1. Kevin Hearne had the most perfect beginning for this book: "There are many perks to living for twenty-one centuries, and foremost among them is bearing witness to the rare birth of genius." If you were to live for centuries what do you think you would be excited to see?
Seriously, I have no idea. I don't think I'd be good at long life, I'd probably get all stabby and off someone. But, if I had to say something, I'd love to see (a) the world as culture and that kind of thing intrigues me. And (b) I love to see fashion changes. This is mostly because they crack me up! And besides that, imagine the shoe collection I could have...because you know I'm vain like that.
|click for larger image|
2. In the 2nd chapter we learn about the amulet and its protection powers! Do you think having met the Morrigan and heard about Aenghus Og that it will be enough to protect Atticus? I mean the Morrigan has a point about hot chicks coming after him and his defenses might be down! He is very male!
I think I'm kind of a cheater since I've read the series, but I think that having the Morrigan on his side is going to be a huge plus. I mean, she is the lady of death and if she isn't willing to take him then that's a huge plus for Atticus. Besides, that amulet ROCKS! I mean, it is bound to his aura I think it's going to be a HUGE tool in protecting him from Aenghus Og.
3. The literary world's coolest dog is introduced in this chapter! Did you love Oberon immediately? Show me a picture or describe the type of animal you would love to have as a talking companion! (Cat, Dog, Mouse, Sloth, Horse---what is your pick--pictures please)?
Does Christian Bale count? He's kind of like a bat...
So, if I could have any talking companion, I'd probably go with a Sand Cat. They weigh about 3.5 kg (7.7 pounds) and live well in desert areas which really works well for me and my desert area! Plus, isn't he adorable? I'm going to name him Kingsly or possibly Perry and we will be the best of friends. And he can cut anyone who attempts to hurt me. :)
4. In this chapter Flidais asked Atticus what his name is and then precedes to ask if anyone actually believes he is Greek? He says nobody pays attention to names here. Do you know what your name means and where it comes from? Or do you have a name you wish had? Let's talk names!
I seriously used to, but I've kind of forgotten. I think Jennifer is of welsh origin or something like that. I know my maiden name is Irish and I know my married name is Albanian. Hubs has told me what it means, but I can't remember except to say that I feel like Hubs may have tyrannical leader in his blood. Just saying.
5. We learn about Atticus' lawyers in this chapter, a rather unique combo! Without jumping ahead, would you hire a lawyer combination of two supernaturals who on the surface would appear to be natural enemies or at the very least two very Alpha attitudes? What would be the positives and negatives of that decision.
If I were in Atticus' shoes, I would. It would make sense if I were a supernatural to hire supernaturals. Mostly because they'd know how to get me out of sticky situations and I wouldn't have to worry about pretending I wasn't *special* (I am special, people!!). As for the Alpha attitudes, I think it works because of the different species. Besides, Leif would be my Night Man and Hal can be my Day Guy....it totally works. And Leif has that whole vamp thing going for him. The whole mesmerizing thing would help in said sticky situations.
As for the negatives, that much testosterone together, especially with Hal being THE Alpha and Leif being who he is (don't want to give it away), I would imagine fights could ensue. However, they seem to compliment each other nicely.
Awesome questions this week, Felicia! As the book progresses, we're going to hear more about Arizona and the different parts Atticus and Oberon venture into. Below are some pictures I took while I was hiking. Just to give you an idea of what it's like here. :) If you click the pics, I think they'll go to full size. (the bottom 2 are cactus that I thought rather pokey and therefore awesome)
Hope everyone is enjoying the book and we'll see you back next week! (hopefully!)