Kiss Me, I'm Irish is a read-along of HOUNDED by Kevin Hearne, and hosted by Felicia of Geeky Blogger's Book Blog, Amanda of On a Book Bender, Ash of Smash Attack Reads!, Jen of In the Closet with a Bibliophile and me!
Week Four Discussion Questions: Chapters 21-25 + epilogue
1. In a moment of anger, Atticus reveals something about himself that he usually keeps very secret, for his own benefit. Has something similar ever happened to you? Have you ever spilled a closely guarded secret in a moment of excitement or anger or absent-mindedness?
Yes! Ug! I'm horrible at this kind of thing. It's usually when I get angry. I just start shooting off at the mouth and then I'm like AHHHH, NO! I can't really tell you about the secret because then, you know, that wouldn't be good. I did however spout off some things I was thinking once when I was really angry and let's just say they weren't the kind of things one should spout at their husband. LOL! Funny thing is I didn't even know I said them out loud until Hubs told me I did. OOOOOooops! ;)
2. Atticus tells Mrs. MacDonagh, "the universe is exactly the size that your soul can encompass. Some people live in extremely small worlds, and some live in a world of infinite possibility." Then he asks her what she is going to do with the new information she has discovered. What would you do if you found out that other beings were among us? Would you deny it or embrace it?
I've been wishing for AGES that things were other things among us. When I was young I was sure there were, now.....I'd like to think they are. Maybe that's sad. Oh well, I say EMBRACE!!
3. So far, Atticus has revealed a few of his powers and has even shared some power by putting bindings on Granuaile. What do you think has been his coolest or most helpful power so far?
I love his connection to the earth. I think it's so amazing that he can draw upon it's power to create and heal and to fight against others. I love that if he sleeps outside naked *waggles eyebrows* with his tattoos to the dirt that he can heal by morning. I just think the whole earth thing is awesome. I also love how he's proud to be a tree hugger. How in the book, Kevin Hearne has so amazingly balanced the need for power and the need to give back. I think it's important to the story line.
4. Atticus gets pretty pissed when he finds out that Aenghus Óg is drawing power from the Earth and, in turn, killing it. That's when Atticus decides he must fight the old Fae for committing such a heinous offense. What is something you would fight for, even if it meant you might die trying?
My kids. That one is easy. It may not be a cause, but for my kids I would die and not blink twice and I know my Hubs would do the same. It's kind of crazy how you can love anything as much as your children.
|Granuaile (pulled from Kevin Hearne's blog via Hailey)|
5. What did you think of the final showdown between Atticus and Aenghus Óg? Did it go down the way you expected? Was there anything about their battle that surprised you?
I must say I was NOT expecting the reaper to show up. I mean I knew Atticus would win because how would the series continue without him, but I guess I thought Aenghus Óg would dispatch him himself. I really should have known better because the whole story proved time and again that Aenghus would use anything he could to get at them. I also didn't expect the cold fire to drain him so much. It was crazy how much that removed from the fight.
6. What was your favorite/least favorite part of Hounded? Who was your favorite/least favorite character?
My least favorite character would probably be Flidias. She's just a
Favorite characters would definitely include the widow, Mrs. MacDonagh and of course Granuaile! I just love her. Admittedly I've read the whole series up to date and I've talked to Kevin about her future with the series, but I just think she's such an awesome character. I love how she interacts with Atticus and how she just knows all this random information. She's just such a perfect fit in the story. LOVE HER!. (and I hope everyone knows it's a given that Atticus and Oberon are my favorites overall!!!)
7. What do you think is coming up next for Atticus? Will you continue reading this series, and if so, what do you hope to see happen in the next book?
I know what happens to Atticus through book 3 because, well....I've read them. LOL! But, I also can't wait to see what happens in Tricked. I mean, after how that last book ended I just can't wait. I'm sad they're going to be leaving AZ though. But Kevin assures me Tricked will be made of awesome. Plus, he's told me some other things and I'm rather excited to see them play out. Can't wait for Tricked!! *SQUEE*
What did everyone think of the read-a-long? I hope everyone had as much fun as we did! If you have any thing that you thought we could have done differently, would mind letting us know in the comment section? We're going to be doing more in the future and I always love input.
PS: If you have any questions for Kevin Hearne, Atticus, or Oberon post them in the comments! Kevin has agreed to answer your pressing questions: aka where do we get an Oberon? Anytime you think of one leave it during the read-a-long - we will gather them up and send them along to Kevin!
Read-alongers: If you have CAPTCHA on your blog, please consider turning it off (even for the day). With the new CAPTCHA system on Blogger, it is even more difficult and annoying to comment, especially if someone is trying to comment from a phone or tablet. Truth is, many commentors now skip over blogs with CAPTCHA. To keep commenting simple and fun for everyone, please turn CAPTCHA off. If you need insturctions on how to turn CAPTCHA off, visit this post: CAPTCHA: How to Eradicate Evil.
Looking for next week's questions? Go to The Unread Reader to grab them!
Hounded Discussion Schedule:March 02nd: Chapters 1-5 hosted by Geeky Blogger's Book Blog
March 09th: Chapters 6-10 hosted by On a Book Bender
March 16th: Chapters 11-15 hosted by Smash Attack Reads!
March 23rd: Chapters 16-20 hosted by In the Closet With a Bibliophile
March 30th: Chapters 21-25 + epilogue hosted by The Unread Reader
April 06th: Special interview with Kevin Hearne and announcement of winners!
Third Eye Tote Bag, a Sausage Fest Pint Glass, and a personalized, signed copy of any book in the Iron Druid Chronicles.
International participants: The giveaway is open to you as well (as long as The Book Depository delivers to your country), though the prize is limited to any book in the Iron Druid Chronicles (not signed).