Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Book Boyfriend {5}: Adrian Ivashkov


Thanks for joining me again for another "My Book Boyfriend" hosted by the lovely Missie over at The Unread Reader. If you haven't checked out her blog, you must...she is AMAZING! It's guaranteed to brighten your day. Also, if you run over there today and check out her MBB meme, you can see all the other hotties linked up. So,as soon as you're done reading this post, RUN don't walk over to see what's up!

So...I know you are all wondering who my Book Boyfriend is today. Well, I've chosen Adrian Ivashkov from Bloodlines. Yes, that's what I said. Don't be looking at me like that, he's mine. I will hurt you if you even think of it....yes...I know what you're thinking o_o. I can read minds!

I have been DYING to cast the man below as someone and while reading Bloodlines by Richelle Mead I decided it totally works. Adrian is older and a trouble maker. He's rumpled but sexy...like he just got out of bed, but a sexy bed. But, most importantly, he is a BAD BOY. Yes, this is the most important, never forget that. I've chosen Adam Levine. Seriously, I think I'm going to be licking my screen all day today. I heart Adam Levine...I'd so never leave his bed.
:D

"So. Are you guys here to convert me or sell me siding?

The disarming comment was enough to help me shake off my anxiety. The speaker was a Moroi guy, a little older than me, with dark brown hair that had undoubtedly been painstakingly styled to look messy. Unlike Keith's ridiculously over-gelled attempts, this guy had actually done it in a way that looked good. Like all Moroi, he was pale and had a tall, lean build. Emerald green eyes studied us from a face that could have been sculpted by one of the classical artists I so admired. Shocked, I dismissed the comparison as soon as it popped into my head. This was a vampire, after all. It was ridiculous to admire him the way I would some hot human guy.
A touch to my hand made me jump. It was Adrian. His eyes were on Lee and Jacqueline, but his hand had caught hold of mine and squeezed it, even though he was still cuffed. I was surprised at the warmth of his skin. Even though I knew Moroi were as living and warm-blooded as me, my irrational fears always expected them to be cold. Equally surprising was the sudden comfort and connection in that touch. It wasn't the kind of touch that said, Hey, I've got a plan, so hang in there because we're going to get through this. It was more like the kind of touch that simply said, You aren't alone.
















It took several seconds of silence for me to realize that I'd been staring at him while my mind spun out its thoughts. And, actually, he was staring at me, with a look of wonder.

"My God, Sage. Your eyes. How have I never noticed them?

That uncomfortable feeling was spreading over me again. "What about them?"

"The color," he breathed. "When you stand in the light. They're amazing...like molten gold. I could paint those..." He reached toward me but then pulled back. "They're beautiful. You're beautiful."


(want to see below my cut off of this picture?? CLICK HERE my friends!!!no parts are exposed ;D)

Okay, I know...scandalous...tantalizingly delightful...so many adjectives....*big sigh* I'm in serious love. His music video's do NOT help the situation. I think he needs to be thrown against a wall...by ME! :D

What you all think? Who's your Book Boyfriend this week??



20 comments:

  1. I am not fan of Richelle Mead but your meme can persuade an angel...er...a saint...oh, still no good...ok, a very good person to do something bad for his/her health :D BUT very very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Adrian! He is so sexy. Adam Levine definitely has the same grin I imagine Adrian having. Fantastic pick this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lovelovelove Adrian! I haven't read Bloodlines yet, because I haven't finished the VA series yet, but I'm totally smitten for Adrian! And loooove Adam Levine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JEN!!!! I told you not to post that last picture of me and Adam! People aren't supposed to know about us and our extracurricular activities ;-) Can't wait to read Bloodlines and picture Adam now:) Win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO! I totally licked... I mean clicked for more. That is a lucky hand.

    I LOVE Adam Levine. I was so addicted to that show, The Voice, because of him and my Blakie. :)

    Thanks for putting a perfect face on Adrian. Now I can't wait to read about him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH YUM!!! Apparently this needs to be bumped up on the TBR...

    @Jenny... LMFAO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't met Adrian yet. *facepalm* Must read VA soon. I've been told several times that he's my kind of guy. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Anachronist - The only complaint I really have with Richelle Mead is her Love Triangles. She has over used them. Still, I can appreciate the yumminess of the characters involved. *wink* And, no saints necessary, Adrian would corrupt them.

    @Nic - I heart Adrian, too!!!!! I picture the face and the body on Adrian (and smile) to be like Adam Levine's. Plus, I can totally imagine his swagger is the same. I really just want to molest him...no biggie. :D

    @Liza - Adam Levine is smoking hawt! I definitely recommend you finish VA before starting Bloodlines. I liked Bloodlines, but I LOVED VA. I was just rooting for Dimitri in VA. Which was kind of hard because I've always LOVED Adrian. He just has this amazing sense of chaos and corruption that pulls me right in. ;D

    @Jenny - o_o Jenny, I thought we discussed this...he is M.I.N.E. Besides, I don't remember you ever getting that red manicure. However, I will concede to the fact that his face looks very happy to have those hands there. But, I digress...

    @Missie - Isn't it though?! Don't listen to Jenny, that hand is SO not hers. It's really mine...because Adam/Adrian is M.I.N.E. LOL! I keep going back and clicking that link again...like I haven't seen it a trillion times. Thank you Cosmopolitan for your dirty photographer.

    @Bookish Brunette - Ashley, I really did like this book. The lead character was a little hard to relate to at first, but I eventually got into my groove. She's no Rose. Still, I'd lick Adrian any day. And, I'd also have Adam Levine's babies any day.

    @Rummanah Aasi - I HIGHLY recommend VA, Rummanah!! It's one of my very favorite series. Bloodlines wasn't quite as good, but I think it has the mass potential for greatness. Adrian is all sorts of yumminess...well, if you like hot sexy men who smoke like a chimney and drink alcohol like it's water. Still, he has a certain "spirit" about him that I won't give away because it will ruin the surprise. Guess that's why I love him, he's WAY complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adam! Oh I really like him! Such a great pick this week. Yes, it makes me want to lick... uh... read the book. However, I don't know if you really should have posed with a picture like that with him. I thought you were innocent. I thought wrong! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know Adrian but I love me some Adam! Great choice and thanks for the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Melissa - *moves pitch fork into right hand* Melissa, I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm as innocent as they come.

    @Rowena - You are SO welcome! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh, Adam Levine! Yum. But I totally agree with you on Adrian! Totally swoon-worthy. :)
    - Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Adrian! Not as much as Dimitri, but close. Adam Levine is totally growing on me after seeing him on The Voice, too - love that last pic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh! May I add firstly that Adrian is very much growing on me in that I wish you'd enter my dreams every once in a while, ;P hahah. He is just incredibly delectable and SUCH a bad boy, ugh it kills me! lol. Secondly Adam Levine is absolutely 100% perfect for this role, great choice! Someone I would not have thought of, but I absolutely adore it! And now the quotes from the book about Adrian I have now just put my order on hold for bloodlines at Chapters and I am going to pick it up on pay day, lol!!

    Fabulous choice this week! I can't wait to see who you choose next week!

    PS: I totally clicked to see more! ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love Adam Levine -sooo hot in a lean and arrogant sort of way. Perfect choice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Why did you crop the picture! *swoon* At least you gave us a clikable link. I will forgive you this one time ;)

    Mad Scientist

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loooooove Adrian. I wouldn't have picked Adam Levine, but hey, each to their own. Awesome can never get enough of Adrian!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omg YES!!! haven't read Bloodlines but that is a great Adrian! :::sigh::: I loved Adrian. Great choice! P.S Love the blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok, let's get this out the way. Not only do I love adrian but Adma levine makes me want to do dangerous things both together is one lethal combo.

    Someone hand me a defibrillator because I'm having a heart attack over here.

    This is about my favorite book boyfriend this week<33 I definitely agree you with you, I would never leave his bed either;DD

    I haven't read bloodlines yet, I'm thinking about picking it up when the second or third book come out so i wont have to wait much between EVERY single book.

    -thank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love adrian and adrian is Max Irons

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails