Sunday, May 8, 2011

Tangled Threads (Elemental Assasin No. 4) by Jennifer Esteap - Book Review

Title: Tangled Threads (Elemental Assasin No.4)
Author: Jennifer Estep
Pages: 357
Published: April 26th, 2011 by Pocket Books
Synopsis:Cold-blooded Fire elemental Mab Monroe has hired one of the smartest assassins in the business to trap me. Elektra LaFleur is skilled and efficient, with deadly electrical elemental magic as potent as my own Ice and Stone powers. Which means there’s a fifty-fifty chance one of us won’t survive this battle. I intend to kill LaFleur—or die trying—because Mab wants the assassin to take out my baby sister, Detective Bria Coolidge, too.

The only problem is, Bria has no idea I’m her long-lost sibling . . . or that I’m the murderer she’s been chasing through Ashland for weeks. And what Bria doesn’t know just might get us both dead. . . (from goodreads.com)

Okay everyone, I don't know about you, but I'm totally pumped about this fourth installment in the Elemental Assasin series by Jennifer Estep. Our dearest Gin Blanco is back and deadlier than ever and ready to kill anyone who even looks like a mob-boss minion. Could I just tell you, The Spider, is waiting!

Tangled Threads starts off with our dearest Gin on a stakeout waiting to take out her latest target in her quest to crumble the mob-boss', Mab Monroe's, pyramid of corruption. Of course, something turns up, not only foiling her stakeout, but creating a very electrifying hurdle to pass in on the road of murder and mayhem. Don't fret though, Gin is patient, she is deadly and she doesn't mind waiting. She's the Spider, it's what she does.

Estep's work is fun to read and action packed. She likes to throw in the little quips here and there and she always makes watching Gin fun and exciting. I think it's because we always get to see Gin be her patient self, we get to see her wait for her opening, we get to see her get it on with Owen.

Wait! What?! Did I just say Owen?! Oh yes I did baby! Now, I so much prefer him, the metal elemental hottie to the asshat cop she was dating, just in case you all wanted to know. Owen is graceful, talented, not afraid of a little blood and sexy to boot. I'd love to lick him from top to bottom, that's all I can say.

This fourth book was exactly what I was looking forward to in the series and it was nice to see Gin grow and find her way through her blackened heart, even if it was just a little bit. I enjoy watching her grow and attempt to overcome the crap that's been passed her way. I love that she doesn't snivel and complain about it, she just puts on her iron, hardcore, tough-girl panties and kills who she must.

The only thing I would say is that I wished we could have seen more Sophia and Finn. They didn't seem to be in it as much and I especially missed Sophia's dark, funny, disturbing, dwarf-self. All in all though, it was an enjoyable fourth book and I'm excited to see what's in store for Gin in book 5. (especially after that first chapter I read in the back of book 4 *sigh*)


2 comments:

  1. I love this series and I can't wait to read the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think every book can always have a little more Finn, I adore him:) And don't even get me started on Owen. You say you would lick Lord Maacon? Well, I would definitely lick Owen;) Can't wait for Spider's Revenge!

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails