Thursday, May 31, 2012

Married With Zombies Week 1 - Chapters 1-5


So starts Week one of the Scavenger Hunt! Enjoy! For all those who need details and want to participate, click the giant button above! (Or on my sidebar!)
*HUGGLES THE ZOMBIE LOVERS/KILLERS*

Scavenger Hunt Schedule:

Week1: Chapters 1-5 (June 1st) - Jen @ In the Closet With a Bibliophile
Week2: Chapters 6-10 (June 8th) - Ashley @ The Bookish Brunette
Week3: Chapters 11-15 (June 15th) - Loretta @ Between the Pages
Week4: Chapters 16-20 (June 22nd) - Tina @ Tina's Book Reviews
Week5: Chapters 21-26 (June 29th) - Missie @ The Unread Reader
                                                                                                                    

1. In chapter 2 Sarah has to put her marriage therapist "to rest" with a letter opener. Let's see your weaponized letter opener in mid-action! No letter opener? Think fast! You need to rescue your friend/significant other! What are you going to use when no actual weapons are available? No knives, no guns! Show me what you've got!  
 Dang strait that's my "Soft Grip" letter opener. I'm going to do some damage!

2.  In chapter 2 Sarah is wrestling with Dr. Kelly and David can't seem to find a weapon to help his dear wife with. Until...Sarah yells at him to use something on Dr. Kelly's body, which he grabs and smashes into her head. I want to see your most killer pair of this item!
I know! Weak! I couldn't find my high heels and I don't even own stilletos...*cries* I don't think I could kill a zombie with these unless they were still on my foot and I was kicking it in the head!

3. In chapter 3, Sarah hears an unexpected noise in the bathroom while she's nervously peeing. She grabs "the closest thing there was to a weapon in the room". I want a picture of the same type of item that is closest to you....no soft edges people. They won't do the brain damage necessary to kill the living dead. 
This pic sucks cause I took it myself, but you all know that Lola can kick any zombie's ass!

4. At the end of chapter 5, Dave gives Sarah a weapon just before they are leaving their apartment to pay a little visit to Jack & Amanda's apartment. Let's see a picture of yours (same type of item).
Sooo....Do I look like a crazy psycho who will murder you in your sleep? GOOD! *wink*

I'll have you know this thing is REALLY heavy! "D" batteries are crazy zombie killers!

5.  How do you feel about the book up to this point? Any thoughts you want to share? 
I'm really loving it and admittedly I'm kind of wishing for the Zombie Apocalypse in the hours in can help my marriage. ;) But really, I love the humor and I really like all the characters. I'm exited to see where it all goes!







                                                                           

33 comments:

  1. Can I huggle your face? I love that first pic and your expression! LOVE!

    You are adorable and I think we need to take a class on how to walk in heels! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird thing is I used to be able to walk in heels, but then I got pregnant and lost all balancing function. Damn fetus! jk

      And you can huggle my face as long as I can HUGGLE YOURS!

      Delete
  2. That letter opener picture looks truly terrifying and you could definitely cause some hurt with that torch!
    Love these pics!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I once dropped that flashlight on my foot. I KILLED!

      Delete
  3. I didn't have a letter opener so I was thinking of using a nail filer, but then I found a better weapon....lol. I love that you're so animated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the different ideas! Did you see the Bookish Brunette brandishing a pair of scissors? I almost died laughing. Best. Pic. Ever.

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to see where it's going to go too. I'm sadly deficient in the stiletto category too. Me & my Crocs...my feet won't hurt when I'm running away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but will they fall off? LOL! Yes, I don't have a tough shoes. Let's hope Hubs boots can do damage.

      Delete
  5. I am so the flat-shoe girl period. I can't walk in heels to save my life!

    Oh also I did update my post ---last night I was having internet issues and I couldn't get pictures to load *sigh* Needless to say they are all from work this morning LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering what happened...And I took most of mine yesterday and by myself. My 3 yo isn't skilled with my camera phone. LOL!

      Delete
  6. LOL- loving the shoes! I didn't have stilettos either....but my super rubber soles can do some damage. First picture CLASSIC.....you need to scan that on a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! And then I should pass it out to everyone to sleep with! Because my head is awesome and should be shared. LOL! And rubber soles would indeed hurt.

      Delete
    2. OMGah **laughing with cramps**....it would be like the next RPatz pillows...you could be like a gazillionaire selling your face all over the matress world.

      Delete
    3. *ponders takeover of mattress world* I would enjoy being a billionaire. LOL!

      Delete
  7. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that's not a huge fan of high heels... although maybe I should get a pair, just in case!

    Love your spooky flashlight pic btw :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was like...how am I going to take this picture and not look like a doof. LOL! I figured I'd shine it on my face. I think I need a scary face.

      Delete
  8. I love that letter opener pic!! Ha!! Scary flash light face pic!!
    This is epic!

    =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seriously is! I was giggling so hard looking at the different sights I was about to die. Love it!

      Delete
  9. Ha ha! I love the picture of you brandishing your letter opener in front of your door. That ought to scare away your neighbors! Probably want to scare them away because apartment neighbors in Phoenix are a pain in the ass!!! I am glad you are hosting this so you have to be on your blog because I miss your face! I am glad I am not the only one without stilettos. Lola and the Boy Next Door that does't pack a wallop girl you need something heavy duty!!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is actually my balcony which was even more fun because people kept staring at me as they walked/drove by. I rock. LOL!

      Delete
  10. Aw poor Lola is going to get covered in mushy brains! Use Anna instead because her character bothers me lol.

    Great pictures although those cute flats don't have a heel to kill a zombie with they are probably better on your feet while running away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO! I was thinking the same thing, about Lola getting covered in guts. Especially since that was a signed copy, but it was my closest book.

      Delete
  11. Dude!!! You have SERIOUSLY rocked my face off with how awesome this read-a-long is!!!!!

    No stilettos?!?! Christmas present!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How awesome would that be! I love stilettos and blame husband for the lack thereof. I used to have a sexy pair of wedges and I lost them during a pregnancy. I think I lost my mind too.

      Delete
  12. OMG, this is HILARIOUS! I'm reading all the responses at all the blogs and I SO want to post my own answers. LOL But I feel that would be intruding, so I'll just keep giggling to myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should TOTALLY do it chick!!!

      Delete
    2. I'm with Ash, you totally should! I'd love to see you rocking the zombie killing. ;)

      Delete
  13. Okay, so I just posted my picture for question one on my Facebook. figured that was the best way to reach the most readers to pop over here. You can see my answer to the first question here: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/AuthorJessePetersen

    I'll post my answers to the rest throughout the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! *dies laughing* That pic is seriously awesome! And I will never look at ceramic cats the same way again. LOL!

      Delete
  14. Just posted my answer to the second question on Facebook, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just posted mine finally. Ahhh, I hate sharing the computer. Nonetheless, this was fun. I love you letter opener pic. That thing is epic. Now I feel the need to get one, it could come in handy. Epic post, thank you for sharing your awesome pics.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cupcake! You are so adorable and I just want to eat you up!!! (please get your mind out of the gutter)

    Look at those shoes, so cute. I can definitely see you kicking some Zombie's face in with those. And I love how you are actually in the close with a book. Now I'm jealous of that book. (get your mind back in the gutter)

    LOL

    Thanks for coming up with such a great idea for this read-along. I love the pictures/scavenger hunt thing. And thanks for the extra help. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails