Friday, March 30, 2012

HOUNDED Read-a-Long Chapters 21-25 + epilogue

Kiss Me, I'm Irish is a read-along of HOUNDED by Kevin Hearne, and hosted by Felicia of Geeky Blogger's Book Blog, Amanda of On a Book Bender, Ash of Smash Attack Reads!, Jen of In the Closet with a Bibliophile and me!

Week Four Discussion Questions: Chapters 21-25 + epilogue

1. In a moment of anger, Atticus reveals something about himself that he usually keeps very secret, for his own benefit. Has something similar ever happened to you? Have you ever spilled a closely guarded secret in a moment of excitement or anger or absent-mindedness?
Yes! Ug! I'm horrible at this kind of thing. It's usually when I get angry. I just start shooting off at the mouth and then I'm like AHHHH, NO! I can't really tell you about the secret because then, you know, that wouldn't be good. I did however spout off some things I was thinking once when I was really angry and let's just say they weren't the kind of things one should spout at their husband. LOL! Funny thing is I didn't even know I said them out loud until Hubs told me I did. OOOOOooops! ;)

2. Atticus tells Mrs. MacDonagh, "the universe is exactly the size that your soul can encompass. Some people live in extremely small worlds, and some live in a world of infinite possibility." Then he asks her what she is going to do with the new information she has discovered. What would you do if you found out that other beings were among us? Would you deny it or embrace it?
I've been wishing for AGES that things were other things among us. When I was young I was sure there were, now.....I'd like to think they are. Maybe that's sad. Oh well, I say EMBRACE!!

3. So far, Atticus has revealed a few of his powers and has even shared some power by putting bindings on Granuaile. What do you think has been his coolest or most helpful power so far?
I love his connection to the earth. I think it's so amazing that he can draw upon it's power to create and heal and to fight against others. I love that if he sleeps outside naked *waggles eyebrows* with his tattoos to the dirt that he can heal by morning. I just think the whole earth thing is awesome. I also love how he's proud to be a tree hugger. How in the book, Kevin Hearne has so amazingly balanced the need for power and the need to give back. I think it's important to the story line.

4. Atticus gets pretty pissed when he finds out that Aenghus Óg is drawing power from the Earth and, in turn, killing it. That's when Atticus decides he must fight the old Fae for committing such a heinous offense. What is something you would fight for, even if it meant you might die trying?
My kids. That one is easy. It may not be a cause, but for my kids I would die and not blink twice and I know my Hubs would do the same. It's kind of crazy how you can love anything as much as your children.

Granuaile (pulled from Kevin Hearne's blog via Hailey)

5. What did you think of the final showdown between Atticus and Aenghus Óg? Did it go down the way you expected? Was there anything about their battle that surprised you?
I must say I was NOT expecting the reaper to show up. I mean I knew Atticus would win because how would the series continue without him, but I guess I thought Aenghus Óg would dispatch him himself. I really should have known better because the whole story proved time and again that Aenghus would use anything he could to get at them. I also didn't expect the cold fire to drain him so much. It was crazy how much that removed from the fight.

6. What was your favorite/least favorite part of Hounded? Who was your favorite/least favorite character?
My least favorite character would probably be Flidias. She's just a bitch *clears throat* wench. I know all the other Gods and Goddesses are all tricky, but Flidias just rubs me wrong.

Favorite characters would definitely include the widow, Mrs. MacDonagh and of course Granuaile! I just love her. Admittedly I've read the whole series up to date and I've talked to Kevin about her future with the series, but I just think she's such an awesome character. I love how she interacts with Atticus and how she just knows all this random information. She's just such a perfect fit in the story. LOVE HER!. (and I hope everyone knows it's a given that Atticus and Oberon are my favorites overall!!!)

7. What do you think is coming up next for Atticus? Will you continue reading this series, and if so, what do you hope to see happen in the next book?
I know what happens to Atticus through book 3 because, well....I've read them. LOL! But, I also can't wait to see what happens in Tricked. I mean, after how that last book ended I just can't wait. I'm sad they're going to be leaving AZ though. But Kevin assures me Tricked will be made of awesome. Plus, he's told me some other things and I'm rather excited to see them play out. Can't wait for Tricked!! *SQUEE*
                                                                                                                                      

What did everyone think of the read-a-long? I hope everyone had as much fun as we did! If you have any thing that you thought we could have done differently, would mind letting us know in the comment section? We're going to be doing more in the future and I always love input. 

Thanks!!! *HUGS*
                                                                                                                                    

PS: If you have any questions for Kevin Hearne, Atticus, or Oberon post them in the comments! Kevin has agreed to answer your pressing questions: aka where do we get an Oberon? Anytime you think of one leave it during the read-a-long - we will gather them up and send them along to Kevin! 
                                                                                                                                      

Read-alongers: If you have CAPTCHA on your blog, please consider turning it off (even for the day). With the new CAPTCHA system on Blogger, it is even more difficult and annoying to comment, especially if someone is trying to comment from a phone or tablet. Truth is, many commentors now skip over blogs with CAPTCHA. To keep commenting simple and fun for everyone, please turn CAPTCHA off. If you need insturctions on how to turn CAPTCHA off, visit this post: CAPTCHA: How to Eradicate Evil.
                                                                                                                                     
Looking for next week's questions? Go to The Unread Reader to grab them!


Hounded Discussion Schedule:
March 02nd: Chapters 1-5 hosted by Geeky Blogger's Book Blog
March 09th: Chapters 6-10 hosted by On a Book Bender
March 16th: Chapters 11-15 hosted by Smash Attack Reads!
March 23rd: Chapters 16-20 hosted by In the Closet With a Bibliophile
March 30th: Chapters 21-25 + epilogue hosted by The Unread Reader
April 06th: Special interview with Kevin Hearne and announcement of winners!

What you could win:
Everyone who signs up for the read-along and participates each week will be entered for a chance to win one of three prizes. Best part: there will one winner per prize! The first name drawn will get first choice and so on. Wondering what's up for grabs? A Third Eye Tote Bag, a Sausage Fest Pint Glass, and a personalized, signed copy of any book in the Iron Druid Chronicles.

International participants: The giveaway is open to you as well (as long as The Book Depository delivers to your country), though the prize is limited to any book in the Iron Druid Chronicles (not signed).



17 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike, I too, picked Flidalis, my kids and the old widow. So that just proves we are destined to be great blogging buddies, if you come back, I miss your snarky commente on my blog and just miss your awesome posts. Anyway. I want to know what you yelled at your husband now. Ohh super excited to read more of this series.
    Thanks so much for hosting this read along. Lots of fun. Please hit me up to help with the next one. I am tossing around organizing one in August for Darynda Jones want to help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm horrible at yelling things when I'm angry. Not that I say horribly mean things, but I do indeed yell a lot.

      Blogging Buddies!

      Delete
  2. The battle didn't go down quite as I expected either. Like you I knew he'd win, but I thought their would be more hand to hand combat. I guess Aenghus Óg just could fight his own battles until the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aenghus is a chump. I think because I expected him to be all bad ass and then he kinda wasn't made it a surprise and I always like those kind of surprises.

      Delete
  3. I loved how Atticus is bound to the earth. The fact that he has to be naked in order to really connect with it is just an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds. Great minds. Too bad he was invisible. I think we need to see how that works. o_o

      Delete
  4. Huh, Flidias didn't bother me as much because I expected her to be a wench in the first place. The one that really irritates me is Brighard (sp?). I can't stand her, especially with what she pulled in book 2. AW man, we're leaving AZ?! Now I must find out why. Waiting for book 3 from the library-any day now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can embrace all you want as long as it isn't in the man harem. ;D LOL

    I think you want to hurt Atticus just so he will sleep on your lawn nekkid. Hm... I like how you think! ;)

    Loved the widow. I so want to meet her and befriend her. She just rocks. Of course, you know I also love Oberon. Flidias didn't bother me as much as the witches. However, she did tick me off for making Oberon her pawn. Yea... that was pretty crappy of her...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found out, through this read-along, that there is a short story out there told from Granuaile's POV. I need to read it. And I need to 'hear' her say that she has no interest whatsoever in Atticus, then I'll like her again. hehehee

    And I don't even have kiddos of my own yet, but I already love them more than anything. Weird huh. LOL

    Thanks for co-hosting with us, dollface, and for getting KH on board. You're awesome x 1000!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yeah--Flidias truly is a bitch! *sigh* Atticus and those bitchy women. They're going to be the death of him, truly. And the naked sleeping outside...nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flidias is the pits! Blah.

    Definitely adore Kevin's message re: being earth-friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol - oh I loved the naked earth thing... yess, I did very much.

    I LOVED this read-along and this book. Thanks to you and Heidi I'll never look at AZ the same again. At least not Papago Park. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved that Death showed up & laughed. I was already intrigued about the rest of the series, but now even more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. EMBRACE! Yep with you on that, there's a reason I read all these paranormal books:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dude!!! You've got to spill on what Kevin said about the future!!!! DM me on Twitter if you must but ya gotta spill! It's okay, I followed the series last summer so you won't spoil for me!!! I live for that type of direction authors give their readers at book signings, etc.!!! You do know you can show up at Rula Bula at, what, 6pm and still get a book signed and drink with Kevin, right??? You should totally try and go!!!

    Ya know, ever since I was a kid I always wanted there to be "others" out there, too!! I loved "Bewitched" and I tried soooooo hard to wiggle my nose b/c if I could, then I was a witch, too! Then came my obsession with Battlestar Galatica (the first one!!) and I wanted to have a robot dog!!

    And I'm still a total geek...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Jen

    Just came to sign up to your blog cos I want to keep in touch and I can't believe there's no comment here from me for last week. I don't know why that is. I'm pretty sure I commented but I am a bit of a raging idiot at times so it's quite possible I just messed it up! Anyway, I can't believe it - we're moving out of AZ! Well - I hope Kevin's not taking Atticus anywhere too cold - he won't be able to strip off and lie in the park anymore! Plus, I forgot about Flidais - she actually is definitely a WENCH! I thought she was going to be okay at first, mainly because she was okay with Oberon but then she was a totally nasty piece of work!
    Great readalong.
    Thanks
    Lynn :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haven't had a chance before to check out everyone's answers, but better late then never First things first, thanks for hosting this fabulous read-along. I will most definitely be joining you if you do more!

    Can't wait for Tricked too!!!! I'm sure it will be awesome!! Kevin Hearne is now one of my favourite authors!!! I loved so many of the characters in Hounded well wasn't keen on Flidais or Aenghus.

    It was great meeting you and all the other bloggers. I shall be checking in to lots of blogs to keep up with everyone!

    Thanks again for introducing me to read-alongs

    *hugs*

    Kate

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails