Thursday, March 15, 2012

HOUNDED Read-a-Long Chapters 11-15 - Week 3


Questions Week 3, Chapters 11-15

1. I love Leif Helgarson, Viking Vampire, Esq. I have to say that combo makes a pretty cool attorney. If you could have a paranormal/mythical beastie (or combo) covering your tuckus in court, what would you choose and why?
 Now see, this one is a difficult question. I mean, I would probably go with genius lawyer in general and if I had a choice sexy as hell would be nice. Now, said genius hottie's paranormal side, I'm not sure. There are so many to pick from and they all have their own features. But, since I'm going for a shorter answer here, I'd say the vampire. I think the mezmerizing thing would be very handy, and if my vamp looks like Jax Teller from Sons of Anarchy that would really just double the awesomeness of it all. I'm just saying. I may have not answered that question properly. I blame Missie and Tina. But, I digress...
2. The police show up to question Atticus about his Irish Wolfhound, Oberon. If you could own any dog breed, what would it be and why? (P.S. Oberon is going on my list of favorite sidekicks!)

 A Siberian Husky!!!! I'm not really a dog person, I know, don't beat me down, but if I ever do get a doggie, I've always always wanted a Husky. They are such beautiful creatures and I think one of the coolest things is that they can have differentiating eye colors. As in one eye could be blue and one eye could be brown or yellow or whatever. But really, I've actually read up on that breed, and it's one of my favorites.  
3. Malina Sokolowski and the other Sisters of the Three Auroras coven have my antennae up. What is your opinion of them?
I don't trust them yet. I want to trust them, I really do, but I can't bring myself to do it with everything going on. 
4. Brighid, goddess of poetry, fire and the forge, gave Atticus the power of Cold Iron, which can be used to fight off that nasty lilttle hellspawn. If you could wield one magical power, what would it be and why?
This one is always difficult for me. Growing up if you would have asked me, I probably would have loved the ability to freeze time. I wanted to be just like Evie from the TV show Out of This World. Plus, I wanted to be able to sleep all the time, LOL!

Now, I think I may love to be able to move from place to place or time to time, kind of like Hiro from the TV show Hero's.  I think because I'd love to be able to visit so many people who don't live near me and because I find different time periods so amazingly interesting.
5. The cops show up at Atticus’ shop to search for poor Oberon, who remains magically hidden throughout the ordeal. What is the one thing you would do if you could remain hidden from sight? I want to hear some good answers for this one!
 Oh Ash! I have no idea....*ponders*...well, let's be honest, I'd want to see some muscly nakedness of a particular person who I won't mention because I'd like to remain employed. LOL! Or you know, you always want to know what certain people are thinking about you. O_o
                                                                                                                                    
Read-alongers: If you have CAPTCHA on your blog, please consider turning it off (even for the day). With the new CAPTCHA system on Blogger, it is even more difficult and annoying to comment, and many commentors now skip over blogs with CAPTCHA. And just a reminder: CAPTCHA is turned on by default. If you’re on Blogger, double check to make sure CAPTCHA is turned off.
                                                                                                                                    

Questions for Chapters 16-20

1.  Just after Atticus is shot, Oberon has to "ninja" his way out of the shop and into Hal's Beamer (with the icky air freshener). Have you ever been in a situation where you had to "ninja" your way out and try not to be discovered? If so, what happened?

2. Atticus's main goal through a large portion of the book is not only protecting Oberon, but also protecting the sword. You are now living in a paranormal world and you need a weapon! What weapon do you choose and what can it do?

3.  To recharge and heal after being shot, Atticus sleeps naked, tattoos to the earth, in a patch of grass near the Civic Center in downtown Scottsdale. Where is the weirdest place you have ever slept?

4. We finally find out some very interesting information about Granuaile and I don't know about you, but I certainly wasn't expecting to find that she's sharing her head with someone else. What about you, did you expect anything along those lines? If not, what were you expecting concerning Granuaile? 

5.  Laksha is a witch, a truly evil one at that for many of the things she's done in the past. However, she's supposedly seen the error of her ways. Do you think she really has? Would you be willing to trust her? Do you think Atticus is smart to have decided to trust her to help him with the "other" witches?
                                                                                                                                    

PS: If you have any questions for Kevin Hearne, Atticus, or Oberon post them in the comments! Kevin has agreed to answer your pressing questions: aka where do we get an Oberon? Anytime you think of one leave it during the read-a-long - we will gather them up and send them along to Kevin! 
                                                                                                                                     

Looking for next week's questions? See above to grab them!


Hounded Discussion Schedule:
March 02nd: Chapters 1-5 hosted by Geeky Blogger's Book Blog
March 09th: Chapters 6-10 hosted by On a Book Bender
March 16th: Chapters 11-15 hosted by Smash Attack Reads!
March 23rd: Chapters 16-20 hosted by In the Closet With a Bibliophile
March 30th: Chapters 21-25 + epilogue hosted by The Unread Reader
April 06th: Special interview with Kevin Hearne & announcement of winners!

What you could win:
Everyone who signs up for the read-along and participates each week will be entered for a chance to win one of three prizes. Best part: there will one winner per prize! The first name drawn will get first choice and so on. Wondering what's up for grabs? A Third Eye Tote Bag, a Sausage Fest Pint Glass, and a personalized, signed copy of any book in the Iron Druid Chronicles.

International participants: The giveaway is open to you as well (as long as The Book Depository delivers to your country), though the prize is limited to any book in the Iron Druid Chronicles (not signed).

35 comments:

  1. JAX TELLER!!! You can look and admire from afar, just remember, he is mine. LOL

    I wonder how well huskies would fair in South TX because after seeing those pictures of them, I want one. Probably because they kind of remind me of Ozzie. LOL

    And doooooood! Are you kidding me. I loved Out of This World. I wonder if it is on Netflix? That show was so awesome. Rewatching it would probably bring back so many memories of my Tiger Beat lovin' tween days, when NKOTB posters were plastered all over my walls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! How often did you try to put your fingers together and freeze time. It never worked. Still depresses me. LOL! o_O

      Delete
  2. OMG.. I want that puppy on the far left! He looks so angry! Haha... I love it.

    You guys are a bunch of peepers! lmao..

    ReplyDelete
  3. RAWR Jax Teller! Come heither and I shall let you be my naughty lawyer ;)
    I am not really a dog person either, I just like to admire their beauty from a far distance. A very good distance. -_-
    I loved Hiro. Just woosh time travel to another country would be so freaking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Then we wouldn't even need that machine. We could go wherever, whenever. Boo ya!

      Delete
  4. I loooooooove huskies! :) My university's mascot is actually the husky.

    Freezing time would be nice. Put the whole world on pause while you go nap. I could get behind that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm saying. Now I'd love that power so I could freeze time and read. There never is enough time in a day.

      Delete
  5. Huskies are definitely beautiful dogs. I love the little one on the left. He looks mighty pissed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I LOVED Hiro! I miss that show (when it was good) and think his power was cool. :)

      Delete
    2. Doesn't he?! I love it. He's so fluffy and adorable and yet cranky all at the same time.

      I also miss that show when it was good. Too bad it kinda sucked there at the end.

      Delete
  6. Being able to start and stop time is a pretty good one. It would be better if you could rewind and fast forward, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would be awesome. Kind of like time travel, but I have this weird image of time literally flying around me.

      Delete
  7. those are like the cutiest pictures. those little husky eyes look like they are thinking real hard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first question is so unfair because there are just waaay too many awesome people to choose from. For a superpower, I thought of time traveling, but it just seems to be so much work. LOL!

    Question for Kevin: Is Atticus going to have a love interest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I was like, Gah! Which one am I to choose for a lawyer. Plus, unless I'm reading about them, I always forget my options. LOL!

      Thanks Rummanah. I'm going to put that question to Kevin!

      Delete
  9. Good power choices--Hiro's jumping was really cool.

    Huskies are gorgeous dogs! It would be just cruel to have one in the South, though, so I could never have one. They belong in a place where they can frolic in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, and that's what I was thinking about having a Husky in AZ. It's bloomin' hot here in the summer months which are about 5. I'd feel bad. But there are a ton of people here with them, so I must not be that evil.

      Delete
  10. Huskies are beautiful!

    LOL Jax, huh? I do think he has a smokin' hot bod but I will leave him for you and Missie to fight over. He is blonde LOL

    Oh Hiro had a fantastic cool ability. Though I don't think I could jump through time---I would want to change things. I mean little things, like introducing crochet hooks into the medieval times. Women could have knitted/crochet their way to freedom from oppression way sooner :)

    @Rummanah---hmmmmm sorta, not really, maybe on your question :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Admittedly, I'm usually a dark haired man fan, but there is something about Jax. I think that beyond the sexy bod and the but that is so perfectly formed I'd like to bite it, it's his smile. When he smiles it adds this whole different thing to him and I just melt. *melts thinking about Jax*

      Delete
  11. Huskies have the prettiest eyes!! I love them, they are beautiful.
    Moving from place to place would be fantstic. Just blink and you would be there! THink of all the commuting time that could be saved!!! lol.
    Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm sayin! My sister lives in Ohio and I miss her so much. My other sister lives in Utah and I miss her as well. *sad sigh* Plus, I want to visit all my friends along the way. LOL!

      Delete
  12. Huskies are such pretty dogs. I do love their eyes...it is kinda of odd how human their eyes are. It's like they can look into your soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I SO agree! Maybe that's why they draw me to them so much.

      Delete
  13. I am here and do I see cupcakes...NO! Don't make me hunt you down. I even put a special shout out about you in my post. I love the eyes on a Husky! Those pics of Missie's were totally smokin!
    I really really want to know who you would be spying on! Teleporting would be so nice especially living in PhX I do not miss my 2 hr daily commute. Besides you would save a buttload on gas money and you could get out of the heat. Alright I am coming back tomorrow and I had better see some ------ -------- cupcakes here..you fill in the blanks with your favorite curse words. Great questions for next week btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack! The cupcakes I made last night didn't turn out. I threw all of them out before I even frosted them. I'm so making more today to fill the void, so do not fret my dear! LOL!

      Delete
  14. Love the huskies, and I'm totally with you on the witches.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Where are these magical cupcakes I keep hearing about!!! Frickin' A - and I finally turned off my captcha and everything!!! C'MON!!! ...just kidding

    I always loved huskies and that's why when they had a litter of mutts at the shelter that they said had husky in them, we had to have one. I love blue merles, I think that's what they call the ones with 2 different colored eyes, but I could be mistaken.

    And great question from Rummanah!!! I've been wondering that myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked on said magical cupcakes last night and they didn't turn out. I used the wrong extract because I was substituting and definitely chose the wrong substitute. LOL! Had to throw them all out. They were so gross! Never use spearmint oil in a cupcake. o_O I'm making more today so YAY! I need the yumminess.

      I'm so jealous you got a doggie with husky in it. So cute.

      Delete
  16. Can I has Jax? Oh wait... I almost forgot... I did claim them all, so he's already mine, right? LOL But then again, I'm sure this doesn't bother you since you would freeze me and steal them all. Now I know your game! Darn... I need to find a good counter ability. ;)

    Btw, as a owner of a malamute (husky's cousin) can I just say one word? HAIR! :D STUBBORN as well. But they do know how to work a crowd. My mal has so many people who love her, it's crazy! :)

    Btw... I think you could buy us all off with magical cupcakes. Just sayin'... ;D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love huskies too. Especially the ones with the black eyebrows and blue eyes. and,moving between places to visit people would be great - now you've made me think of time travel! Drat, didn't put that as my answer but it would be pretty cool!
    Lynn:D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Who WOULDN'T want to see some muscly nakedness?!?! I'd be right there with you girl!

    I love your idea for the ability to stop time. That was such a neat power that Hiro had, but I'd be so worried that I'd somehow wind up screwing the future up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Only just catching up readings peoples posts for last weeks Read along. Had a bad week. Any hoo, huskies are beautiful dogs, I can imagine them being wise and in those pictures you can really imagine them talking. OH I use to love that show when I was younger, forgot all about it!

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails