Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Waterfall Wednesdays Chapters 24 thru 28

DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
Chapters 24-28

1. After Gabi is injured, the doctor gives her a tonic. Gabi questions the doctor several times what is in it but he refuses to tell. Would have you taken the tonic in Gabi situation?

I probably wouldn't have. I'm definitely suspicious by nature, but even more so, I can't stand hedging. When Gabi asks and the doctor won't answer her and just gives her a roundabout answer and she's just supposed to trust him because he's a doctor, I wouldn't have. I would have been like, "answer me and then I'll drink it". It makes the hubby so mad when I won't do something without a damn good reason or an answer. I so would not be the chick who jumps just because the boy tells her to, and luckily there is a pile of really soft sand to break my fall (Really Jasmine? How well did you know Aladdin?!). No, I'm the one who questions everything because I hate NOT KNOWING! Gah! The thought of it is making me rumble!!

I mean, that "medicine" could have anything in it to cow dung to a dung beetle. I don't do feces or bugs. I also don't do poison...because I like being alive. o_o

2. Before the games Gabi asks Lia to let Lord Forabosch win in the archery event as people especially Lord Forabosch are becoming suspicious of them. But during the games Lord Forabosch upsets Lia trying to throw her off her game. So Lia decides to win. Do you think she did the right thing by not letting Lord Forabosch bully her or do you think she took an unnecessary risk?

Are you kidding me? If I were Lia I would never have agreed in the first place. Growing up my father felt that men were basically better, stronger and smarter than women. It wasn't that women were stupid, just that men were smarter than, they. This has pissed me off to no end and I've spent my entire life proving that I was just as good, but aiming for better. My father has realized some of my genius *wink wink* and admits that I may be up there with one of my brothers.

All this is background for me being so extremely competitive with men [and women] it's not even funny. I would so kick Lord Forabosch's butt and not even think twice about the consequences. *shrugs shoulders* hang me for my amazingness with a bow and arrow? That's okay, at least I won. LOL!

3. When Gabi is dying and she and Lia decide to return to the tombs so they can get the cure at home but they have to tell Marcello the truth. Even though Marcello thinks that it is madness that they are from the future he believes in Gabi because he loves her. Do you think this is believable? What would you have done if you were Marcello?

I don't think Marcello fully believed what she was saying until he saw her disappear in the cave. I think he was humoring the one he loved because she was dying and he would do anything to make her happy. I do think he partially believed something was off, but if someone told me they time traveled, I'd ask them if they had recently done some acid. It's a plausible question.

4. In the end Gabi and Lia return home. Do you think Gabi will return to Marcello? Would you go back?

Being that this is a 3-part series, I had a severe inclination that Gabi would be returning. Let's be honest here people, Ms. Bergren's not so evil that she makes us fall in love with Marcello only to leave him and never return while also watching Gabi suffer through missing him terribly and knowing what she left behind. She'd be asking herself for years and years to come what would have been. Regret can be detrimental. Plus, like I said, Ms. Bergren's nice...not evil.

And to the second, I would have gone back. I've always been unruly lead by my emotions and hormones. I would have had to have gone back to see and feel everything with Marcello I could. Whether I could have stayed or not, I'm not sure. If Marcello treated like he did Gabi and allowed for the same things, I mayhap could have.

5. Looking back at Waterfall what was your favorite moment?

That's a toughie, but most of my favorite moments in books usually have something to do with the romance in said book. I think that's because it makes my heart pound and hope for new beginnings and better tomorrows. Waterfall is no different. I think my very favorite moment would be the first kiss, the stolen glances, the tender sweetness, the heart pounding feelings and romantic tensions from Marcello and Gabi. Sometimes, as a reader, I almost prefer the build-up and tensions of a relationship to make out scenes. Don't misunderstand me about the kiss, I still want it more than anything, especially if it's told just right with everything I've been waiting for as a reader, with touching lips that heat you down through your toes and make your heart beat just a little bit faster.Those new feelings and they way they make a person soar and float and walk around all day smiling...those are the best part about the beginning of a relationship. I love the beginning, it's apocalyptic.

19 comments:

  1. hahaha! Great answers! You made me smile! And FYI Lisa is working on the 4th book in the series. I've read Cascade and Torrent and a 4th book is a MUST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I so would not be the chick who jumps just because the boy tells her to, and luckily there is a pile of really soft sand to break my fall (Really Jasmine? How well did you know Aladdin?!)"

    You are too funny! I need to remind myself not to drink anything before I read your answers or I'm likely to blow whatever it is all over my computer screen. Win. So glad your dad finally figured out that you are epically brilliant:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your mission is to prove that we are indeed the superior gender! I agree that Lia had to win...there was no way she could take the daunting and accept second place when she knew she was better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are hysterical....Dung beetles and poop...what a wicked combination!!

    And ps- you are brilliant- dont let anyone tell you different... And I second tender moments, first kisses and stolen glances, I think women of America should unite in the movement for more tenderness...:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huzzah for great answers and valid points :o)

    I definitely agree with you on liking to see the build-up and tensions that make a relationship "powerful" -- it's easy to understand "make out scenes" but to get in the heads of people who CAN'T be together or have a lot to work through? Yeah, definitely powerful stuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I'll admit... I like being alive, too. With that in mind, I need to learn how to be more suspicious by nature. I'm way tooooo trusting. Yes, if I saw a man with an ax walking along the road on a dark, rainy night, I'd probably offer him a ride... only to never be heard from again. GAH! No.... can't do that.

    And hahaha! I wonder what acid was like back then. Not that I know anything about what it's like now. Maybe they used cow-patty mushrooms? Bet they weren't as toxic.

    Eeep! You always inspire my weirdest thoughts, Jen.

    And humoring her because she was dying? *snorts* No. If I was dying and Marcello was standing in front of me, I wouldn't want him to humor me. Making out until I took my last breath would do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great answers, full of girl power! You gave me a good, hearty laugh (or three!) I love this series so much. I go back and forth on who my fave characters are, which scenes are my faves, etc. I so can't wait for book 4!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you've got some character, Jen! My commise...I mean best wishes to your husband! I liked your answers very much and no, I wouldn't take that poison myself. I am also not sure I would return to Marcello...not completely sure. You know how I feel about the series but your approach is so sweet and funny I can't help visiting and reading anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I felt the same about the hedging. No bueno. Look at you describing the kiss enough to make me go pitter-patter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Julie - I totally agree! I've read the first chapter of the fourth book and it sounds so good. Told from Lia's POV. YEAH!!

    @Jenny - Just make sure to keep a rag handy. o_o LOL! I don't think I'd go with epically, but a girl can always hope. :D

    @Lisa - I so agree!! It frustrated me that Gabi even asked. I guess because Lord F. was a douche!

    @Tina - *Team Tender Moment Movement* It's so totally true, Tina. I don't think we see it as much as I'd like. Although, when it does pop up it melts me into goo. :D

    @Rebecca - Thank you!!! :D And I totally agree. I was just watching that movie Anna and the King and they never actually kiss in that movie, but you feel everything between them so strongly, its amazing.

    @Missie - There's a running joke around me and my siblings that my mother trusts anyone and everyone especially if they appear down and out. I always tell my sister that she'd probably let Freddie Krueger move in with her if she thought he was homeless. We all know how that would end.

    And, I bet you their shrooms were rockin! I mean, imagine the amazing fertilizer. They were probably huge and a lot cleaner than the ones today from all the pollution. Maybe the pollution has mutated the shrooms today into craziness. :D *giggles* Okay, I'm a nerd.

    @Serena Chase - Me too! I'm so excited to see what happens to Lord Greco. Mostly, I would love to see Lia and Luca with some intense relationship issues. Actually, I NEED to see some of those, LOL!

    @Anachronist - Thank you, my dear! :D I know it wasn't your favorite, but you really should know better than to nitpick the YA! They are what they are, LOL!

    @Amy - I love book-kisses. I've been thinking about the different ones lately and Marcello and Gabbi's is one of my favorites. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, you go girl!

    i totally agree. i love the thrill of the chase... all the romantic tension. i like when they get together too, of course, but then it's kinda over. (typically, of course, but marcello and gabi are separated by the whole time-space continuum thing at the end...:))

    ReplyDelete
  12. "I also don't do poison...because I like being alive" Too Funny! I think she was just in so much pain that she was willing to try anything!!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Your dad sounds a lot like my dad. In fact, it's only recently that he's come to see me as being equal to my brother. I try not to let it bother me, though, but it has made me incredibly competitive (and always seeking to achieve more and prove myself). So that's why I agree that Foraboschi deserved to have his butt kicked and put in his place by Lia. Girl Power! Yeah!

    Thanks for visiting my blog post and commenting:)

    Sarah @ Random Thoughts of A Confused Adolescent

    ReplyDelete
  14. "hang me for my amazingness with a bow and arrow? That's okay, at least I won."

    hahahahaha!!! Oh that is great! I was so glad Lia didn't cave and throw the contest. Screw that guy! She totally ruled.

    And, uh, yeah I so would NOT be drinking whatever random medieval "medicine" handed to me. Those people could be so gross!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ROFL!!! I love your answer about the meds. I can just see being covered in dung saying its such a great cure. I don't know about the cure, but it sure would prevent any viruses being transmitted. No one would get near you enough to sneeze on you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have truly enjoyed your answers throughout the Waterfall Wednesdays, today being no exception! Good for you showing dad! I had a dad like that too, but no brothers to compete against. Yeah, didn't make sense to me either! I wanted Lia to kick Lord F.'s butt which she did! Loved it!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha! I would probably think someone was on drugs if they told me they came from the past too! And I'm so with you about Lia choosing to win!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now I get why you love the series. You ARE a She-Wolf. Go, Jen, go! And thanks so much for taking part in WW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You leave the BEST comments EVER on my blog! I just noticed you comment even more than I thought because my stupid commenting system kept putting your comments in spam *grrrrr* That commenting system will be going bye-bye very soon...as soon as I can figure out how to get rid of it. They don't make it easy!

    Do you have Twitter? If so, find me!
    @ReadingWifeJac!

    How did you get that Google+ thingy on your sidebar?! I'm going to have to search to see if I can find this!

    Now on to commenting about this actual post...
    Marcello probably was humoring her a bit, lol. You have the best answers for these questions :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails