Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Questions Week 4 Chapters 16-20 Don't Fear The Reaper

Welcome to Week 4 of our read-a-long! I hope you've had as much fun as me! Look out for next weeks post with all the fun Darynda questions. ;)

Discussion Schedule:
August 2nd: Chapters 1-5 hosted by Love of Books
August 9th: Chapters 6-10 hosted by Babbling About Books and Stuff
August 16th: Chapters 11-15 hosted by In the Closet With a Bibliophile
August 23rd: Chapters 16-20 hosted by Rainy Day Ramblings
August 30th: Special Guest post with Darynda Jones and Prize Winners

PS:  If you have any questions for Darynda, Charlie, Reyes or Cookie post them in the comments!  Darynda has agreed to answer you pressing questions: aka how can we get some of those sexy dreams for ourselves? Anytime you think of one leave it during the read-a-long--we will gather them up and send them along to Darynda!

Questions Week 4
Chapters 16-20

1.  One of my favorite aspects of this book are the witty snippets at the beginning of every chapter.  I especially like the t shirt quotes.  My favorites are:
Jenius
Sarcasm. Only one of the services offered.
Do not disturb.  Already there.
What is the funniest t shirt or bumper sticker you have encountered? If you had a t shirt that best described you what would it say?
I can't for the life of me remember the funniest sticker or shirt I have ever seen because my memory sucks. That being said, the best shirt or bumper sticker that best described me would probably say




All from NoiseBot

2. Charley is constantly helping ghosts throughout the book.  Would you like to be able to talk to ghosts and bring closure to their loved ones?  How would you feel about all the ghosts popping up at all times day or night?  Would you like to have a ghost like Mr. Wong in your house?
No. Freaked out. And no. LOL! I'm a scardey cat. Like hard core wimp. Anything ghost related scares the heeby geebies out of me. I mean, I can't even watch scary movies, it's that bad. So, I wouldn't like it at all. I'd probably have been committed. 
3.  Kim reveals some rather shocking and sad details about Reyes' past.  Do you agree with her decision to adhere to her promise and not intervene?  Would you be willing to keep your word and let a loved one die if it was their wish?
Probably not. I'm kind of a wench like that. I don't understand certain situations where people think they need to die. That being said, there are some situations when I do understand. In Reyes' instance, I don't. I agree with Charley. I'm glad Charley does what she does. 
4. In Chapter 19 Charley confronts the bad guy and finds herself in yet another situation where she gets her ass kicked.  Do you like the fact that Charley consistently ends up getting her butt handed to her?  What are your overall thoughts on Charley?
 I do because it shows that Charley is damaged and by far imperfect. It makes her so much easier to understand and compare to because she is so totally human. I love her for it. I love her humor and her ability to pick herself back up. Her wit cracks me up and her ability to play stupid in situations where I know she really knows what is going on really makes me giggle. I just love everything about her. 

5.  Chapter 20 is a big, hot, smoking chapter.  We finally get some answers on Reyes.  Does the revelation change your opinion of him?  Do you think he can overcome his "nature" and be a good person or is Charley in big trouble?  
No, I still have the same opinion of him, but I don't know if he can overcome his nature. After book one I would have said yes, but after book 3 I want to bash him in the head. I just feel like Charley is in big trouble, but not necessarily because of Reyes. I think she gets herself into all kinds of trouble. She doesn't like people helping her much and I think that's going to hurt her more than she thinks. 
6.  Did you enjoy this book?  Will you be continuing the series? 
So much it's not even funny. I already have continued and I most definitely will continue with book 4. The audio books are amazing. Everyone should try them.!!



Prizes:
Everyone who signs up for the read-along and participates each week will be entered for a chance to win one of three prizes. Best part: there will one winner per prize! Grand Prize is a copy of Book Four Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet,  First Runner Up wins a copy of Second Grave on the Left, and Second Runner Up [also] wins a copy of Second Grave on the Left.

International Participants: You are eligible to participate and win in the prizes as well. (And trust me when I say you'll want to;))

Wanna join us?
Scroll to the bottom of this post and add your name to the linky located there. Make sure to grab the first set of discussion questions for week one, hosted by Love of Books (they're below or on her blog!)

About the book:

Charley sees dead people. That’s right, she sees dead people. And it’s her job to convince them to “go into the light.” But when these very dead people have died under less than ideal circumstances (i.e. murder), sometimes they want Charley to bring the bad guys to justice. Complicating matters are the intensely hot dreams she’s been having about an Entity who has been following her all her life...and it turns out he might not be dead after all. In fact, he might be something else entirely.

8 comments:

  1. OMG! I NEED that cupcake shirt. Yes, you know what kind of strangeness I am... and since you posted it... no wonder we get along so well... ;D

    *GULP* Book 3 you wanted to smash his head. Oh noes... well, I'll take Reyes and you won't have to worry about it. I'll just put you in your closet with Curran and a bowl of green chili... ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the three quotes you picked. Especially the one with the cupcakes, so cute :)
    You should have said that for book 3 now I have to read them all. Now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha.. I want the whore tshirt. Yeah, I have a bad feeling trouble is coming Charley's way..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha. The cupcake shirt is the awesomest :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok now I have to speed read through book 2 to find out what Reyes did in book 3 to piss you off so much.

    p.s. The last t-shirt basically sums up my time at work. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ghosts popping in on me would probably scare me. But do want to help people. Would be a hard job. I think in certain circumstances you need to fight for people and in other circumstances you have to let them go. Charley is kick butt but still vulnerable. I like that. Reyes is hot but I think Garrett would be better for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I guess you won't be staying the night in Tombstone anytime soon! I know Charley is just awesome. I am glad I ,ade you into a fan of this series...did it get you out of your reading slump? Thanks again for being such a fab hostess! Feel better soon! I wish you would be a blog cupcake whore again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The three quotes you picked were great! I agree completely with your assessment of Charley! She is fantastic. I love when authors create a character you can truly fall in love with! I also want to bash Reyes on the head after book 3l! Men! (yes yes, he isn't truly a man, but whatever!) Good answers!

    ReplyDelete

I always love comments, and I read every single one!

Also, this is now designated an award free zone. Although I love awards and I love everyone for thinking of me, I just don't have the time to honor them like they need to be honored. Thank you though for your consideration!

XOXO Jen the Bibliophile

If you liked this, you might like these:

Related Posts with Thumbnails