Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Questions Week 3 Chapters 11-16 Don't Fear The Reaper

Welcome to Week 2 of our read-a-long! Sorry I couldn't participate last week, I had some family things come up. But, I'm glad to be here for this week and looking forward to the rest! I love me some Charley! ;)

Discussion Schedule:
August 2nd: Chapters 1-5 hosted by Love of Books
August 9th: Chapters 6-10 hosted by Babbling About Books and Stuff
August 16th: Chapters 11-15 hosted by In the Closet With a Bibliophile
August 23rd: Chapters 16-20 hosted by Rainy Day Ramblings
August 30th: Special Guest post with Darynda Jones and Prize Winners

PS:  If you have any questions for Darynda, Charlie, Reyes or Cookie post them in the comments!  Darynda has agreed to answer you pressing questions: aka how can we get some of those sexy dreams for ourselves? Anytime you think of one leave it during the read-a-long--we will gather them up and send them along to Darynda!

Questions Week 3
Chapters 11-16

1. I do have a soft spot for Charley's Aunt Lilian. She is sweet and soft while somehow also being a little dirty and I find that hilarious in an aunt. Do you have any relatives dead or alive that remind you of Aunt Lillian? If not, tell me about your favorite deceased relative. 

My grandmother! LOL! My father’s mother was a hoot. She was eerily close to having a personality like Aunt Lilian. She was eccentric and funny while still being loving and kind. See, her first husband died really young, like in his forty's so she used to go out whenever she could to the navel bases in the area (she lived in South Carolina). She loved to dance and apparently the naval bases provided.  At 53 she remarried to someone who was 20 years younger than she was and he happened to be a member of the navy. She was a spitfire, up until she was bedridden. She died about 10 years ago.

2.  In these chapters, we get a little closer to Reyes and his secrets. Neil, the warden at the prison where Reyes is currently incarcerated - and a high school mate of Charley's - tells a story about how Reyes ended up in the Coma and something he witnessed. What do you think of the story? What does this lead you to think about Reyes?

Honestly, the story was awesome while also creeping me out. I love how it lets us in on a little more background of Reyes and makes us unsure of not only if he should be in jail, but what the hell he really is.

3.  One of the things I love most about Ubie and Charley's relationship is that Ubie aka Uncle Bob has absolute faith in our Charley. Maybe it's because Charley's been solving murder cases for ages and Ubie knows that Charley knows things. If you could pick a super power, which one would you choose? Seeing the dead? Invisibility?

Let’s be honest, I’m a wimp and scared of a ton of things. So, that being said, seeing the dead probably wouldn’t be me best weapon. I’d probably run and scream. The mental ward would have a room with my name on it. So, I think I’ll take time travel and international travel. LOL! ;)

4.  Okay, in my opinion, there is nothing better than walking into your living room and seeing the god-like creature  of your dreams standing there waiting for you. If you were in Charley's shoes, who would be standing in your living room??

Problem is, I’m going to probably have to go with fictional character. I’d choose Barrons or Curran. If you don’t know who those people are, you are lost in a world of sadness.

5.  We get a surprise visit from Rosie's husband and we find out some information about Reyes...that he and The Big Bad are the same guy. What are your thoughts? Were you surprised about Rosie's husband or did you feel that one coming? What about Bad Reyes, had you already made the connection?

I was super surprised to see Rosie’s husband. That man turned out to be worse than I ever expected. As for Reyes, I’d pretty much already made that connection before Charley did. LOL! Guess I’m a quick one. ;)  

(hey everyone, I'm kind of having issues with the link display and I don't know why. I'm trying to fix it now.)



Prizes:
Everyone who signs up for the read-along and participates each week will be entered for a chance to win one of three prizes. Best part: there will one winner per prize! Grand Prize is a copy of Book Four Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet,  First Runner Up wins a copy of Second Grave on the Left, and Second Runner Up [also] wins a copy of Second Grave on the Left.

International Participants: You are eligible to participate and win in the prizes as well. (And trust me when I say you'll want to;))

Wanna join us?
Scroll to the bottom of this post and add your name to the linky located there. Make sure to grab the first set of discussion questions for week one, hosted by Love of Books (they're below or on her blog!)

About the book:

Charley sees dead people. That’s right, she sees dead people. And it’s her job to convince them to “go into the light.” But when these very dead people have died under less than ideal circumstances (i.e. murder), sometimes they want Charley to bring the bad guys to justice. Complicating matters are the intensely hot dreams she’s been having about an Entity who has been following her all her life...and it turns out he might not be dead after all. In fact, he might be something else entirely.

9 comments:

  1. Curran was the first person to pop in my mind when I read that question. Sadly, I've yet to meet this Barrons. Must fix that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost gave the same answer about seeing ghosts. If I could do that I am not sure if I could ever fall asleep again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally would have loved to have met your Grams. She sounds like a total hoot!

    Now I hate to tell you that Barrons is already mine, but I haven't met Curran (I know who he is.. .just not met yet...) so I guess I can't claim him just yet. Hm... does that mean that you have given up claim to Reyes? ;D

    Btw, not seeing the links that were added, but will check back later... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bones and Curran both but I lean towards Curran due to his humor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Grandma sounds awesome! Barrons...isn't the movie coming out soon? Oh yes Rosie's husband was a piece of work! Great questions girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your aunt sounds like a real hoot!

    And yes Barrons, hmm, I liked him too but he wouldn't be a book boyfriend for me, maybe Bones or Jamie or even Roarke. Barrons was a little too mean for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha... your grandma rocked. And I'm so with you on the time travel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha. Time travel = epic. I've heard so much about Barrons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love bones! I haven't read about curran yet, but he is on my list. I also haven't read about barrons either, so I have a ways to go, Roarke is great also! Your g-ma sounds great! time travel...may get a bit confusing, but would be fun!

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails