Masquerade Read Along ; April 1-April 28
Read Along Schedule
April 5th – Chapters 1-8 – hosted by Stephanie at Five Alarm book Reviews
April 12th – Chapters 8-16 – hosted by Candace at Candace’s Book Blog
Rainy Day Ramblings
April 26th Chapters 24-31 – hosted by Veronica at Mostly Reviews
May 3rd – Announcement of Giveaway Winners – hosted by the author – http://www.cambriahebert.com
1. Sam is admittedly drawn to Heven before they even meet. Why do think this is?
I guess because she's hot....??? Okay, maybe not that, but in all honesty, I don't know. I never really understood why he was so transfixed with her. My only guess would be that destiny brought them together. The only problem is I don't believe in destiny and fate and me have never been friends. So, yet again, I'm at a loss.
But, to be fair here are my only real feelings on the matter. Sometimes you just are. Sometimes people radiate personality, emotion and energy and certain people are drawn to others in that way. I imagine that's what it was for Sam.
2. In an earlier chapter The Hope states that Sam must prove himself. During these chapters Sam does some things – bad things – (covering up murder, fighting, hiding a body, etc.) all to protect Heven and his true identity. Do you think he was right to do these things?
Let's be honest here, I function under a totally different life event than Sam has. Not that my life has been cake, but he has been emancipated from his parents for a while now. That doesn't just happen without some bad crap going down. He's alone. He's sad. He just wants to keep Heven safe. He really and truly cares for her in his own way. I'd say according to my moral code that except for the hiding a body thing (because as a parent I'd want to know my daughter was dead and not a runaway!!!) I think the fighting is something he did right.
But, you all should remember from last week that I'm a fighter by nature. I'm all about the protecting and arguing and yes...the revenge. So, I think that Sam's moral compass points him east, between good and bad. ;)
3. In chapter twelve Kimber says some thing’s to Heven that make the reader wonder about their friendship. Do you think there is any truth to Kimber’s drunken confessions? If so where do you think Heven and Kimber’s friendship goes from here?
Doooood!! I think Kimber meant EXACTLY what she said. I really liked Kimber up until that point. Some people are a little exuberant, vain and selfish in their thinking. I should know, I'm one of them. I could relate to Kimber up until that point.
My best friend in high school was always more popular than me. But you know what, I NEVER wished anything bad on her. She was an amazing friend and sometimes life is just the way it is. Kimber was a bitch to say the things she did and I wish Heven wouldn't have been so forgiving. I think their relationship will go exactly as it is now. With Sam taking up more and more of Heven's time and Kimber being in Heven's life to the extent that Sam isn't.
4. Heven is changing, becoming more confident. Do you think that after something like this (her accident and disfigurement) happens to someone that she can ever go back to the person she was before? Do you think she will want to?
No, she will NEVER be the person she was before. That's the point of trials. To test you and make you better. Who would want to go back to being what they were before a hardship? Oh the things I know now at 28 that I didn't know in high school. I would never trade the pain back to be the person I was in high school. Sometimes life's a bitch, but we become better people out of it. I think Heven learns that lesson eventually and she wouldn't want to be the person she was Before.
5. Toward the end of these set of chapters, Heven finds out Sam’s secret, who he really is. She has a strong reaction. Do you think you would react the same way? Why or why not?
|From Ghost Theory|
I would be a bit scared at first over the giant toothed hound that was just my BF, but after I realized that I was living in a paranormal world, I'd don my leather and learn to kick some ass. Sometimes, I think Heven whines too much about her predicament. So many people want to be different and really special and Heven just complains about it. I'd think it was cool. I'm kind of a nerd though.