Thursday, April 12, 2012

MASQUERADE Read-a-Long Chapters 8-16 Week 2

Hi guys!  Today is week two of the read- along for Masquerade by Cambria Hebert. 


Masquerade Read Along ; April 1-April 28

Read Along Schedule

April 5th – Chapters 1-8 – hosted by Stephanie at Five Alarm book Reviews
April 12th – Chapters 8-16 – hosted by Candace at Candace’s Book Blog

 April 19th- Chapters 16-24 –hosted by Heidi at Rainy Day Ramblings
April 26th Chapters 24-31 – hosted by Veronica at Mostly Reviews
May 3rd – Announcement of Giveaway Winners – hosted by the author – http://www.cambriahebert.com

Chapters 8-16 

1. Sam is admittedly drawn to Heven before they even meet. Why do think this is?


 I guess because she's hot....??? Okay, maybe not that, but in all honesty, I don't know. I never really understood why he was so transfixed with her. My only guess would be that destiny brought them together. The only problem is I don't believe in destiny and fate and me have never been friends. So, yet again, I'm at a loss.

But, to be fair here are my only real feelings on the matter. Sometimes you just are. Sometimes people radiate personality, emotion and energy and certain people are drawn to others in that way. I imagine that's what it was for Sam.

2. In an earlier chapter The Hope states that Sam must prove himself. During these chapters Sam does some things – bad things – (covering up murder, fighting, hiding a body, etc.) all to protect Heven and his true identity. Do you think he was right to do these things?

Let's be honest here, I function under a totally different life event than Sam has. Not that my life has been cake, but he has been emancipated from his parents for a while now. That doesn't just happen without some bad crap going down. He's alone. He's sad. He just wants to keep Heven safe. He really and truly cares for her in his own way. I'd say according to my moral code that except for the hiding a body thing  (because as a parent I'd want to know my daughter was dead and not a runaway!!!) I think the fighting is something he did right.

But, you all should remember from last week that I'm a fighter by nature. I'm all about the protecting and arguing and yes...the revenge. So, I think that Sam's moral compass points him east, between good and bad. ;)

3. In chapter twelve Kimber says some thing’s to Heven that make the reader wonder about their friendship. Do you think there is any truth to Kimber’s drunken confessions? If so where do you think Heven and Kimber’s friendship goes from here?

Doooood!! I think Kimber meant EXACTLY what she said. I really liked Kimber up until that point. Some people are a little exuberant, vain and selfish in their thinking. I should know, I'm one of them. I could relate to Kimber up until that point.

My best friend in high school was always more popular than me. But you know what, I NEVER wished anything bad on her. She was an amazing friend and sometimes life is just the way it is. Kimber was a bitch to say the things she did and I wish Heven wouldn't have been so forgiving. I think their relationship will go exactly as it is now. With Sam taking up more and more of Heven's time and Kimber being in Heven's life to the extent that Sam isn't.  

4. Heven is changing, becoming more confident. Do you think that after something like this (her accident and disfigurement) happens to someone that she can ever go back to the person she was before? Do you think she will want to?

No, she will NEVER be the person she was before. That's the point of trials. To test you and make you better. Who would want to go back to being what they were before a hardship? Oh the things I know now at 28 that I didn't know in high school. I would never trade the pain back to be the person I was in high school. Sometimes life's a bitch, but we become better people out of it. I think Heven learns that lesson eventually and she wouldn't want to be the person she was Before.  

5. Toward the end of these set of chapters, Heven finds out Sam’s secret, who he really is. She has a strong reaction. Do you think you would react the same way? Why or why not? 

From Ghost Theory
So......I've been telling people about this part because I thought Heven SO OVERREACTED!  I mean, she gets over the stalking thing really fast, but she can't get over the hellhound thing. Yah, he's kind of scary at first, but after he explains it, I just don't see what the big deal was. I mean, sometimes secrets are secrets for a reason. You can't go around telling everyone. And then sometimes, in your head, those secrets become so huge you don't want to tell anyone. He was always a hellhound, but he is also STILL SAM. I think it took her too damn long to realize that. I would have been more upset about the stalking thing. It's creepy how much he used to watch her before he had to protect her from China. Seriously Sam, I love you hunny, but stalking IS NOT OKAY. Just saying.

I would be a bit scared at first over the giant toothed hound that was just my BF, but after I realized that I was living in a paranormal world, I'd don my leather and learn to kick some ass. Sometimes, I think Heven whines too much about her predicament. So many people want to be different and really special and Heven just complains about it. I'd think it was cool. I'm kind of a nerd though.

                                                                                                                                  

Attention participants: If you have CAPTCHA on your blog, please consider turning it off (even for the day) to help make commenting simple and fun for everyone. If you need instructions on how to turn CAPTCHA off, visit this post: CAPTCHA: How to Eradicate Evil.

 


8 comments:

  1. Great answers!!! Reall insightful and they made me smile. I think your answer to number one is great! Sometimes people just are. And girl... don some leather and kick some ass!!! AWESOME! Heven totally should! I personally think Hev over reacted a bit too to Sam's secret but hey I like to be dramatic. LOL!!!!!
    What would upset me the most is the lying. Course I get why he lied too.
    I get your feelings about Kimber too. At first she just does seem a little self centered... but yeah, I think as the book evolves people get a better read on how Kimber really is...
    anyway, I love your answers, they are great! Thanks for the fab post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drama is in my repertoire, but I'd like to think I put it into my words. LOL! I'm really curious to see what happens in Charade. I wonder what Italy will bring and I want to see what Kimber will do. Plus, Cole...I want to hear more about him.

    And, consider me donned in leather and kicking ass. That's how I am in my head. LMAO! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the fighting and stuff I don't have a problem with, but hiding that girls body because he didn't want to talk to the cops - not cool at all.

    lol - and I would so be more pissed about the stalking than the hellhound part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so funny. I love that you are dishing out some very good advice to Sam about stalking. LOL Great answers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is that there is NO WAY you were less popular than your BF! You rock!

    I'm getting to really want to read this book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that she WAY overreacted! I agree that the stalking was a bit more crazy.
    I don't really get the instant attraction either but I guess she sent out vibes that drew him to her? I'll just think of it that way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huggles back, miss your face too, family is still here so I have been off the blogosphere this week. i see you wrote a review I will pop back over and read it as soon as I can. Love your answers. Yes, life can be a bitch but take those bad experiences, own them and grow from them and you are right you look back and say that sucked asss but now I am a better person. Yeah, I liked Kimber but she is now a b'yotch! I don't know if I would react like you or Heven. I would run like hell first and then ask questions. I can see you in your leather thing cracking your whip! I am so glad you are on this read along you make me laugh! I love read along days cause I know I will be getting a blog comment from one of my new fav blog buddies. Miss your face on my blog. I see you are reading the zombie book for the next one, please let me know what I can do to help you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha! Hope nobody is stalking you or they could be in for it!

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails