Friday, July 6, 2012

Chapter 1-6 - Fairy Metal Thunder Read-a-Long

Questions for Chapter 1-6 of Fairy Metal Thunder:

1. At the beginning of the story, the Assorted Zebras are just a garage band, but they are expecting to make it big. Who knows, you just might find yourself at one of their concerts someday. Until then, show me your favorite concert t-shirt. It could be a picture of a concert you actually attended or a pic of a vintage tee of your favorite band. Be sure to tell me the story behind the tee.
 Totally odd thing about me is I don't own a single band t-shirt. *cries* I've actually wanted one for a long time, but never got one. Anyway, Linkin Park still remains one of my favorite bands, so I'd probably go for something like this. Pink hair included.

2. Jason’s mom forces him to agree to do some yard work for Mrs. Dullahan, which wouldn’t be so bad if she wasn’t rumored to be a witch. Tell me about the worst chore you were ever forced to do. Who make you do it? Bonus points if you have a picture to share of you doing the dirty work.
 Growing up (and still to this day) I hate unloading dishes. I blame this on the fact that it involves moving all around the kitchen. I'm lazy, what can I say. LOL! Although, growing up I used to have to clean all the bathrooms and I hated it because the upstairs bathroom was always gross. I blame my brothers. Boys are seriously so dirty, sometimes.

3. Uh oh! There seems to be a jewelry thief in the neighborhood. Have you have had anything stolen from you? Or have you ever lost something precious? Did you ever find it? Make a Reward if Found poster for the stolen or lost item. Convince us to find it for you. Make the reward good!

 I can't for the life of me remember losing anything other than my keys. I once lost myself in a mall when I was like 6ish, and I know I at one point lost $10 (which I found out 15 years later my cousin stole, LOL!)

4. In Faerie, Jason declares himself as Jason the Guy Who Wants That Necklace Back. Weird, but then again every name has a meaning. What does your name mean? What is the origin? Do you go by any kind of nicknames? How did you get that nickname?

My name, Jennifer, means "White Wave" or "White, Fair, etc..." which kind of fits nice as I'm fair skinned. Even living in Arizona I'm not a tan person. I don't really burn, but I don't go out into the sun much either. My only nickname is from my dad and it's Nikki. My middle name is Nicole. He is the ONLY one who has ever called me that. :D Everyone else calls me, Jenny or Jen.
 
5. When Jason gets home from his all night adventures through Fairy, his parents unfairly ground him for a month! Care to share a time you were grounded by your parents for no good reason?

See, I was one of those really good kids who never got grounded. This is no joke. I was the girl who say homes most nights (not that I'd really like to rehash), so nothing really to sneak off to. But, when I was 8 years old I slapped my little sister across the face and then tried to lie about it. Being that she had a red welt on her cheek, my lie didn't pan out. Sooooooo, I got grounded. Oops. LOL! And that's my grounding offense.

Remember: You will be able to link up your Week One answers on July 6th! I can’t wait to see what you come up with.

19 comments:

  1. Oh, heck yeah! Linkin Park FTW! I wish I had that super-soft, ancient concert tee but...I don't have an old one. Some new ones (old bands on tour like The Police) but no oldies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like I could shake down your cousin for $10 & and end up with a homemade pie from you...pretty good deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt you could shake her down. She's tough as nails. But funny thing is that I didn't know she stole it until one day I get this card from her 15 years later with $10 in and a note telling me that she stole it and she was sorry. HAHAHA! We were both adults and I hadn't even remembered.

      Although, I spaced it, someone stole our ancient diesel Mercedes when I lived in Albania. They used it to transport hashish across the Greek border. Freaking Albanians.

      Delete
  3. Oh Jen you are so good!!! I was grounded every other day for a bunch of stupid shit. I know hate mini-blinds, rarely make my bed, I stay up super late and I drink tons of pop...all stuff I was grounded for. Thanks parents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, yup. I do all sorts of things my parents and my husband tell me not to for the sure reason that they told me not to do it. People should figure this shit out. LOL! And your mini blind story had me giggling and sad all at the same time.

      Delete
  4. We may have lived twin lives:

    1) Woohoo!! Linkin Park fans UNITE *fist bump* They're one of my favorite bands evar and I've seen them in concert a bunch of times. If you ever get the chance to see them live, DO IT...they're amazing live! My response to that question was also from an LP concert.

    2) I HATE unloading dishes...I'd load them INTO The dishwaser, but they'll stay in there a week if you leave it up to me to take them out, lol

    3) You lost your sanity, I lost my patience! *shrug*

    Skipping to 5) I was one of those good kids too. I was pretty scared of getting in trouble so I never snuck out or lied much. The time I did get grounded also had to do with my younger siblings...tattletalers!

    Glad to get to know you a little better :)
    ♥Isalys / Book Soulmates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously!

      I love LP. I once saw them in concert and I just love them. That was the best concert of my life. Plus, Korn opened for them and I'd like to make sweet love to their drummer. LOL!

      Younger siblings love to tattle tell. My parents had to make a no tattle telling rule. Best. Day. Of. My. Life. *evil laugh*

      Delete
  5. I hate unloading the dishwasher too! I always have to sweet talk T into doing it. LOL.
    My middle name is Nicole too. I've never been called Nicki but mom has always called me Noodle, which I think she got from Nicole...????? Now T calls me Noodle. *sigh*

    I love the story about your lost money! My mom has a similar story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband calls me Chupa which is in no way related to my name. LOL! It means 'girl' in Albanian and how that ended up as my nickname I'm not sure. I call him Chuni which means 'boy' in Albanian. If he calls me by my name it's weird. :)

      Delete
  6. My sister and I used to fight at times too. We'd always try to hide it because we know we'd both be in trouble, but my parents always knew.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I grew up with three brothers and I agree, boys are very very dirty!
    I wish you luck on finding your sanity...do we get pie just for looking for it, cause I totally did (I wants pie) ;D

    :) Aeicha
    Word Spelunking

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd totally go to a Linkin' Park concert with you!! We would totally rock it. Maybe I'll go with purple hair tho...

    I do think there is a key fairy that hides those things no matter where we put them. I just know it!!

    Btw, I think it was your cousin who stole your $10 that slapped your sister. Do I get my pie now??? *holds out hand with empty plate*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dooooood! We would so rock it! this needs to happen. I'll go with blue hair, you can go with purple and we'll persuade Missie to go with her pink hair. It will be a rainbow of rock fun.

      And, if you make it to AZ, you get pie!! ;)

      Delete
  9. Linkin Park ROCK! Good luck on finding your sanity, I think I lost mine a while ago, but being sane is so overrated, lol!
    I might just be able to steal back your $10 though, doesn't that at least mean I can get half the pie! I totally agree about boys being dirty, living with them isn't exactly the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Linkin Park!! OMG I so got lost at the mall when I was little too. I hid in a clothing rack from my mom. I'm surprised to see that so many of us were good girls. I was for the most part except a few times. lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm starting to think that all of us bookish folk are a bunch of goody two shoes, lol. Not too surprising really. Too busy reading to get into trouble, right?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! I was always reading. My parents never monitored my sleeping so I'd stay up late and read and go to school half dead. LOL!

      Delete
  12. Soooo, Nikki, eh? Interesting. Can I call you J-Nic! Like J-Lo, only cooler. LOL.

    And really! Slapping sisters across the face is so fun. I should know. Why should anyone get in trouble for it? LOL

    Okay, now I just called myself out as a sister beater. I swear, those days are behind me.

    P.S. I love Linkin Park

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also HATE unloading the dishwasher. I still hate it! Especially since I had to do it like every day. My sanity is long gone as well. :-D

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails