Friday, July 13, 2012

Chapter 7-13 - Fairy Metal Thunder Read-a-Long


The Fairy Metal Thunder Read-Along & Scavenger Hunt is hosted by Kelly of Reading the Paranormal, Tina of Tina’s Book Reviews, Jen of In the Closet With a Bibliophile and me.
Join in on the book discussions at anytime. Follow THIS LINK for more details and to sign up. Anyone who participates will have a chance to win the complete Songs of Magic series!

Questions for Chapters 7-13:
1. Unfairly grounded by his parents, Jason decides to lie to them so he can go to the audition in Minneapolis. Unfortunately, not only does the audition end poorly but his parents discover his lie and things go downhill from there. Tell us the most outrageous lie you’ve ever been caught in. Bonus points if you can provide pictorial proof. Reenactments eagerly accepted.
My parents are not very good at picking out lies. Seriously, my mom is kind of naive and really trusting which is ridiculous because my siblings have lied to her so many times and she still believes them. Anyhoo, that being said, the only lie I can ever really remember was when I told my mom that I didn't hit my little sister across the face, but there was this really red hand print on my little sister's cheek. She didn't believe me. I never actually got caught in any of my teenager lies. I'm really good with my background story and making sure I have corroborating sources. LOL! ;)

2. In Faerie, Aoide is summoned to see the Faerie Queen. Have you ever met someone important like the Faerie Queen? Someone famous? Tell us the story behind how it happened. Once again, pictures are a plus!

I've met Harland Williams. For all those who don't know who that is, he's the guy who drinks the pee in Dumb and Dumber. He came to Tempe to the comedy club to do stand up and me and some friends went to see him. He's freaking hilarious and if you ever get the chance, I highly recommend going to see him. After the show, he came back and hung out with me and my friends for awhile. I used to even have an autographed ticket stub, but alas I don't know where it is now.

The other famous people (at least to me anyway) that I've met, are authors. I've met a ton of ones that I loved, but here are the most recent. I actually have video of Kevin regarding the Iron Druid Chronicles, but I couldn't figure out how to get it on my computer.....mostly because I am too tired. :)
Kevin Hearne & Cherie Priest & Me

Stephanie Perkins & Me

Tahera Mafi & Me

Veronica Rossi & Me
3. Caught lying to his father about his non-existent job at the car wash, Jason has now found gainful employment at Buddy McSlawburger’s – where he’s forced to wear “the funny hat” as part of his uniform. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had? Did it involve a particularly noxious uniform? Tell us about it – in riveting, full-color detail!
I never had a super horrible job as I've always done bookkeeping (since I was 13). However, I once worked for a super dishonest prick who should have gone to jail who was trying to cheat on his taxes. And I don't mean the normal kind of "hi, I have a lot of deductions to minimize my net income" kind of cheating. I mean, he was bad. I was really young, so as soon as I figured it out, I quit. I wish I had a better story than that, LOL!

4. In an effort to regain their stolen instruments, Aoide and Rhodia travel to the sugar swamp to hire a hunter. Wouldn’t you love to live somewhere where the water is sweet and the grass is made of sugar cane? Show us a picture of you enjoying your favorite sweet treat. Or, rewrite history and tell us how your version of the sugar swamp would differ from the one in the book.
My very VERY favorite sweet is actually pumpkin pie (I love LOVE pumpkin), but I couldn't find a picture of that. So, my second favorite sweet is oatmeal cookies with crushed walnuts. In fact, I make them so much I almost have the recipe memorized.(and thanks to Missie, my family keeps begging me for cranberry oatmeal cookies. LOL!)
I have a thing for sweets in general. If this recipe didn't take so long to make, I'd probably make them everyday. These are my November Cakes, recipe from Maggie Stiefvater. They freaking melt in your mouth. *drools*

Read-Along/Scavenger Hunt Schedule for Fairy Metal Thunder:
July 06th: Chapters 1-6 hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader
July 13th: Chapters 7-13 hosted by Kelly of Reading the Paranormal
July 20th: Chapters 14-20 hosted by Tina of Tina’s Book Reviews
July 27th: Chapters 21-27 hosted by Jen of In the Closet With a Bibliophile
Prizes!
Author J.L. Bryan is giving away the complete Songs of Magic series on paperback, autographed & inscribed to the winner!!! International participants will have a chance to win the complete series as e-books.

Rules and Directions for participants:
1. Must have a blog or outlet to participate in the answering of questions (if you don’t have a blog, GoodReads will work or any place you can post up your pictures/answer to the questions and people can visit.)
2. This read-along is also a scavenger hunt. It WILL INVOLVE PICTURES. The pictures can be of things you find asked around your house. Don’t have the exact item? That’s cool. Just improvise. You don’t have to include yourself in the photo if you don’t feel comfortable doing so.
3. The questions for each week can be found on the blog that is hosting the following week.
4. After posting up your pictures/question, make sure to link your DIRECT URL into the linky of that week’s hosting blog.
5. Give some Comment Love! Visit the other participants and leave comments on their posts. Doing this is what makes read-alongs fun for everyone!
6. Everyone who signs up for the read-along and participates each week will be entered for a chance to win the prize. Winner will be chosen using Random.org.
All participants: If you have CAPTCHA on your blog, please consider turning it off (even for the day) to help make commenting simple and fun for everyone. If you need instructions on how to turn CAPTCHA off, visit this post: CAPTCHA: How to Eradicate Evil.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, you've met a lot of great people!! I have only met a few. Those cookies and November cakes look amazing!! I love baking! I make a fantastic apple crisp from scratch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um Im jealous of your famous author collection....I thought it was celebrities we needed to list, like you know Edward Cullen..:( Anyways....love the sweet treat pics too, I want those melt in your mouth ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tahera Mafi is so witty & cute and Veronica Rossi is really nice. I really want to meet Stephanie Perkins one day :)

    You did right by quitting that job when you found out the accountant was a sleazeball! I would have sucked something royal for you to go down with him! Smart girl :)

    Oh and I love, LOVEEEE Pumpkin Pie! I basically love anything pumpkin flavored or scented. That's why Fall is my favorite time of year!

    ♥Isalys / Book Soulmates

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harland Williams is hilarious! Also, I think I gain weight whenever I visit your blog because of all the delicious cookies & cakes you put out here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your author pics! You look like you're having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, at least you quit immediately. Think of the trouble you would have been in too. Ugh.

    PUMPKIN PIE! NOMNOMNOM. I need to learn how to make it. It can be that difficult...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love all those pics! You are so cute!

    Hm... I don't know if I should even believe you now. Are you really Jenny or an imposter? *suspicious music plays* *shifty eyes*

    Oh and I'm not a huge sweet eater, but I do love me some baked goods. Those cookies look nomalicious! It's a word! I just made it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, love all those author photos! I'm so terrible about using my camera. I always forget. And those cookies? Yummers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ever since reading about Novemeber Cakes in the Scorpio Races I've been drooling over them and wanting to try making them. Now I have some inspiration after looking at your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cookies and cakes look so delicious, I want them! I wish my mam was bad at picking out lies, it's like she has a lie detector built into her brain!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only met one author and I don't even have a picture. I would love to meet more authors. Those cookies look delicious. I'm a good liar too! LOL Rarely caught!
    My Answers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cranberry oatmeal cookies are da bomb! JS.

    And I dream of making November Cakes the way you do. I like the screen whenever I see the picture.

    Dooood, I had no idea you've been working on bookkeeping for that long. Wow! I promise all my deductions are legal-ish. hehe

    Harland Williams?! LOL! Okay, I'll take you word for it. I love comedy shows. But they always seem to be a hit or miss.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm jealous that you've met so many awesome people, I would live to meet them. Those November Cakes look super good, I might just want to grab some for myself, all those bakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails