Friday, January 14, 2011

Book Blogger Hop (January 14-17) & Friday Follow

It's Friday again Ladies & Gents! I don't know about you, but I do love weekends for no other reason than they are weekends. Like they change somehow because they are titled differently.

Anyway, back on topic, Friday means 2 things, Blog Hop & Friday Follow.

Book Blogger Hop

This weeks question is:

Why do you read the genre that you do? Why are you drawn to it?

I prefer to read in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre. When I say that, I mean that to cover anything thus related, meaning PNR, UF, DF, Science Fiction (general), dystopian, etc... I think I also prefer if books have some kind of romantic sense to them. Not necessarily the whole book, but a bit at minimum.

Recently I've discovered that I prefer the story/plot of the book to be the main focus and the 2nd to be the romance.

I'm drawn to it because it's different, it's not normal. I live normal every day, I get enough of normal every day. I wish things were more abnormal so to speak. I've always wished magic was possible and that paranormal creatures existed. Yah yah, I'm 27, and I've possibly never fully grown up, but it's more fun to imagine crazy then real life. As I always tell people who ask, it's because life kinda bites most of the time and I read to escape all of that. What better way to escape than to read into what could be if anything was possible?!! The romance portion is because it's fun for me. Plus, I love seeing the relationship blossoming and progressing. It's one of the most fun things about love in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a sappy person in that respect, but it reminds me sometimes of the good in life.

(Sidenote: Although, I do throw in some contemporary fiction to throw off my genre every so often. I get bored with the same thing day in and day out on occasion, same thing with genre. But my bulk is fantasy)



This weeks question is:

What makes up your non-human family?

Sadly enough, only one cat (Lara - she is a pretty black and white with a black chin. She really does have green eyes too, just not AS bright as below. (we rescued her)). I did have a long haired Siamese cat, but he died recently. I would like more, but I live in a 2 bedroom apartment with the Hubby, our 2 kids and his brother. Not really conducive to animal housing.



How about you? What genre's are you into and who makes up your non-human family?

Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Here I am hopping on by...

    I went all over the map with this question on my blog. I read and enjoy almost every genre of fiction out there. There’s no way I could just pick one.

    So I talked about all of them. Even romance fiction (sort of)! I invite you to hop over to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and see for yourself.

    Howard A. Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm completely on board with your "escape" response. Fantasy is my best way to escape as well. I love modern/urban/paranormal fantasy too! I've still got my eyes peeled for any paranormal to slip and reveal themselves ;D And hey, if you're 27, that means at least another 3 years for me to stay imaginative!

    ~Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Happy Friday I'm just stopping by for Follow Friday and the hop. I can't believe its Friday already but I hope you have a fabulous weekend and get lots of reading done.

    Danielle
    Romance Book Junkies

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter has been asking for a kitten lately(she's 3) and I think it's because we have 2 dogs who 1. is too big for her to carry around and 2. is small and scared of her, haha.

    http://thereadinghousewives.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just hopping by! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    Reading Lark's Hop Post

    P.S. - I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Egads. Two bedroom apartment with hubby, two kids, and a brother-in-law. No wonder you read in the closet. Sorry to hear about the death of your cat. We do end up investing a lot of love in our pets.

    -Anne
    Headfullofbooks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just stopping by to say hi as a new follower after seeing you featured on Melissa's Friday Fix :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through. It's so fun to read about people's pets! I have a dog and cat who I both love.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have two rescue kitties - my DSH, Jasper, my Bengal, Stella and a rescue Chow puppy, Cinna :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for stopping by our blog!! :) I'm just now starting to get into more of the Sci-fi stuff myself...So many options!

    Jasmine (The Reading Housewives)
    www.thereadinghousewives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm...genre? How 'bout authors? John Connolly, Rachel Caine, Jonathan Maberry, Rachel Caine, Jim Butcher, and the list goes on... Mainly I love fantasy/urban fantasy, sci-fi and suspense. As for non-human fam-we've got 1 dog, 4 cats, and 4 ferrets, plus 3 kids. It's a busy house, lol! I'm a new follower! Stop by and say hi if you get a chance! Giving away
    Rot & Ruin and Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry!
    Kristin
    MyBookishWays

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jen-Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Yep, you and I are on the same wavelength with authors...great minds, right? Nicole Peeler, Richelle Mead, Stacia Kane (love me some Trouble), Patricia Briggs , Cassandra Clare, Gail Carriger-you hit 'em all on the nose!!

    I have a wonderful interview with Jonathan Maberry (and giveaway), if you'd like to check it out!
    Have a great night!
    Kristin
    MyBookishWays

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi
    Just hopping by and following through. I'm 37 and still wish I could twitch my nose :) No need to grow out of it :)

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with you on the romance. I can read just about any genre if it has a little romance hidden in there somewhere. The whole book doesn't have to be romance, but I love a good relationship on the side lines.

    Thanks for stopping by Reading Lark.

    Tevya @ Reading Lark

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't been by the blogging world in forever but I saw this and I thought I'd answer the questions


    I generally read fantasy/sci-fi and I read it largely for the same reason you do. I read to escape from the every day and enjoy something new and different. The fantasy genre is a great place to do that.


    As far as my non-human family I have a big old chocolate lab named Mambo that I love very very much. Sadly I am probably going to have to give him up because I can't afford an apartment that will let me have him and he is behind on his shots. Also my significant other (this is a long story) doesn't want the doggie back :( but I want him back

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails