Friday, October 28, 2011

Author Interview: Jus Accardo and TOUCH

I'm seriously excited today to welcome Jus Accardo to In the Closet With a Bibliophile! I absolutely loved TOUCH so I'm kind of fangirling about having her here. (For all those who are curious, you can read my review HERE) Without further ado, I'd like to welcome Jus!

Interview:

In the beginning scenes of TOUCH, Dez meets Kale in the woods and he tells her he needs her shoes. Dez gives them up because of the look of fear on his face. If you were in the same situation, what kicks would you be wearing and would you have given him your shoes or ran in the opposite direction?
Me? I'm with Dez. Van's all the way, baby. As for forking them over, I donno. I'd say probably--but that's mainly because I can see the expression Kale gave Dez at that moment so clearly in my head. Poor guy was spooked. If I didn't have that, then I'd probably tell him to walk on his hands and leave WITH my kicks.
What was your favorite scene to write in TOUCH?
It's a tough call... There's a really short bear scene that I love, but I think if I have to pick, it's the scene where Kale is in Dez's room for the first time.
What was the last book you absolutely loved so much you read it in one sitting?
I recently read Half-Blood by Jennifer Armentrout. Devoured it like it was pure chocolate! Before that, well, pretty much anything Rob Thurman writes.
In TOUCH, the Sixes all have a power that makes them more than human. For Kale, when he touches people, he kills them. If you could pick any ability to have, which one would you choose and why?
Well, Dez's ability kicks some serious ass... And Alex's ability would make it nice and easy to make my coffee without ever leaving the chair... But I think my favorite is from a character you don't meet until book two who has the ability to talk to animals. I'm a huge animal lover. I'd LOVE to know what my Akita is thinking as she sits there and stares at me for hours. :)
Knowing what you know about Dez (past, present, future) what advice would you give her at the end of TOUCH?
Don't get too comfortable... You're in for a bumpy ride.
Dez is an adrenaline junkie and will do just about anything to get her hit. Have you ever tried or wanted to try something with that kind of rush? If so, what?
I'm no where near as hardcore as Dez, but I like a good rush once in awhile. I've gone bungee jumping (actually for research purposes). I'm terrified of flying so this will sound way off, but I'd actually love to sky dive. I can't even imagine the rush you'd get from feeling so free. Kale would definitely be a fan of that...
If Kale was asked what he finds the most attractive or remarkable about Dez (besides that he can touch her) what would he say? Dez about Kale?
Kale would probably look at you funny and say, it's Dez. He just loves everything about her. Everything from the way, in his eyes, she lights up a room by simply entering it, to the stubborn set of her jaw when she's arguing with someone. Dez would probably tell you she's in awe of his strength and goodness. He's lived through something horrible and it didn't poison his soul. Plus, yanno, he's a hottie!
I'm a secretly messy person. My house is clean, but if you move to the darker recesses, my desk is stacked with papers, my closet is a bit chaotic, my bookshelves don't even need to be spoken of because they make everyone who look at them do a double take and then laugh hysterically. Are you a person who has to have everything in its proper place or do things just kind of go where they fit?
Yeah... There are a million tiny scraps of paper everywhere with notes, phone numbers, and grocery store lists. Things are clean, but the organization system is something only I can make sense of. I'm totally in the go where it fits school of thought :)

The first time Kale is in Dez's room is one of my favorite scenes! Also, I don't think I'm brave enough to jump out of a plane...or bungee for that matter. You are a braver woman than I! Thanks so much for being on the blog today, Jus!

website/blog/facebook/goodreads

Buy Touch by Jus Accardo!

When a strange boy tumbles down a river embankment and lands at her feet, seventeen-year-old adrenaline junkie Deznee Cross snatches the opportunity to piss off her father by bringing the mysterious hottie with ice blue eyes home.

Except there’s something off with Kale. He wears her shoes in the shower, is overly fascinated with things like DVDs and vases, and acts like she’ll turn to dust if he touches her. It’s not until Dez’s father shows up, wielding a gun and knowing more about Kale than he should, that Dez realizes there’s more to this boy—and her father’s “law firm”—than she realized.

Kale has been a prisoner of Denazen Corporation—an organization devoted to collecting “special” kids known as Sixes and using them as weapons—his entire life. And, oh yeah, his touch? It kills. The two team up with a group of rogue Sixes hellbent on taking down Denazen before they’re caught and her father discovers the biggest secret of all. A secret Dez has spent her life keeping safe.

A secret Kale will kill to protect

10 comments:

  1. I NEED to read this book! I'm hearing such amazing things and I'm out of the loop and that is just unacceptable! I think I would love the ability to talk to animals as well, how amazing would that be. I work from home so I'm here alone with my dogs all day, it would be nice to converse with them;) Thanks for such a fun interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this book yet, but I can't imagine any scene topping the one where Kale asks to be shown more types of kisses. hehe

    I'm so ready to devour THIS book like pure chocolate, and seeing how yummy Kale is on the cover, I'm sure I'll have no problems, despite my chocolate alleges. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little late as we've been out of power for most of the morning, but thanks for letting me hang today, Jen!

    Jenny - What kind of dogs? Don't you just wonder what they're thinking all the time? They get that focused stare, so deep in thought... I'd love to know :P

    Missie - OMG. Did I read that right? Are you allergic to chocolate? I am too (though I cheat and eat it) I've never heard of anyone else allergic. You just made me feel a little less weird :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You loved half-blood? Oh I just have to tell you Aiden is MINE! However, looking at this cover, reading Jen's fab review and this interview... Hm... I might have to get this and add Kale to the man harem. He sounds delish!

    I will say this... I don't know if I'd want to talk to my dogs (doberman and malemute)... I already understand what they want too much already! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome interview, Jen! I immediately this book on my tbr pile. Kale sounds like my kind of guy..er..except the ability to kill with just a touch. Man, that totally sucks. Well, Ned the Pie Maker works his way around this issue too. Maybe Kale can take notes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am freaking DYING to read Touch! I've heard nothing but amazing things about it from EVERYONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melissa - Oooo We may have to throw down over Aiden... :D

    Rummanah - NED! I so miss Pushing Daisies :P

    Bookish - Yay! :) I'm glad you've heard good stuffs! Thank you for checking out the interview :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jus! Yes, chocolate always flares up my senses but I consider it a small price to pay for something that is so sinfully delicious. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need Book #2 NOW?! We get to see more powers?! HOLLER! Do we know when Book #2 is going to be published?! Or a title?!

    Yep, A HOTTIE Kale is!

    A Missie is allergic to chocolate?! Craziness!

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails