WoW pick for this week?

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. You picked the two series that I've yet to pick up. xD I've been meaning to get into the Morganville Vampires, but I'm a bit iffy to start it so I always put it off. x_o Hmm, maybe I should start soon? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to Knit a Heart Back Home
    By Rachael Herron
    Publication date: March 1, 2011

    Lucy Harrison sells books by day and volunteers with the Cypress Hollow fire department by night. Her life is just the way she likes it—full, even-keeled, and smooth—until bad-boy ex-cop Owen Bancroft comes back to town. Lucy has always been fearless, never scared about diving in to help others. When it comes to risking her heart, however, she realizes she's absolutely terrified.

    In a small town like Cypress Hollow, everyone knows your business—and there is nowhere to hide. Then Lucy and Owen are thrown together by the discovery of the lost work of local legend, knitting guru Eliza Carpenter. Now Owen, adrift and struggling to redefine himself as a civilian without a badge, will have to learn how to open himself up to life's new possibilities . . . while Lucy decides just how much of herself she's willing to gamble on love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard Bitten sounds like fun! So I'm guessing the series is good? =) I haven't heard of them before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read these books for so long hoping to catch up on both series before the books come out.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jen,
    I just love the holiday cheer you have going on your header!!! Makes me want to take out the nog. Great selection of reads. I've seen one I really would like to read by Rachel Caine. Thank you for always be so supportive of your fellow bloggers.
    See ya,
    Dana
    Readaholics Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol jen you really do love vampires! those books, especially the first, caught my interest.

    I totally know what you mean, Im sure one COFA comes out, I'll be like *squee* *hop hop hop* *faint* *squee* or something.
    Priscilla is really funny, I kept laughing all the time when I was reading her book

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!!! I love Merit and Ethan so much, I cannot wait for this book to come out! And I just got hooked on the Morganiville vamp series, I'm just starting book 4 and can't wait to get through all the others:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, both of these sound so so so good! Thanks for pointing them out to me! :D

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails