Thursday, November 10, 2011

Root Canals and Posting

Hey, just wanted to drop a line saying sorry for my lack of posting. You see, I had 2 abscesses at the bottom of a root canaled molar. So, I was supposed to go in last week, Thursday to get it re-treated...meaning the Endodontist drills through my existing crown and tries to make it all better. But, the Endo cancelled because he was sick and I got moved to Monday. Needless to say, the pain of the tooth over the weekend wasn't fun, thank heaven for pain pills (thank you Dr. Brian!), but then I went in for the root canal and OH EM GEE...OUCH.

The root canal itself, not so bad, but they drilled all the way down into that sucker and soaked it in bleach. BLEACH. o_o Then they packed it back up and sent me home...(I still can't believe they soaked it in bleach). Once I was no longer numb, I thought my jaw was on fire and someone was poking a nail into it. It took 2 very large white pills (again, thank you Dr. Brian!) to make the pain stop as well as a 6:00 p.m. bedtime. LOL! Hubby even took the kids out and got them ready for bed and then put them in bed. That never happens. He even got up with them in the night. This also never happens. :P (That part was awesome)

I'm hoping to get back to regular posting in the next couple days, once the pain stops. Til then, I love you and miss you all! Oh, and I'm answering emails, so no worries! :D

*HUGS*

Jen

9 comments:

  1. OUCH! Hope your recovery goes smoothly and quickly, Jen. Feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh noes! Bleach! That's the crazies treatment I've ever heard of. But at least you'll be feeling better soon. Rest up, Jen. And get the hubs to do as much as possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG dude!!! I had an abscess after I had my wisdom teeth removed! They hurt SOOOO bad! Feel better quick babe! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. get better quickly, I miss your posts! And.. tooth ache sucks I hope you feel better soon. BTW, BLEACH!? whaaa?

    ReplyDelete
  5. owwwwowowowow! I hope you feel better soon! I'm pretty impressed with the bleach pouring. I don't think I've ever heard of that happening before. Glad to hear you have pain pills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. EPE!!! Jen thats awful....tooth pain is the worst!!!! Im knocking on 100 wood tables today for no root canals EVER!!!!

    Get better friend...;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, one abscess is bad but two! Soaking in bleach...dear me, they wanted to disinfect it that badly! Get better as quick as possible (but do not tell your husband and moan from time to time - perhaps he will continue looking after the kids!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Rummanah - Thank you!

    @Missie - I know, I was like bleach? And then I smelled it and I knew it was true. o_o I thought I'd heard wrong. LOL!

    @Ashley - Thank you!

    @Stray - Right!?!? Thank you!

    @Small - I know, it was so weird. Thank heaven for Vicodin! :D

    @Tina - I'll knock on some wood for you, too! While my dentist is sexy, I don't like teeth drilling.

    @Anachronist - Thank you! Yes, he said it was to help rid it of bacteria or something like that. Abscesses....blah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!

    I know I'm late, but if you can still hold on to a bit of the pain... maybe it will make hubs keep up the duties? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails