Thursday, April 19, 2012

MASQUERADE Read-a-Long Chapters 17-23 Week 3

Hi guys!  Today is week three of the read- along for Masquerade by Cambria Hebert. 


Masquerade Read Along ; April 1-April 28

Read Along Schedule

April 5th – Chapters 1-8 – hosted by Stephanie at Five Alarm book Reviews
April 12th – Chapters 8-16 – hosted by Candace at Candace’s Book Blog
April 19th- Chapters 16-24 –hosted by Heidi at Rainy Day Ramblings
April 26th Chapters 24-31 – hosted by Veronica at Mostly Reviews
May 3rd – Announcement of Giveaway Winners – hosted by the author – http://www.cambriahebert.com

1. Heven’s mother has definite ideas about Heven and her scars – what they mean – and their relationship is strained. Do you think their relationship can be saved?
In all honesty, I don't see how. Anyone who would ever think that about their daughter, I don't see her changing her mind. Thinking your daughter is marked by evil because she is a sinner...THAT'S FREAKING INSANE. Really, I don't see their relationship being saved. Mostly because Heven's mom thinks she is totally right. She loves her daughter, but she really thinks she needs to be "saved". That's not something that ever just disappears.
2. Sam tells Heven about how he came to be living on his own, how his parents kicked him out after he became what he is. He doesn’t seem angry though, he seems to accept it. Would you be angry? Do you think he should be?
Come on my lovely readers! You know I'd be HELLA MAD!  Seriously. You should all know by now that I'm an angry person by nature. No, seriously, if I could pick the personality trait about myself that I most dislike, it would be my anger. I have a hard time forgiving and I remember things FOR-EV-AH! I know this is a horrible trait. I really do. I'm currently very angry at my father and unless things change, I will be mad at him until the day I die. Again, I'm not saying this is a good thing. But, it answers the question, that yes, I'd be angry. I think Sam should feel however he wants. He's a better person than I!
3. During these chapters, Heven and Sam visit the Inbetween and meet Airis (aka The Hope). Were you surprised by this series of events? Do you think a place like the InBetween really exists?
I was not surprised by the series of events. Personally, I don't see how you could honestly kill off the main character in the middle of a book. It almost never happens. And, I don't necessarily believe in the InBetween, but I believe in something a little different and not so bare and white. LOL!
4. When Heven’s scars are no longer a part of her and she says “she no longer recognizes herself” – do you think that the absence of her scar will change her once more?
Not really. I think she realized a lot of stuff before her scars were removed. Then again, every thing we go through in our lives, every event, every hurt and every happiness, it shapes our lives. How it shapes them, I have no idea, but I know it does. It changes the way we see things, it helps our perspectives develop - hopefully - into one that is broader and a bit more colorful. 
5. Gran is very accepting of Heven and of Sam. Do you think that she understands more – knows more than she lets on about Heven’s life or do you think her love is just unconditional?
  I think that it's kind of both. I get this feeling that besides her love definitely being unconditional, she just knows Heven so well and she's not stupid. I guess I look at my own kids and when they grow up, they won't know all the things I've done in my life, but those things will help me look at them and see between the lines. I think that every child needs to grow on their own. The parent/grandparent is there to lead and guide them, but in the end, the child makes their choices. I think Heven's grandma gets that.
                                                                                                                                  

Attention participants: If you have CAPTCHA on your blog, please consider turning it off (even for the day) to help make commenting simple and fun for everyone. If you need instructions on how to turn CAPTCHA off, visit this post: CAPTCHA: How to Eradicate Evil.

 

6 comments:

  1. Hello lovely, feel better. Great amswers as always. I hope that somehow it all gets worked out with Heven and her mom. Anger and grudges are never a good thing, they fester and grow and turn into heavy baggage that weighs you down. I know I carried my own for awhile and then let it go. Not easy but it can be done.
    i hope you get there too. I loved your answer to the last one. I hope to god someday I am as wonderful of a role model as my own grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!! I was hoping you would post today!
    Angry by nature?? LOL. Well I can understand that. Im not really angry by nature but when I get mad I hold a grudge forever and I don't forgive easily at all. You know that screw me once shame on you.... screw mw twice shame on me... yeah... I'm not into shame on me. LOL. I'd rather just never speak to you again. he he he.
    I'm not saying that like I am proud of it either but its what it is. I work on it.
    Love your response about Gran. I think you are right she is older and wise and the fact that her experiences will help (and all parents) see between the lines with their own children is really insightful.
    Glad you weren't surprised about Heven... no you can't really kill off a main chracter but maybe one day I will just for the shock factor!!! HA HA HA HA
    Anyway, thanks for posting! Love your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be like that. I had a major temper and got in a lot of fight (technically I kicked a lot of ass - lol), but I got over it. I don't know, I just felt like it was too draining and not worth it. I just ignore a lot of people now. Haha. I would've been SUPER pissed though, if that was my mom saying crap liked that. Eff her and her camp. Heven is old enough to make the decision on where to live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These parents SUCK. Both of these kids are way better than I in the their reaction. Maybe they haven't tapped into their INNER RAGE yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not good parenting here. Oh this sounds like a book that would have me throwing it across the room on occasion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do think that Heven's mother could change her mind. There is something damaged about Heven's mom to make her cling to religion in such a way. I am wondering if we will find out what it is and see her heal and get it right with her daughter. Maybe not though. Maybe she is just wacky. Great answers.

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails