The Fairy Metal Thunder Read-Along & Scavenger Hunt is hosted by Kelly of Reading the Paranormal, Tina of Tina’s Book Reviews, Jen of In the Closet With a Bibliophile and me.
Join in on the book discussions at anytime. Follow THIS LINK for more details and to sign up. Anyone who participates will have a chance to win the complete Songs of Magic series!
Questions for Chapters 7-13:1. Unfairly grounded by his parents, Jason decides to lie to them so he can go to the audition in Minneapolis. Unfortunately, not only does the audition end poorly but his parents discover his lie and things go downhill from there. Tell us the most outrageous lie you’ve ever been caught in. Bonus points if you can provide pictorial proof. Reenactments eagerly accepted.
My parents are not very good at picking out lies. Seriously, my mom is kind of naive and really trusting which is ridiculous because my siblings have lied to her so many times and she still believes them. Anyhoo, that being said, the only lie I can ever really remember was when I told my mom that I didn't hit my little sister across the face, but there was this really red hand print on my little sister's cheek. She didn't believe me. I never actually got caught in any of my teenager lies. I'm really good with my background story and making sure I have corroborating sources. LOL! ;)
2. In Faerie, Aoide is summoned to see the Faerie Queen. Have you ever met someone important like the Faerie Queen? Someone famous? Tell us the story behind how it happened. Once again, pictures are a plus!
I've met Harland Williams. For all those who don't know who that is, he's the guy who drinks the pee in Dumb and Dumber. He came to Tempe to the comedy club to do stand up and me and some friends went to see him. He's freaking hilarious and if you ever get the chance, I highly recommend going to see him. After the show, he came back and hung out with me and my friends for awhile. I used to even have an autographed ticket stub, but alas I don't know where it is now.
The other famous people (at least to me anyway) that I've met, are authors. I've met a ton of ones that I loved, but here are the most recent. I actually have video of Kevin regarding the Iron Druid Chronicles, but I couldn't figure out how to get it on my computer.....mostly because I am too tired. :)
|Kevin Hearne & Cherie Priest & Me|
|Stephanie Perkins & Me|
|Tahera Mafi & Me|
|Veronica Rossi & Me|
I never had a super horrible job as I've always done bookkeeping (since I was 13). However, I once worked for a super dishonest prick who should have gone to jail who was trying to cheat on his taxes. And I don't mean the normal kind of "hi, I have a lot of deductions to minimize my net income" kind of cheating. I mean, he was bad. I was really young, so as soon as I figured it out, I quit. I wish I had a better story than that, LOL!
Read-Along/Scavenger Hunt Schedule for Fairy Metal Thunder:July 06th: Chapters 1-6 hosted by Missie of The Unread Reader
July 13th: Chapters 7-13 hosted by Kelly of Reading the Paranormal
July 20th: Chapters 14-20 hosted by Tina of Tina’s Book Reviews
July 27th: Chapters 21-27 hosted by Jen of In the Closet With a Bibliophile
Prizes!Author J.L. Bryan is giving away the complete Songs of Magic series on paperback, autographed & inscribed to the winner!!! International participants will have a chance to win the complete series as e-books.
Rules and Directions for participants:1. Must have a blog or outlet to participate in the answering of questions (if you don’t have a blog, GoodReads will work or any place you can post up your pictures/answer to the questions and people can visit.)
2. This read-along is also a scavenger hunt. It WILL INVOLVE PICTURES. The pictures can be of things you find asked around your house. Don’t have the exact item? That’s cool. Just improvise. You don’t have to include yourself in the photo if you don’t feel comfortable doing so.
3. The questions for each week can be found on the blog that is hosting the following week.
4. After posting up your pictures/question, make sure to link your DIRECT URL into the linky of that week’s hosting blog.
5. Give some Comment Love! Visit the other participants and leave comments on their posts. Doing this is what makes read-alongs fun for everyone!
6. Everyone who signs up for the read-along and participates each week will be entered for a chance to win the prize. Winner will be chosen using Random.org.
All participants: If you have CAPTCHA on your blog, please consider turning it off (even for the day) to help make commenting simple and fun for everyone. If you need instructions on how to turn CAPTCHA off, visit this post: CAPTCHA: How to Eradicate Evil.