Monday, January 9, 2012

2011 Wrap Up


It's the second week of the year, so I'm massively behind, but oh well. I'm tired of stressing myself out about it. :D

So, here is my 2011 wrap up:

Books Read (for the 1st time): 123
Pages Read (for the 1st time): 37,069
Books Reread: 6
Pages Reread: 1,972

Books Reread:
Silver Borne -Mercy Thompson No.5- Reread January 3rd
Tempest's Legacy -Jane True No.3-: Reread June 20th
Bone Crossed-Mercy Thompson No.4-Reread June 26th
Silver Borne -Mercy Thompson No.5- Reread June 27th
River Marked - Mercy Thompson No.6-Reread June 29th
The Lonely Hearts Club - Reread September 12th

Total Books Read: 129
Total Pages Read: 39,041

This number is actually quite down from what I read last year which *was* a little sad. But, I think I just ended up stressed and when I get stressed with books, I tend to just not do anything. Actually, sometimes that tends to happen with a lot of things I'm stressed about. Ha! Anyway, it was a fabulous year in books.

Favorite New Authors Discovered:

Young Adult
Stephanie Perkins - Author of Anna & the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door
Lisa Tawn Bergren - Author of the River of Time Series
Erin Morgenstern - Author of The Night Circus

Adult:
Ilona Andrews - Author of the Kate Daniels Series
Karen Marie Moning - Author of the Fever Series
Kevin Hearne - Author of the Iron Druid Chronicles
Stacia Kane - Author of Downside Ghosts

Favorite YA Books of 2011
  1. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
  2. Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (I actually read this in Jan 2012, but it was published in 2011)
  3. The Dark and Hallow Places by Carrie Ryan
  4. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
  5. The River of Time by Lisa Tawn Bergren (Yes, I know that's a whole series o_o)
Favorite Adult Books of 2011
  1. Kate Daniels by Ilona Andrews
  2. Fever by Ilona Andrews
  3. City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts No.3) by Stacia Kane
  4. Working Stiff by Rachel Caine
  5. Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne
  6. Eye of the Tempest (Jane True No.4) by Nicole Peeler
  7. Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires No.4) by Chloe Neill
So, the top ones are series, but oh well, I can't separate them out. Stacia Kane, that book was awesome and I've been dying for the 4th book to be released, although I'm a bit nervous for Terrible and Chess. The Iron Druid Chronicles was an awesome find (thank you Missie)! Kevin Hearne has created an amazingly fun and hilarious *male* character that's fun to see. Plus for me, most of the books take place in Arizona so it's fun to see Atticus and Oberon running rampant down the streets of Tempe. Plus, Atticus=Yum. As for Nicole Peeler, you all know my love of Jane True. If you don't, you can check out my million posts about her books HERE. I especially enjoyed the My Book Boyfriend post about Anyan! :P So....Read her books....because they rock (although, not really appropriate for the youngins.)!


I guess that brings me to my favorite fictional boyfriends this year!
  1. Cricket Graham Bell from Lola and the Boy Next Door - In the book he may be 18, but in my head he's like 36. LOL! (Here is my 2nd post about Cricket...me likey)
  2. Anyan Bargahest - Anyan almost always makes my list, I just can't help wanting to maul him.
  3. Dorian the Oak King - While I want to hit the female lead in this book, Dorian is so utterly lickable, I really just want to jump him. That is all.
  4. Patrick McCallister - From Working Stiff. Oh MY! (I'm seriously drooling checking this tag)
  5. Adrian Ivashkov - In all reality,I just loved this post, LOL!

(Click pic for *full* view)

Books I was most Excited About This Year:
  1. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
  2. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater
  3. Mastiff by Tamora Pierce
  4. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
  5. Succubus Revealed by Georgina Kincaid
  6. Supernaturally by Kiersten White
  7. Eye of the Tempest by Nicole Peeler
  8. Grave Dance by Kalayna Price
  9. The Dark and Hallow Places by Carrie Ryan
  10. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Not all the books lived up to what I thought they'd be, but these were the ones I had been looking forward to the most. Forever and The Scorpio Races were AMAZING, as I love Maggie Stiefevater, but Succubus Revealed, Bloodlines and Grave Dance fell a little for me. But, I have high hopes for Bloodlines and Alex Craft.

Anyway, that pretty much wraps up my 2011. I'm hoping to have some reviews up this week including one for Under The Never Sky as Veronica Rossi will be here on Saturday signing books! YAY! I do love the Dark Days tours. :D


9 comments:

  1. Heeeeeeeeeeeello, Adam! That's such a nice "full" view. LOL

    Jen! Your MBB post on Anyan made me so happy. And all the rest after it. You're awesome.

    Oh, and I've been wanting to read Working Stiff since your stellar review. I can't believe I forgot about it.

    River of Time and The Iron Druid took us on quite the adventure this last year, eh? Made for some really GREAT memories.

    Fantastic year in review. Hope 2012 is just as AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Lola & the Boy Next Door & love, love, LOVED Cricket. Sigh. Oh & I read that other Cricket post & love James Marsden, so I'm all for that version of Cricket Bell too. I've got to read Scorpio Races, too. Heard so much good stuff about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Missie - RIGHT??!! I still drool over that pic. And, Iron Druid and River of Time were a definite adventure! I seriously have the best memories there. Then again, I may be over nerding it with how much I love books. LOL! I think 2012 is going to be a fab year in books!

    @Cindi - I think LOLA was my favorite book this year. I adore Cricket to no end. Also, if you like Maggie Stiefvater, I highly recomend Scorpio Races. She just has this was with prose and she is one of the only authors I've read who can make me believe in insta-love. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome lists Jen...;)

    iheart the River of Time.

    I finished the VA series in 2011 so Im pretty excited about Bloodlines, but not in a rush to read it....I really want to read Karen Mornings Fea series, so thats my big get done this year...;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had "River Marked" on my reading list for a while. I've let it sit because I've only read so-so reviews. I mean I love Adam so I don't know what's wrong with me?! I'm gonna bump it up higher on my list to read. And yeah, Silver Borne made my favorite list too. I adore Sam!

    p.s. Michael Fassbender is YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a lot of books read Jen, good for you! I need to get back into the Mercy Thompson series, I love those books. I still haven't read River Marked and that is a crime. A crime I tell you! I'm so excited to start Hounded too, thank you again for sending that to me. It's on my list of books to read this week. Atticus and I are going to have a little one on one time:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I know that was a great list and a great breakdown of things. BUT you threw me (in a good way) with that full pic of Adam. I am SO going to steal him for the harem. YES. I. AM. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved Lola and The River of Time!! I only read the first book in the River series but I loved it. Now to make room in my TBR pile to buy the others. Sigh. Probably won't happen for awhile. =(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like Stephanie Perkins should be everyone's best friend in real life. And The Scorpio Races? LOVED THAT ONE! I just finished it about a week ago and almost wish I hadn't, just so that there would be more to read!

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails