Friday, March 23, 2012

HOUNDED Read-a-Long Chapters 16-20 - Week 4


Questions for Chapters 16-20
1.  Just after Atticus is shot, Oberon has to "ninja" his way out of the shop and into Hal's Beamer (with the icky air freshener). Have you ever been in a situation where you had to "ninja" your way out and try not to be discovered? If so, what happened?
When I was younger I was always "ninja"-ing my way out of my sisters bedroom with her clothes in hand. For some reason, it's a lot more fun to wear her clothes when she didn't know about it. In my college years, I was always "ninja"-ing myself back into my house. Didn't want my parents to realize when I actually got home. LOL!
2. Atticus's main goal through a large portion of the book is not only protecting Oberon, but also protecting the sword. You are now living in a paranormal world and you need a weapon! What weapon do you choose and what can it do?
I think I'd have to go with a double headed spear. See, there would be enough staff between me and the blades to make me feel comfortable and the adjustable length of my incredibly awesome spear would allow for close or not-so-close range fighting. I must admit that my spear would also come with some very awesome armor, kind of like better-than-kevlar body suit of some sort. 

My spear would definitely be able to pierce any object it came into contact with including a body. Ha!! And I think it would be pretty awesome if using some of my body's energy it could shoot out pulses and shock-kill. And yes, if you're wondering, my mind thinks of these things often. :)
3.  To recharge and heal after being shot, Atticus sleeps naked, tattoos to the earth, in a patch of grass near the Civic Center in downtown Scottsdale. Where is the weirdest place you have ever slept? 
Okay, this part of the book always cracked me up because the Civic Center is SO busy. There's a library and it's just this huge hubub of activity. Every time I drive by it now I giggle thinking of fictional Atticus sleeping naked there. 

Weirdest places slept would include the trampoline, outside in the front yard of my parents house in the grass with my then-boyfriend (now my hubs), the side of the road in a car randomly pulled over and in the house of a Zimbabwe rugby team I had just met in Heidelberg, Germany. That last one would probably be one of the most fun. Although, when I stayed in Ireland, I stayed with Bono's (U2) cousin and slept at their house for a night. I still think the rugby team was my favorite!
4. We finally find out some very interesting information about Granuaile and I don't know about you, but I certainly wasn't expecting to find that she's sharing her head with someone else. What about you, did you expect anything along those lines? If not, what were you expecting concerning Granuaile? 
Like I said, I wasn't expecting it. In fact at first I was all confused because how does one share their head with someone else, but I thought it was pretty cool and an original idea. I loved seeing the dual personality and really, I LOVE Granuaile. She's adorable and I love the things she says. She just seems like the perfect offset to Atticus.  I think what I was expecting was just a supernatural creature I had never heard of before. It's nice to get something totally different than what I was expecting.
5.  Laksha is a witch, a truly evil one at that for many of the things she's done in the past. However, she's supposedly seen the error of her ways. Do you think she really has? Would you be willing to trust her? Do you think Atticus is smart to have decided to trust her to help him with the "other" witches?
Laksha seems...weird. I don't think I'd trust her in full and I think it's wise of Atticus to tell her part of his stipulation is that Laksha has to leave Arizona and never come back unless requested. She seems like she does want to change, but I don't think that that kind of personality trait just leaves someone. She seems like a tricky bugger of a witch.
                                                                                                                                    

PS: If you have any questions for Kevin Hearne, Atticus, or Oberon post them in the comments! Kevin has agreed to answer your pressing questions: aka where do we get an Oberon? Anytime you think of one leave it during the read-a-long - we will gather them up and send them along to Kevin! 
                                                                                                                                      

Read-alongers: If you have CAPTCHA on your blog, please consider turning it off (even for the day). With the new CAPTCHA system on Blogger, it is even more difficult and annoying to comment, especially if someone is trying to comment from a phone or tablet. Truth is, many commentors now skip over blogs with CAPTCHA. To keep commenting simple and fun for everyone, please turn CAPTCHA off. If you need insturctions on how to turn CAPTCHA off, visit this post: CAPTCHA: How to Eradicate Evil.
                                                                                                                                     
Looking for next week's questions? Go to The Unread Reader to grab them!


Hounded Discussion Schedule:
March 02nd: Chapters 1-5 hosted by Geeky Blogger's Book Blog
March 09th: Chapters 6-10 hosted by On a Book Bender
March 16th: Chapters 11-15 hosted by Smash Attack Reads!
March 23rd: Chapters 16-20 hosted by In the Closet With a Bibliophile
March 30th: Chapters 21-25 + epilogue hosted by The Unread Reader
April 06th: Special interview with Kevin Hearne and announcement of winners!

What you could win:
Everyone who signs up for the read-along and participates each week will be entered for a chance to win one of three prizes. Best part: there will one winner per prize! The first name drawn will get first choice and so on. Wondering what's up for grabs? A Third Eye Tote Bag, a Sausage Fest Pint Glass, and a personalized, signed copy of any book in the Iron Druid Chronicles.

International participants: The giveaway is open to you as well (as long as The Book Depository delivers to your country), though the prize is limited to any book in the Iron Druid Chronicles (not signed).



43 comments:

  1. lol... you definitely gave some thought to your weapon. I may update mine after I sleep on it.

    And yeah, you have slept in some random places :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, world travel does that to you. I've stayed in a ton of hostels. One of them was in New Zealand and I was almost positive I wasn't going to make it through the night because of a murder. As you can see, I made it. LOL!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this book but now I might! It seems you are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEST ANSWER #3!!! I love it!! How cool you were in Europe and met so many different people ~ a freaking rugby team!!! Outstanding!!! My neighbors do the trampoline thing with their kiddies so I know that's fun!!

    Oh, I totally forgot about getting in and out the bedroom window growing up ~ I wasn't too successful with that one!

    I'm totally jealous you live in the Southwest! My hubby and I miss it terribly (he's ASU alum, we met in San Diego). Are you going to the party at Rula Bula?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! *cries* I wanted to so bad, but I didn't find out about it until later. I'm really sad that I'm missing it.

      ASU! I went there for a bit. I love it. I love it out here, although this winter has been super warm. I could have used some cold to set off the horrible summer that is coming.

      Delete
  4. Spear. I was actually thinking that "this girl has been thinking about her weapons". You've had some fun adventures it sounds like. I'll be thinking of a naked Atticus recharging his battery for now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always thinking about cool weapons. Mostly it's because I write and I'm always wondering weird stuff like that. I'm pretty much an epic nerd.

      Delete
  5. OMG you have had the best travels! I want to sleep with a Rugby team (ok that came out a little more pervy than I meant it too)!

    I never did the sneaking out of the window thing *sigh* I feel like I missed a right of passage.

    Spear---excellent choice!

    Laksha is "weird" but I think that might actually mean that she will hold up her end of the bargain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! No worries, I totally know what you meant. They were so fun! Best calves EVER! I tell you that much.

      Delete
  6. Tricky is a good way of describing Laksha. I think this is especially true after reading Hexed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I kind of wanted to behead her after that part in HEXED.

      Delete
  7. A double headed spear wu=ould be deadly! I can see why you would want the armor because when someone saw you comeing with that spear they'd be getting out a weapon of their own! LOL.
    Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny enough, I was thinking long range bullets or magical bullets. LOL!

      Delete
  8. Um... okay, I feel like a total dork. My adventures didn't lead to any fun sleep overs, and they certainly didn't involve a rugby team. *sigh* Unfortunately I never got away with sneaking out and let's say it was good that I didn't fall asleep in any adventures I did have. :) But then again... I never thought of a spear to protect me. My imagination has some work to do to catch up to you! ;)

    Laksha... yep... I agree. I don't fully believe that she has changed either. Tricky is perfect for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go single to Dublin. I tell yah, the Irish love woman. Period. All you have to do is end up in a club and the hotties will arrive to give you a fun night on the town! LOL!

      Delete
    2. I've heard the same about Italy. LOL I guess the US is boring! *snort*

      Delete
  9. "Rugby Team Sleepover" is my band name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great answers. And I think you're going to have a lot of people jealous you had a sleep over with a Rugby team. LOL Lots of crazy things could've happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's a memory I quite enjoy remembering. LOL! Germany will always have good memories for me. :)

      Delete
  11. You got to stay with Bono's cousin?? AND a Rugby Team in Germany??? I want your life!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bono's cousin was so freaking nice. Their kids were adorable. Red hair and all. Bono gave them this giant silver toaster for their wedding. Oh the things I remember. And Germany....I highly recommend it. Their clubs are all under ground. It was so fun. Although, the Germans we met weren't the best dancers, LOL! But they looked fabulous. :D

      Delete
  12. Wow, you really slept around! Sounds like fun--I'm liking the trampoline nap, personally.

    Ooh, a tricked-out spear. Now that could do some serious damage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slept being the key word. LOL! I loved the trampoline! Me and my sister always used to camp outside on it.

      Delete
  13. Stealing your sister's clothes...well I can tell you from the big sister vantage point it sucks to have a little sister borrowing your stuff all the time. Wow,you slept in some odd places, when are you going to try the civic center. Your spear sounds kick butt, does it shoot flames too? Yes, Lakaha sounds like a buuger of a witch, good thing she likes Atticus.
    Will you ask Mr. Herne, what kind of research did he do to create Atticus, after reading the chapter when Atticus explains what went into his training, I was curious where he drew his research from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are 6 girls in my family so I'm an older sister and a younger sister. I'm used to the stealing of items so I figured I deserved to steal. LOL ;D

      The Civic Center is next on my list. Now to convince the police department it's okay. :D

      (I'll add that question into the mix! - THANKS! *HUGGLES*)

      Delete
    2. Where have you been...having Jen withdrawals!

      Delete
  14. You really did give some thought to the weapons question, didn't you? I think how your mind works, chickie. :)

    I'm a pretty big U2 fan so I can't believe you met anyone related to Bono. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty awesome, not gonna lie. Mostly because I love that kind of thing. They were so nice and their kids so cute. My friend was their au pair so that's where the in came from.

      Delete
  15. Your spear sounds super awesome. I love all the details and all the neat stuff it does.

    I would giggle every time I drove past the Civic Center too + I'd be blushing a little while imagining Atticus naked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It cracks me up that he added it in. It's why I love the books so much. So much Arizona fact that is actually fact. It's fun for me. :D

      Delete
  16. You have definitely planned that spear haven't you! LOL! Wow you can drive past places in the book, that's so cool!!! If you're going to the sausage fest in April I'll be sooooooooo jealous! I forgot I have slept in cars! But RUGBY team, again sooooooooooo jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad to say I'm not going. boo! I didn't know about it until after the fact so I missed the tickets. I could drive by it, LOL! I love rugby and I'm sad it's not popular around the states. Being in Germany with a whole team was pretty epic. I'll never forget it. BEST LEGS EVER! I tell you that much! ;D

      Delete
  17. OMG - totally forgot about the stealing of my sister's close! Well done with that. I love the way you elaborate with your weapon of choise - you started with a spear, a double edged spear mind, and then the concept grew.
    Your weird sleeping places answer is the best though. (Now be honest, are you sure you were sleeping!!) Only kidding. It's a cool answer and made even more so by the fact that you actually get to drive by the places mentioned in the book. Green at all?
    Thanks for the questions - they were great teasers.
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG - loads of typos - apologies!

      Delete
  18. I'm loving everyone's weapon choices! The double headed spear is some good thinking on your part Jen. I definitely would need something to keep people at a distance, as soon as they got close to me I'd be done for. Although it's entirely possible I would stab myself with one or both of the spear heads while trying to train with this weapon, so perhaps I wouldn't need to fight at all because I'll have wounded myself.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have slept in some seriously cool places! Love the spear idea, I went with the harm from a distance thing too, seems safest :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello again,
    I was thinking about the questions for Kevin Hearne - I don't have anything really cool but I wondered if he was going to write many more Atticus stories (what I'm hoping for is a lot). They're so much fun - so hopefully he isn't planning to stop after 5 or 6?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello,
    I’m Allison, I’m loving reading everyone’s responses, they’re so creative and funny as hell!!

    Okay, first can I just say how awesome your ideas are for your answer to Q3?!! LOL And remind me to go to Ireland someday, LOL. I think it'll be interesting to see if Laksha makes an appearance in "Tricked" and if Atticus gets taken advantage of, more than actually doing the tricking of others. :)

    Second, here is my question for Mr. Hearne, (if it hasn’t already been asked) that I posted on my blog last week: If the IDC series could be adapted to a graphic novel (which would be awesome) or tv series/movie (which would be epic), would you consider it?

    Third and lastly, I left my answers on my blog here:http://burnthemidnightoil.deviantart.com/journal/Book-Blog-Entry-for-Week-4-of-Hounded-Read-Along-291956078

    http://burnthemidnightoil.deviantart.com/

    and I founded an IDC fan group on DA, here: http://irondruidchronicles.deviantart.com/

    We appreciate anyone stopping by!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't think I'd be able to get any shut eye staying the night of a house of someone famous. :D Well, a relative to someone famous still counts. Another dependable weapon of choice. :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. You slept with a whole rugby team?! *dies of jealousy* LOL

    J/K. hehe, but yes, I think that would have been my favorite place to sleep too, though Bono's cousin...that's pretty freaking cool too. Oh, and I want to love Granuaile and think that she is adorable, like you, but Grrrrrrr... I can't. Probably because she has Atticus' attention. LOL

    And yes, you have a beautiful mind. Sure, it's a little bit scary, but I love it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ninja'ing your way out of your sister's room with her cloths!! Sounds like my sister, my cloths often ended up in her closet when it was missing from my closet ;)

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails