The Fairy Metal Thunder Read-Along & Scavenger Hunt is hosted by Kelly of Reading the Paranormal, Tina of Tina’s Book Reviews, Jen of In the Closet With a Bibliophile and me.
Join in on the book discussions at anytime. Follow THIS LINK for more details and to sign up. Anyone who participates will have a chance to win the complete Songs of Magic series!
1. In the beginning of chapter 14, poor Jason is having a tough time at work. Its busy, people are rude, there are hot girls talking to him, big lady's are about to starve, all in all bad work day. So tell us about a time when you had to deal with a pushy customer or rude behavior, did you freak, keep it together, throw a slawburger?
Okay, I used to work as the office manager for an auto mechanic. Part of my job involved informing customers what was wrong with their cars before did the work or telling them what we did when we were done fixing it. The thing that sucked about it, was that most customers did not listen to me when I would tell them what was wrong with their cars because I'm a female. They'd want to talk to someone else, and being that I was the only female, this meant a man. One would come out, say the EXACT same thing I said and the customer would believe them. I think on one occasion, no one else was available to talk to at the time and a customer got really pissed at me. Wouldn't believe what I was saying. So when the owner was finally able to come out, he said the exact same thing I had and customer went away happy. Asshat.
2. In chapter 16 Jason is getting ready to shoot his rocking music video and perform for a crowd. Have you ever made a rock video, been in a play or anything that shows you doing something with musical talent? Extra points if you want to show us.
I've never done anything of the sort *snorts* Okay, when I was younger I may have tap recorded my lovely singing voice on a karaoke machine. And then in Jr. high I think there was a sing a long music video with my friend and lots of dancing. Lucky for me, all such things have been destroyed. :)
3. Speaking of videos, the boys have a little chat about Steven Spielberg in chapter 17, what is your favorite Spielberg movie? Can't think of one...well then tell us about one of your favorite Sci-fi movies.
Spielberg movies, I'd have to go with Indiana Jones (and the Temple of Doom is my favorite Indie movie. But I do love me some Sean Connery!) and Jurassic Park. That's if we're only talking about movies he directed.
4. At the end of Chapter 17 the guys say bye to Dred who is getting ready to move, did you ever have to start over in a new school or new place when you were in highschool? Was it good, bad...horrible?
I lived in the same house since the time I was 1 year old until I left for college. Going from Jr. High to High School was difficult for me, but school in general sucked...hard. That's all.
5. If you had a pet Unicorn what would you name it?
See, this one is hard for me because there are so many good names for a pet unicorn. I think I'd probably go ironic though, or just name him/her something very unexpected. Maybe Sabastian, especially if it was a red unicorn. If it was a girl, I'd go with Stevey. Or something like that. :)
1. Grizelmore the Goblin has some really weird cravings and eating habits. Tell us about some of your weird eating habits. Bonus point if you can show me a picure!
2. In chapter 22 Aiode and her friends try to go and get their instruments replaced at the factory. There are a ton of different instruments there being made for the fairies, but man are they a fortune. Do any of you play any instruments? Have you ever played an instrument? If not, what would you play if you could?
3. Jason and the band are finally discovered by the elf (with the crazy long name) and Buttercake the freaking adorable unicorn who turns into something not so adorable. If you were a detective who would you choose for your magical accomplice?
4. The book ends on a happy but painful note. What do you think of the ending? Were you happy with the turn of events?
5. Tell us your favorite quote(s)/part(s) from the book!
Read-Along/Scavenger Hunt Schedule for Fairy Metal Thunder:July 06th: Chapters 1-6 hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader
July 13th: Chapters 7-13 hosted by Kelly of Reading the Paranormal
July 20th: Chapters 14-20 hosted by Tina of Tina’s Book Reviews
July 27th: Chapters 21-27 hosted by Jen of In the Closet With a Bibliophile
Prizes!Author J.L. Bryan is giving away the complete Songs of Magic series on paperback, autographed & inscribed to the winner!!! International participants will have a chance to win the complete series as e-books.
Rules and Directions for participants:1. Must have a blog or outlet to participate in the answering of questions (if you don’t have a blog, GoodReads will work or any place you can post up your pictures/answer to the questions and people can visit.)
2. This read-along is also a scavenger hunt. It WILL INVOLVE PICTURES. The pictures can be of things you find asked around your house. Don’t have the exact item? That’s cool. Just improvise. You don’t have to include yourself in the photo if you don’t feel comfortable doing so.
3. The questions for each week can be found on the blog that is hosting the following week.
4. After posting up your pictures/question, make sure to link your DIRECT URL into the linky of that week’s hosting blog.
5. Give some Comment Love! Visit the other participants and leave comments on their posts. Doing this is what makes read-alongs fun for everyone!
6. Everyone who signs up for the read-along and participates each week will be entered for a chance to win the prize. Winner will be chosen using Random.org.
All participants: If you have CAPTCHA on your blog, please consider turning it off (even for the day) to help make commenting simple and fun for everyone. If you need instructions on how to turn CAPTCHA off, visit this post: CAPTCHA: How to Eradicate Evil.