Friday, February 17, 2012

Hounded Read-A-Long: Announcement

In case you haven't heard there is a group of kick ass chicks doing a Hounded Read-a-Long! Amanda of On a Book Bender, Ash of Smash Attack Reads!, Jen of In the Closet With a Bibliophile, Missie of The Unread Reader, and I would love for you to join us for the fun and laughter that is sure to happen!
Announcing the Kiss Me, I'm Irish read-along! This read-along is to celebrate the upcoming release of Tricked, the fourth book in the Iron Druid Chronicles, which comes out April 24th 2012! To prepare, we are reading/re-reading the series, starting with book one, HOUNDED by Kevin Hearne, and we'd like you to join us! 
Discussion Schedule:
March 02nd: Chapters 1-5 hosted by Geeky Blogger's Book Blog
March 09th: Chapters 6-10 hosted by On a Book Bender
March 16th: Chapters 11-15 hosted by Smash Attack Reads!
March 23rd: Chapters 16-20 hosted by In the Closet With a Bibliophile
March 30th: Chapters 21-25 + epilogue hosted by The Unread Reader
April 06th: Special interview with Kevin Hearne & announcement of winners!

PS:  If you have any questions for Kevin, Atticus, or Oberon post them in the comments!  Kevin has agreed to answer you pressing questions: aka where do we get an Oberon? Anytime you think of one leave it during the read-a-long--we will gather them up and send them along to Kevin!
Prizes:
Everyone who signs up for the read-along and participates each week will be entered for a chance to win one of three prizes. Best part: there will one winner per prize! The first name drawn will get first choice and so on. Wondering what's up for grabs? A Third Eye Tote Bag, a Sausage Fest Pint Glass, and a personalized, signed copy of any book in the Iron Druid Chronicles.
International participants: The giveaway is open to you as well (as long as The Book Depository delivers to your country), though the prize is limited to any book in the Iron Druid Chronicles (not signed).
Wanna join us?
Visit Felicia at Geeky Blogger's Book Blog to sign up and to grab the first set of discussion questions for week one!
About the book:
Atticus O’Sullivan, last of the Druids, lives peacefully in Arizona, running an occult bookshop and shape-shifting in his spare time to hunt with his Irish wolfhound. His neighbors and customers think that this handsome, tattooed Irish dude is about twenty-one years old—when in actuality, he’s twenty-one centuries old. Not to mention: He draws his power from the earth, possesses a sharp wit, and wields an even sharper magical sword known as Fragarach, the Answerer.
Unfortunately, a very angry Celtic god wants that sword, and he’s hounded Atticus for centuries. Now the determined deity has tracked him down, and Atticus will need all his power—plus the help of a seductive goddess of death, his vampire and werewolf team of attorneys, a sexy bartender possessed by a Hindu witch, and some good old-fashioned luck of the Irish—to kick some Celtic arse and deliver himself from evil.


 Grab a button!
Hope you see you all signing up! It's going to be so much fun and it's always a blast to meet new people! 

9 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! I'd like to join but I still don't have book one yet. *sigh* That's one cool swag. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to doing the read-along with everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo hoo! All signed uo can't wait to read about Tempe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing more awesome than Barney Stinson is YOU! JS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yeah. So reading this (again) with you all. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi

    Can you delete my link please - I'm such an idiot and put the wrong thing!!! I read Hounded about a week ago and Hexed not long after - absolutely love them both and got Hammered sat waiting to be read. I'd love to join in so if you could delete my rather foolish error and let me know I'll put in the correct link. Doh!
    (Sorry if I sent this comment to you twice - I really am having a bad hair day (and so is my computer)).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard SO many AMAZING things about these books!!!! I really want to read them too! Gah! So many books... So little time, makes for a sad Brunette!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited to find a fellow blogger who loves The Disillusionists series as much as I do! Justine's memory blip had me flippin out in the second book, I was going noooooo you can't forget you had sex with Packerd! lol. I had confusing feelings for Otto in the second book, one minute he was all innocent it wasn't his fault then he was BAM make Justine forget everything. Agh frustrations!
    I can NOT wait to see what you think of the third book XD

    Also very excited to do the read-along :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails