Sunday, June 19, 2011

Jane True (book four/4) Eye of the Tempest - Cover Reveal

Hello my dearest readers!! Okay, you all know my complete love and obsession with all things Jane True. If not, then you just need to check my posts to realize it's becoming a bit ridiculous, this fixation on Jane *wink wink*. You may also check my reviews of her first three books (book 1, book 2, book 3). So, in joining with my love, I'm here to show you the newly released cover.

Synopsis: Nothing says "home" like being attacked by humans with very large guns, as Jane and Anyan discover when they arrive in Rockabill. These are professionals, brought into kill, and they bring Anyan down before either Jane or the barghest can react. Seeing Anyan fall awakens a terrible power within Jane, and she nearly destroys herself taking out their attackers.

Jane wakes, weeks later, to discover that she's not the only thing that's been stirring. Something underneath Rockabill is coming to life: something ancient, something powerful, and something that just might destroy the world.

Jane and her friends must act, striking out on a quest that only Jane can finish. For whatever lurks beneath the Old Sow must be stopped...and Jane's just the halfling for the job. (From Goodreads.com)

This cover is actually a new spin on the old ones. The cover designer is the same (Sharon Tancredi), but Orbit wanted to kick it up a notch, hoping for more eye catching results. Personally, while I do love this new cover, I prefer the old color theme and design, the second and third being my favorites. However, I'm a Jane True/Nicole Peeler fangirl through and through and I'm content either way. I'm throroughly thrilled that Blondie made it onto the cover, but I would have loved a motorcycle Anyan or anything Anyan really. *prrrrrrr*

(previous covers below) What do you think of the newest edition to Jane True?

The release date for this next book is: July 26th, 2011

Preorder:
Amazon/Barnes and Noble/The Book Depository

The Author:
Blog/Twitter

Orbit Books:
Blog/Twitter/Facebook

Previous Covers:













3 comments:

  1. Well, another series I know nothing about...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apparently need to be reading this series since it's inspired an obsession in you! Love when I find a series that gets under my skin and won't leave me alone:) I'm not a huge fan of the cartoon-like covers in general, but I do like the colors and layout of the first three more than this newest one. I think it's the red blocks of color at the top and bottom, it always makes a book look more like a textbook to me. Not sure why:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anachronist - You know my love of all things paranormal. Plus, I keep trying to find the ones where the synopsis actually sounds different...well, and fun. I always like fun!

    @Jenny - I think it's Nicole Peeler's humor in the series that I love so much. That and Anyan the sexy hell hound. I don't know, there is just something about the series that drags me in. It's just...*sigh*...brilliant! I agree with you about the red blocks. That's what I'm not a huge fan of either. I read on Orbit's website that they did it because they thought the authors name was being missed, but I don't think so. I prefer the subtlety of the banners on the other books. It's way more "Jane" than the big BLING one. But, I digress, I'll read Jane True no matter what she looks like on the outside. If you do decide to read it, the 2nd book is better than the first...and the third even more so.

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails