Masquerade Read Along ; April 1-April 28
Read Along Schedule
April 5th – Chapters 1-8 – hosted by Stephanie at Five Alarm book Reviews
April 12th – Chapters 8-16 – hosted by Candace at Candace’s Book Blog
April 19th- Chapters 16-24 –hosted by Heidi at Rainy Day Ramblings
April 26th Chapters 24-31 – hosted by Veronica at Mostly Reviews
May 3rd – Announcement of Giveaway Winners – hosted by the author – http://www.cambriahebert.com
Final discussion questions
1. Heven develops a new “supernatural power”. She remarks that it isn’t that exciting of a power. Is this a power you would like to have, if not what kind of supernatural power would you like to have?In all honesty, I have no idea what power I'd like to have. I had to think about this one day on our last read-a-long (i think). I do think it would be awesome to have Evie from Out of This World's powers. I'd love to be able to slow time and rewind and fast forward it. I'd also love to be able to travel to destinations.
As for the real question, I think seeing auras would be pretty kick ass. Heven is always so quick to whine. Sorry Hev, but sometimes things aren't glamorous. Sometimes they are small and in their own way totally made of awesome and WIN.
2. Which character do you think makes the biggest internal change throughout the course of this book? Is there a situation in your life that you can reflect back on as an experience that changed your life for the better?
I would indeed say Heven. I think because she realizes everything about her life and what is actually important. I'd like to say the others made some kind of growing, but looking back, the only one who seemed to grow was Heven. She realized that she didn't have to be pretty to fit in and that in the end, it's not actually important.
I would say that living through depression and heartache taught me a huge lesson. It taught me that I was wonderful all on my own. I didn't need anyone to make me that way. It taught me that I'm strong enough to take care of myself. It taught me that I can do anything if I put my mind to it. I think that's a huge lesson to learn. I think too many girls think they need a man (or woman?) to complete them. I complete myself and Hubs and my kiddos are just added in for nutritional value. LOL! ;) (I love my kids to death, fyi)
3. Who is your favorite character and why?I have 2. One of my favorite characters is Gran. She just has this way of knowing things and knowing what Heven needs to hear. My sisters are that for me and sometimes you just need to hear that everything is going to be okay, even if it isn't. It's the line that helps us through the mire of crap we have to wade to in order to find the freaking fun. Or whatever. LOL!
My second fav is Cole. Yeah, he does a stupid thing in the beginning, but he really is sweet and you can tell he cares for those around him. He is generally worried about taking care of people and making sure they are okay.
As I sidenote, I don't date stalkers, but I'd jump Sam any day. He's hot.
4. When the book ends the reader has an idea of what the next book will involve. Do you think the book ended in the appropriate place?I'm not sure. In all honesty, who am I to decide? I am glad that it wasn't some dastardly cliff hanger. I'm glad that I kind of know where all my characters left off. Then again, sometimes I like a little more of an open ending when reading middle books or YA. In this instance, I do think it worked the way it was. I like that I know we get to go international. Although, I kinda already knew because Cambria told me. LOL!
5. Do you have any predictions for the next book in the series, Charade?I actually don't have a one. I have a small feeling that Kimber is going to make some really stupid decisions. I also have a feeling that Heven is going to do the same thing while trying to protect Sam and it's going to force her into a really bad situation. But, I think Cambria does a good job at keeping me guessing about the plot line.
6. Did you enjoy participating in this read along? Will you join in future read alongs?Oh, you know me! I'm a read-a-long addict! Our next read-a-long happens in June and it's going to be pretty epic. You know that Jen - that'd be me - and the rest of the chicks are kinda nuts and the Zombie Queen herself is participating in this event of awesomeness! So, you better all be back. Hopefully by June my participation will be more on the dot. A girl can hope! :)
But, just to let you know, I did enjoy this read-a-long and I ended up really liking the book. Stalking aside. ;) I do hope to see more development of our side characters in future books though! Maybe Kimber will nice up.